Originally Posted by armchair
fantastic that the lads will get to see some top class training facilities
What dreams are made of

Unread 21-03-2017, 10:27 PM
croberts

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Manchester United have announced a five-match pre-season tour of the United States ahead of the 2017-18 season.

The Red Devils revealed details of the tour on Monday via their official website, with the team playing matches in Los Angeles, Washington, Salt Lake City and Santa Clara, California, with another city and their opposition yet to be confirmed.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said: "Visiting North America will give the team the best possible preparation for the new season, using top-class training facilities and playing in some great stadiums."

Last year, United visited China in their first pre-season tour under manager Jose Mourinho but visited the U.S. in the two summers prior under predecessor Louis van Gaal, where their matches were attended by over 500,000 supporters.

Fred meet ?
In for DC, maybe one more.

Unread 21-03-2017, 11:25 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts
I'm in DC now.

Makes you think

Unread 22-03-2017, 02:51 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts

Unread 23-03-2017, 07:32 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

I'm in for DC i think. Be good to have some inside info on bars etc... spoke to bcred today - he's not doing it, but would be good to have some north american based freds to show me the equivalent of nevada smiths in washington

Unread 23-03-2017, 08:08 PM
Chris Quayd

Might do either first match in LA or second in Utah.

With regards to things to do in DC, U Street is the place to go for drinks/yoof. The best restaurant is Barcelona which is also on U Street, other than that would recommend getting a bike as DC/Metro is very bike friendly. It will likely be baking weather too.

Unread 26-03-2017, 03:42 PM
bcred

Rumours abound that the 5th game was going to be Boston,but the clubs thought that was too much travel. We then heard Utd execs were heading to Texas as both Austin & Houston wanted to renew there interest.
#@&%!s the lot of them.

In other news we are getting ripped off,the USA branch has offered us a deal.
a One United membership and a tickets for $210 US. £#%&!ers.
I'll be at 4 of the five - not DC I suspect.

But not paying those prices. Either I'll find a way to get in cheaper,or go for the laughs and sit in the boozer.

Unread 26-03-2017, 08:37 PM
elephantstone

Get tickets through united.

Unread 26-03-2017, 08:38 PM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone

yea we hope so.

Unread 26-03-2017, 09:56 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcred
Rumours abound that the 5th game was going to be Boston,but the clubs thought that was too much travel. We then heard Utd execs were heading to Texas as both Austin & Houston wanted to renew there interest.
#@&%!s the lot of them.

a One United membership and a tickets for $210 US. £#%&!ers.

But not paying those prices. Either I'll find a way to get in cheaper,or go for the laughs and sit in the boozer.
boozer sounds better than the games i hate watching united over here

Unread 26-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Easier said than done mate, no tickets from the club were available for the China tour, at least not officially.

Unread 26-03-2017, 11:38 PM
waynes ear's

Get someone over here to go and get them then post them out to you. Or if they are going on the tour to bring them out with them

Unread 27-03-2017, 03:41 AM
croberts

Quote:
#@&%!s the lot of them.

a One United membership and a tickets for $210 US. w****rs.

Is Atlanta a possibility? New stadium ready by then and ATL Utd has been a resounding success thus far.

Unread 27-03-2017, 07:49 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Easier said than done mate, no tickets from the club were available for the China tour, at least not officially.
they were available through the club, I know lads who bought them. On the first couple of tours to the states I bought extra tickets from the club as I had my brother and cousin who wanted to go to the games....piece of piss

Unread 27-03-2017, 07:54 PM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
My China tix came via the club,I still have the Beijing one,wanna see it.

Unread 27-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
they were available through the club, I know lads who bought them. On the first couple of tours to the states I bought extra tickets from the club as I had my brother and cousin who wanted to go to the games....piece of piss
Fair enough, there was nothing online from the club but I'm sure with ST's you could call up and figure something out. As I'm overseas no longer have ST/Membership it wasn't an option though I should have asked mates back home to sort.

Quote:
My China tix came via the club,I still have the Beijing one,wanna see it.

I'm good, still got two match tickets for the same match, we paid £400

(got it refunded by viagogo)

Unread 29-03-2017, 03:54 AM
bcred

Code good for Santa Clara, good until Wednesday 29th 10AM pacific I think.

1FRWRD

Ticketmaster
Closed Thread