Unread 09-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
21 goals
86 assists

Unread 09-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Curtis

He was a decent squad player until he took the number 7 shirt. Ever since then he's been utterly useless. He seemed to make a decision at that point to never take on a full back again, no matter what. Never pass forwards and always choose the shithouse option whenever he could. Absolute £#%&!ing embarrassment. Horrified when he got another contract.

It has to be said, the last couple of months he's played a lot better. But I'm not sure if that's actually better or I'm just having a shock reaction to him being very slightly less horrendous than normal.

Kneel him down next to the bins at Carrington and shoot him in the back of the head in front of the rest of the squad as an example of what won't be tolerated. Do Fellaini the same way and we'll be much better off.

Unread 09-06-2016, 04:23 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
The amount of times I've literally cringed when he's had to change the natural course of whatever run he's making at the time, just to make sure he doesn't have use his left foot.
So true...even when he was good in his first season he would always find some incredibly convoluted way to not just use his left peg...I mean Becks was one footed but Jesus he could actually use the left when he needed to!! If you literally NEVER use your left then you're incredibly easy to defend against

Unread 09-06-2016, 04:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Still can't speak English. Get rid.

Unread 09-06-2016, 04:26 PM
dodger

Terrible right back. Should never have been played there, simply cannot understand it.
Decent winger in his day but not any more

Unread 09-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
valencia can take the ball under pressure, has very good timing on his passes, he's fast, strong as an ox, has got serious attitude... what's not to like?

he just lacks a bit of confidence much of the time, but when he's in the groove he's almost unstoppable
I'm with you Throbbers. I've never understood the stick he gets on here. He's strong and fast and that's more or less it but so what? It's more than most of the rest. Along with Rooney he's the only player we've got who wouldn't be a crying mard-arse in a row. I'd always have him in the team personally.

Unread 09-06-2016, 06:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
carrick has only scored 23 and he's played nearly twice as many games.
Defensive midfielder, innit.

Unread 09-06-2016, 06:34 PM
King Eric

How anyone can hate Valencia is beyond me, he always tries his hardest, he might not be the best RB, but I'd have him before Darmian anytime, who I also don't think is that bad, but should be better.

Unread 09-06-2016, 06:35 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Defensive midfielder, innit.
that has been my point all along.

Unread 09-06-2016, 07:10 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
I'm with you Throbbers. I've never understood the stick he gets on here. He's strong and fast and that's more or less it but so what? It's more than most of the rest. Along with Rooney he's the only player we've got who wouldn't be a crying mard-arse in a row. I'd always have him in the team personally.
£#%&! me that's my point. If you play for united you have to offer more than being strong and fast.

Unread 09-06-2016, 07:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
that has been my point all along.

Unread 09-06-2016, 07:57 PM
est.1878

non hater here

is frustrating as £#%&! at times of course

but does he bring things to the party even when he has a bad attacking day? yes

do players for eg Nani? ...

if had an overlapping fullback we wouldn't need him to beat a man

this has got to be in the top 10 goons of last 5 years fwiw

Unread 09-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
£#%&! me that's my point. If you play for united you have to offer more than being strong and fast.
he was agreeing with my post. which included his high level of basic technique under pressure - a key ability in all top level players, and one at which excels well above most in the PL.

Unread 09-06-2016, 08:43 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
86 assists
According to who? He's got 43 in the Premier League and Europe combined so unless he was a £#%&!ing beast in the Coca Cola and FA Cup I find that hard to believe.

Since 2009 in the Prem and Champs League he has 4 more assists for us than Nani, and 7 less goals.

Nani's last appearance in the league for us was in 2014

Unread 09-06-2016, 08:51 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
he was agreeing with my post. which included his high level of basic technique under pressure - a key ability in all top level players, and one at which excels well above most in the PL.
Under pressure he goes backwards. If that's excelling then I don't agree with you.

Unread 09-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Kangared

Strange one Antonio. Possibly the most 1 dimensional player I have seen. he is royally £#%&!ed when the opposing defender shows him inside & tends to stand on the ball recalculating. In spite of all that he has decent numbers & has had at least one excellent season
On the Nani comparison, Nani suffered from being 2 footed & after an excellent season on the right he was shunted to the left to accommodate Valencia & he never quite reached the same heights again. I would much prefer a winger who can go inside & outside the FB & that is not Valencia, but he plays where he is picked & gives his all. A squad player for me

Any grammar issues ?

Unread 09-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
According to who? He's got 43 in the Premier League and Europe combined so unless he was a £#%&!ing beast in the Coca Cola and FA Cup I find that hard to believe.

Since 2009 in the Prem and Champs League he has 4 more assists for us than Nani, and 7 less goals.

Nani's last appearance in the league for us was in 2014
wondered if anyone would notice

Quote:
Under pressure he goes backwards. If that's excelling then I don't agree with you.
no offence, but that's just nonsense. he is certainly one of the best at united at receiving and releasing the ball under pressure, and like I said he's also one of the best in the PL.

Unread 09-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Billy Redface

Meh.

Don't hate him, don't dis-hate him.

Unread 09-06-2016, 09:12 PM
sa7

The least dynamic footballer in our squad.

You can predict what he's going to do 9 times out of 10.

Generally involves running very fast, stopping very suddenly, waving his leg about like he's having electroshock therapy then blaarrst the ball into the crowd/defender's leg.
Closed Thread