United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:50 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
But he didn't. And that's what happens when you have to rely on players who aren't good enough. they don't produce when it matters.
You're an idiot and rarely provide any critical insight when it matters either mate.

You want us to score goals when we shouldn't and then complain when we win when we play shit

The hypocrisies of the modern day football fan, football isn't microwave unfortunately. We've not planned for the future since SAF stepped down, no surprise than even with the money spent we're still no where near replicating that era. would love to see more talk about that one here instead of the usual "blaming x,y,z player" it's lazy and short sighted to the extreme, but hey ho i guess

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep. We'll look for cracks because it's them, but the type of football they play and the players they've invested in Are much better than ours.

They'll cruise the league. And we all know it, even if we don't want to admit it.
It doesn’t have to be this way though. Guardiola has some good players, but he also has under-performers performing again. Mourinho needs to focus on his job and cut out the petty £#%&!ing bullshit. It’s getting tiresome already.

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:51 PM
Vedder

£#%&!ing state of us trying to win a league title with no natural full backs to pick from and a back 3 of Jones, Smalling and Bailly I like Bailly but he’s a mad @#%&! and the other two clowns unsettle him.

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Exactly

Are we now blaming the opposition for not being shit against us?

Chelsea were ok. They got better because we let them get better. They were there for the taking. Just as they were against City. Just like Liverpool were against us.

We failed to win because we aren't good enough. It really is that simple.
This.

But the solution is complex and requires a level head and some foresight. Unfortunately we're lacking on both fronts at the boardroom level and collectively as supporters.

There's no quick fix to this (which i enjoy tbh - exposes all the "glory hunter" types who think you win things purely on the basis of who's got the biggest cheque book, doesn't work like that).

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:53 PM
irk

Stat attack on sky. Since jan 2015 - no wins away against top six. Aside from scoring three against spurs (and losing) that january we’ve scored once.

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:54 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
£#%&!ing state of us trying to win a league title with no natural full backs to pick from and a back 3 of Jones, Smalling and Bailly I like Bailly but he’s a mad @#%&! and the other two clowns unsettle him.
Bailly’s good when he doesn’t have time to think. Give him a moment on the ball and he hesitates.

Our players have no confidence, and that comes from doubts about their own ability and management.

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:54 PM
Mr_Ed

I’ve sky plussed the game. Worth a watch?

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:56 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
f***ing state of us trying to win a league title with no natural full backs to pick from and a back 3 of Jones, Smalling and Bailly I like Bailly but he’s a mad c*** and the other two clowns unsettle him.
and in his wisdom the manager spent over 30 million quid on an inexperienced Swedish turd... A cheaper older more experienced defender would have been better, and the money wasted on the Swede could have been spent else where, he was a pointless signing, why sign him for the future, when Axel is younger, better and already at the club......

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:57 PM
utd99

I wonder if Mourinho questions his own performance anywhere near as much as his players. Something is wrong here. Ugly football and losses are not a combination a manager can sell easily. But hey, keep having a go at pundits and the supporters eh?

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
This.

But the solution is complex and requires a level head and some foresight. Unfortunately we're lacking on both fronts at the boardroom level and collectively as supporters.

There's no quick fix to this (which i enjoy tbh - exposes all the "glory hunter" types who think you win things purely on the basis of who's got the biggest cheque book, doesn't work like that).
Hmmm.... i think city and psg are proving that it does. It gets you the best players, the best managers, and most importantit, the freedom to just keep doing it til you get it right.

City will win the league because they bought guardiola, all those flair players. £50m a piece of full backs and all without batting an eyelid. And when it goes wrong, and it will , they'll just do the same again..

Meanwhile, we'll spend a £#%&! load, but still cut corners.

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:58 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

What's laughable is that people said we had the best squad in the league.

One injury to Pogba and we've fallen apart.

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:58 PM
utd99

Quote:

Meanwhile, we'll spend a £#%&! load, but still cut corners.
By having Rashford take them.

Unread 05-11-2017, 07:59 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I wonder if Mourinho questions his own performance anywhere near as much as his players. Something is wrong here. Ugly football and losses are not a combination a manager can sell easily. But hey, keep having a go at pundits and the supporters eh?

It's just a deflection tactic. Nothing radical. Nothing unique and nothing that really matters. Looks a bit shit when you lose, but it's something he's always done as a successful manager.

I'm more bothered by the performances and results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
By having Rashford take them.
Another infuriating feature.......BEAT THE FIRST £#%&!ING MAN!

Unread 05-11-2017, 08:00 PM
utd99

Quote:
It's just a deflection tactic. Nothing radical. Nothing unique and nothing that really matters. Looks a bit shit when you lose, but it's something he's always done as a successful manager.

I'm more bothered by the performances and results.
Both are becoming very boring.

Unread 05-11-2017, 08:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Yep. We'll look for cracks because it's them, but the type of football they play and the players they've invested in Are much better than ours.

They'll cruise the league. And we all know it, even if we don't want to admit it.
Course they will

But why would that surprise people?

They're a couple of years ahead of us in terms of where we want to be. They've built a squad ready made for their current manager and have just spent hundreds of millions on more players this summer adding very good players to a squad full of very good players. As a clubs they're run the right way, they're run to achieve things on the football pitch. Spending £120m on three full backs, who gives a £#%&!, it's what they needed and their manager wanted

We're still in transition, with a bloated squad full of players who aren't good enough. Young, Jones, Smalling, Darmian, Shaw, Herrera, Lingard etc. We've signed players over the last few years and then sold them on a season later (Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Depay). Where as City sign players that fit their style of play we've used a scatter gun approach in the transfer market. We're a poorly run football club and have been for a while, no £#%&!ing wonder Mourinho's losing the plot.

Unread 05-11-2017, 08:02 PM
Jack Duckworth

no leaders on or off the pitch today.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
You're an idiot and rarely provide any critical insight when it matters either mate.

You want us to score goals when we shouldn't and then complain when we win when we play shit

The hypocrisies of the modern day football fan, football isn't microwave unfortunately. We've not planned for the future since SAF stepped down, no surprise than even with the money spent we're still no where near replicating that era. would love to see more talk about that one here instead of the usual "blaming x,y,z player" it's lazy and short sighted to the extreme, but hey ho i guess
What the £#%&! are you blithering on about you stupid @#%&!? Score when we shouldn't? When exactly 'shouldn't' United score? What does that even mean?

I want our forwards to score headers a yard out instead of shutting their eyes and having it bounce off the top of their head like a £#%&!ing pub footballer? Yes i £#%&!ing do.

Harry Kane would have nodded that home in his £#%&!ing sleep. Aguero would have headed it in without even thinking. Gabriel Jesus would have tucked it away regardless of what the keeper was doing. It's what top forwards do and it's the difference at this £#%&!ing level. You put all your attacking hopes into inconstant average players then don't be shocked when you can only manage 7 goals in a month.

Please spare me the £#%&!ing cliche rubbish about "modern day football fans" crap, because it's just lazy. I'm not expecting us to replicate the Ferguson era.

We're exactly as i expected we would be - not good enough. I said on here god knows how many £#%&!ing times that we didn't improve the squad one bit in the summer so don't expect any big improvements, but again i just get shot down every time. We didn't buy in any of the areas we needed to. We're playing Ashley Young every week as a starting full back...ASHLEY £#%&!ING YOUNG.

Just as i saw through Van Gaal's United after Arsenal pulverised them 3-0, i saw through this lot when Huddersfield turned them over.

Mourinho will need another 500 million to get anywhere near challenging this City team because he had 4 players that he signed in that entire squad today and 2 of them were £#%&!ing crap.

NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I’ve sky plussed the game. Worth a watch?
Honestly? You'd be better off placing your balls inside a sandwich toaster.

Unread 05-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
and in his wisdom the manager spent over 30 million quid on an inexperienced Swedish turd... A cheaper older more experienced defender would have been better, and the money wasted on the Swede could have been spent else where, he was a pointless signing, why sign him for the future, when Axel is younger, better and already at the club......
When we were desperately in need of quality in the full backs positions.

Unread 05-11-2017, 08:04 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Hmmm.... i think city and psg are proving that it does. It gets you the best players, the best managers, and most importantit, the freedom to just keep doing it til you get it right.

City will win the league because they bought guardiola, all those flair players. £50m a piece of full backs and all without batting an eyelid. And when it goes wrong, and it will , they'll just do the same again..

Meanwhile, we'll spend a f*** load, but still cut corners.
Not true mate, both have only started to get it right as of late and both have failed in their ultimate goal of wining the CL

Football is a simple game but the questions it throws up aren't easy for big clubs to answer. Hopefully we can better address in the future, but i think the more worrying aspect of our club is how long we seem to keep ahold of average players, we don't turn them over quick enough and its hard to critique when you're squad is generally full of a mishmash of players from different eras lol