United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Mr_Ed

Football Are you 'really' enjoying this title?

We've been spoilt really haven't we - 11 titles in 17 seasons... It's almost unheard of.

My brother in law sent me a txt saying "bit of a damp squib winning the league with a 0-0 draw" - I reminded him that 19 other teams would love to win the league with a 0-0 draw.

I wonder if the vermin in 1990 ever thought they'd go 20 years without the league...

We've won 3 on the bounce (again) and have won the ECL, World club cup and are in the ECL final.

Just remind yourselves it never gets better than this and, when Fergie leaves, it could get a lot worse.

Remember these times and make the most of them.

Thanks for listening.

Unread 16-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Pop

The European Cup will make it that bit sweeter.

Unread 16-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Bral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
The European Cup will make it that bit sweeter.
More than a bit mate!

Unread 16-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Alex de Large

Thumbs up

Not at all, not one bit. Not waited my whole life for this moment whatsoever.

Unread 16-05-2009, 07:57 PM
clonesred

tbh, if it wasn't the 18th, then I think I'd be finding it hard to get overly excited. But the added spcie of rubbing those @#%&!s' noses in it, just makes this one so so sweet. Think back to 92, and savour this now.

Unread 16-05-2009, 08:04 PM
OleKingScholes

well if you look at the amount of resources we have compared to most other clubs our success is not really a mystery. money doesnt buy success but perhaps money combined with the right manager does.

Unread 16-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Sparky***

enojoying it?

you £#%&!ing bet. i'm still smashed.

Unread 16-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Alex de Large

Thumbs up

If this isn't the greatest day of your life, what will be?

I'm on a two-hour respite (you wouldn't believe what i've just knocked up for my tea) then planning on getting barred from my local and possibly some Russian involement.

Reckon we'll hear anything about the ref who didn't hand us the league?

Unread 16-05-2009, 08:09 PM
magic_cantona

It's so £#%&!ing sweet this one.

The Scousers are £#%&!ing devestated

At the start of the season, I honestly believed this year would be too much.But not for us.What a £#%&!ing team we are.

Unread 16-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Alex de Large

Thumbs up

Don't hear potato head complaining about chelsea's money while they're in third.

robbie keane nft.

Unread 16-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We've been spoilt really haven't we - 11 titles in 17 seasons... It's almost unheard of.

My brother in law sent me a txt saying "bit of a damp squib winning the league with a 0-0 draw" - I reminded him that 19 other teams would love to win the league with a 0-0 draw.

I wonder if the vermin in 1990 ever thought they'd go 20 years without the league...

We've won 3 on the bounce (again) and have won the ECL, World club cup and are in the ECL final.

Just remind yourselves it never gets better than this and, when Fergie leaves, it could get a lot worse.

Thanks for listening.
exactly what i was thinking on the way home.

jesus we're so lucky. 11 titles? ELEVEN?

how have i seen my team win 11 league titles and 2 european cups?

staggering.

thankyou sir alex ferguson, from the bottom of my heart.

Unread 16-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
exactly what i was thinking on the way home.

jesus we're so lucky. 11 titles? ELEVEN?

how have i seen my team win 11 league titles and 2 european cups?

staggering.

thankyou sir alex ferguson, from the bottom of my heart.
It ain't over yet either mate.

Unread 16-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Luffy

I adore and appreciate every single thing we win.

I love the fact we're the only team ever to win it 3 times in a row TWICE.

I love that we've finally equaled those scousers.

but if I'm honest its fear of loss which has more significance to me.

to lose it to anyone else, to have liverpool go to 19 right as we were about to pull level, to have to wait another year to add another notch to our belt or another 3 minimum to attempt to get that 4 in a row.

even now I feel like we can never let liverpool get ahead of us again because it would be agony. I still feel gutted that we have to go that much further and break that many more records to do a quintuple cos of that loss to everton.

yeah ok it almost feels routine that we won it today (in a good way), but I think thats just the difference between gaining something and keeping something safe.

Unread 16-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Rorschach

Thumbs up In my life...

I have personally witnessed United winning 11 League titles, 2 European Cups, 4 FA Cups and 3 League cups.

£#%&!ing hell, seriously, how lucky are we?!?

Eight. £#%&!ing. Teen.

I never thought that the day would come that I'd see us equal the scouse @#%&!s record.

Had a great day. Just finishing a couple of hours recovery. Off to the pub shortly...

Unread 16-05-2009, 10:47 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

£#%&!in brilliant win.......

now onto number 19 !!!!! :banana:

Unread 16-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Applecrumble

[quote=Alex de Large;1520532]If this isn't the greatest day of your life, what will be?

Without doubt the best day of my life!!
I have hated them @#%&!s since the early seventies, that banner in the scoreboard end, decades of their supremacy,they were the best team.

I have kids born and grandkids but nothing and I mean nothing!! can compare to how I have felt today.

Unread 16-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Sparky***

Today was almost surreal for me.

My uncle was with me and he's been going to united since the 70s. He had this look on his face today like the cat that got the cream.

Unread 16-05-2009, 11:07 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
My uncle was with me and he's been going to united since the 70s. He had this look on his face today like the cat that got the cream.

My Uncle (80s Red) is pissed up somewhere in Hayes celebrating

Today is up there with some of the very best United moments I've witnessed. Just got this extremely satisfied feeling. We've known it was ours since winning at Wigan...but when it finally happened today, it just felt £#%&!ing great.

Unread 16-05-2009, 11:08 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Thanks for listening.
i want them to go 26 years without it. perfect symmetry

Unread 16-05-2009, 11:09 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i want them to go 26 years without it. perfect symmetry
Make it 126
Closed Thread