United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 07-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Rossi the Red

Default How many 'Red Knights' are there in total?

Does anyone actually know?

Unread 08-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Tumescent Throb

well over 100,000 easily

Unread 08-03-2010, 07:50 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
well over 100,000 easily
spot on. not just the group of well off "city of london bankers"

actually, do we really want a group of people who helped to cause the most devastating economical downturn in history buying the club?

apart from Orville, its always said "city of london bankers", well excuse me, but they are a bunch of @#%&!s and the money they are stumpng up is probably funny money earnt ripping the common man off.

£#%&! off

sadly though, there is no other way to get rid of the Glazers. Apart from an oil rich Sheikh

Unread 08-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

actually, do we really want a group of people who helped to cause the most devastating economical downturn in history buying the club?

apart from Orville, its always said "city of london bankers", well excuse me, but they are a bunch of @#%&!s and the money they are stumpng up is probably funny money earnt ripping the common man off.

£#%&! off

sadly though, there is no other way to get rid of the Glazers. Apart from an oil rich Sheikh

Waynes ear's does finance..........

Unread 08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:

£#%&! off

'The senate were shocked at Bernanke's more informal approach to the current financial movements.'

Unread 08-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Rossi the Red

So the club is going to be run by 100,000 people?

Triffic.

Unread 08-03-2010, 10:15 PM
redloner

There are some who work for banks. Jim O'Neill is an economist. Paul Marshall runs a hedge fund. Richard Hytner works for Saatchi & Saatchi and Roy Gardner still runs Centrica, as far as I know.

The people trying to put the deal together are bank types, but the bulk of the investors will be from other types of work.

I asked on MUST as I wondered the same thing.

Unread 08-03-2010, 10:18 PM
redloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
So the club is going to be run by 100,000 people?

Triffic.
37,000 when it was a plc seemed ok.

Unread 08-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
There are some who work for banks. Jim O'Neill is an economist. Paul Marshall runs a hedge fund. Richard Hytner works for Saatchi & Saatchi and Roy Gardner still runs Centrica, as far as I know.

The people trying to put the deal together are bank types, but the bulk of the investors will be from other types of work.

I asked on MUST as I wondered the same thing.
I didn't know he was involved.

Unread 08-03-2010, 11:11 PM
RedMenace

Looks like they mean business alright.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/5b36d308-2...44feabdc0.html

Two things from Tuesday's Financial Times

1 The Red Knights have approached a huge Japanese investment bank called Nomura who are experts in giving advice on how to take over the club.

2. The Red Knights have apparently had two offers of £500m each to invest in United.

Unread 08-03-2010, 11:33 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace

1 The Red Knights have approached a huge Japanese investment bank called Nomura who are experts in giving advice on how to take over the club.

2. The Red Knights have apparently had two offers of £500m each to invest in United.
was just going to post the same link - interesting.

Unread 09-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Sparky***

The problem is, and will continue to be, convincing the septics to sell up. They're doing very nicely out of their prize asset at the moment and won't want to sell up unless they're going to make a shitload out of the deal.

Unread 09-03-2010, 12:47 AM
RedMenace

True. There's been some hints about the group having ways and means of putting the squeeze on them. The people involved don't seem like stupid people and would know exactly how the Glazers think so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. It's still at the start of their plan really.

Unread 09-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
37,000 when it was a plc seemed ok.
don't remember too many sharing that view pre-2005

most people thought they were @#%&!s from what i remember

Unread 09-03-2010, 04:06 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
don't remember too many sharing that view pre-2005

most people thought they were @#%&!s from what i remember
its all relative tbf.

Unread 09-03-2010, 06:44 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Waynes ear's does finance..........

soz top red, i'll carry on ignoring the debt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
'The senate were shocked at Bernanke's more informal approach to the current financial movements.'
£#%&! off you dick

Unread 09-03-2010, 09:21 AM
redloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The problem is, and will continue to be, convincing the septics to sell up. They're doing very nicely out of their prize asset at the moment and won't want to sell up unless they're going to make a shitload out of the deal.
Interesting development today. First Allied, one of the Glazer businesses has just allowed one of its shopping malls to be repossessed by Bank of America.

From the look of it, it was in negative equity and the Glazers will walk away debt-free, as you can probably guess would happen.

Tumescent - there were 37,000 shareholders, but the running of the club was never questioned. The plc as an ownership model wasn't what I was aiming to discuss. It had its pluses and its negatives. I'm just a bit fed up with daft foundationless arguments being put up. As with any organisation, a board will be made up and it will take responsibility for the day to day running of the club. I don't understand why the number of investors is viewed as a negative. Surely the more the ownership is diluted, the less chance we have of another Glazer situation?

Unread 09-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Sullingtons

Quote:
soz top red, i'll carry on ignoring the debt

£#%&! off you dick
Ears, I'd have you over the joblot we have in the square mile in a flash.

Unread 09-03-2010, 10:35 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace

Any chance of a copy & paste? That link requires registration.

Unread 09-03-2010, 10:39 AM
thatsfuctit

Nomura overture from Red Knights
By Roger Blitz, Leisure Industries Correspondent

Published: March 8 2010 22:46 | Last updated: March 8 2010 22:46

The Red Knights have approached Nomura in a further signal of their intentions to wrest control of Manchester United football club from the Glazer family, according to people close to the situation.

The Japanese investment bank was contacted on Friday by the group of financiers to see if it would act as corporate adviser, although no decision has yet been made.

EDITOR’S CHOICE
Rangers in takeover talks - Mar-08High Court orders Portsmouth hearing - Mar-02Editorial: Chasing mediocrity - Feb-26Premier League denies volte-face - Feb-10Portsmouth faces red card from taxman - Feb-09Crystal Palace FC goes into administration - Jan-26Guy Dawson, who joined Nomura in December after it acquired Tricorn Partners, the London-based advisory boutique he founded, advised the board of Manchester United during the Glazers’ takeover bid in 2005.

Nomura and the Red Knights both declined to comment.

The recruitment of Nomura would be a significant boost to the fledgling Red Knights campaign, which is being orchestrated by Jim O’Neill, Goldman Sachs’ chief economist who was a United board member until the Glazers’ £790m ($1.2bn) leveraged buy-out.

The campaign is up against some formidable obstacles, not least the Glazers’ determination to hold onto the club.

The Red Knights also want to put together a complex investor base, involving a large number of wealthy investors and ordinary club supporters.

They have received offers of £500m from each of two individual would-be investors.

However, the group is aligned with the Manchester United Supporters Trust and Mr O’Neill is keen that the fans get a stake in the club