United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2017, 06:00 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
They will miss him. The problem they always have is that they only ever have one or two game changers. Gerrard, Torrens, Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho, Salah. To challenge you need to keep them all together. They're constantly losing theirs and claiming they'll be ok because they've still got this guy or that guy.

Any team with title aspirations would not be selling Coutinho, but adding quality. We moan about the Glazers but the yanks at Anfield will be delighted to sell Coutinho and make a few million.
I don't think he's that good mate.

They've replaced better players.

Good for the odd worldly, but not a Suarez or Torres.

Unread 31-12-2017, 06:33 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Probably not in that league but if you say he's playing in their midfield three, he's a much better option than Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum.

Unread 31-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Neo

Football

Van Dijk is an excellent signing for them. Not only is he an outstanding centre back, with leadership ability and the nous to organise a defence, but he's also experienced in the league, so will adapt very quickly, which is invaluable when it comes to a mid-season signing.

Liverpool's problem, however, is that they possibly need at least five more similar level signings to challenge for trophies; certainly a new goalkeeper, probably a couple more defenders, a top-class central midfielder, and potentially a number 9 to lead the attack.

Add in the fact that they're likely to be losing Coutinho next month, and they're not really progressing as quickly as it seems. The biggest problem for them is that they have a manager who knows how to get a team to score goals, but doesn't seem to know how to stop conceding them.

They will be fighting for 4th for the foreseeable.

Unread 31-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

He's a great player, he's not a 30 goal a season player but then he's not a centre forward.

They'll miss him badly. As soon as Salah's red hot form drops off, they'll struggle.

Unread 31-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's a great player, he's not a 30 goal a season player but then he's not a centre forward.

They'll miss him badly. As soon as Salah f***s off to Real Madrid, they'll struggle.
Fixed

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:03 PM
AK14

We’re getting a kicking left, right and centre at the moment.

Most likely made up %@#$&!s, but it wouldn’t surprise me if something like this did happen tbh.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:08 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/dominicking_dm/s...425178112?s=21

We’re getting a kicking left, right and centre at the moment.

Most likely made up %@#$&!s, but it wouldn’t surprise me if something like this did happen tbh.
noticed two articles about lfc players today praising them but in a headline about us. It's £#%&!ing cringe how much they have to bring us into everything in order to get more clicks. Just say they're a good player for a team that has nothing to do with us, without saying literally this "Why the hell didn't Manchester United buy VVD" that was the headline and the article was just praising his form. You could say that about any player.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Lok

We all laughed when they coughed up £75m for him. Pretty sure we'd all take him now even at £100m.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
We all laughed when they coughed up £75m for him. Pretty sure we'd all take him now even at £100m.
Some of us didn’t laugh tbf

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Some of us didn’t laugh tbf
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=84

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
some people called it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Van Dijk is an excellent signing for them. Not only is he an outstanding centre back, with leadership ability and the nous to organise a defence, but he's also experienced in the league, so will adapt very quickly, which is invaluable when it comes to a mid-season signing.
while others got it very wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

I'd be fuming if we paid £75m for Van Dijk. There's absolutely no way it can be justified. Even in this market.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:21 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
some people called it

while others got it very wrong
Saffers in talking absolute shite shocker.

The whopper.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Sparky***

Crazy fee... but then everyone said that about Rio when we signed him in 2002.

He's looked every inch a top class defender for Liverpool so far. They are going to be a serious contender this season.

I suppose we can only sit here and hope that City blow everyone away again to spare us all the £#%&!ing ignominy of having to watch Liverpool win the league.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Ethers

Quote:
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...2&postcount=95

Saged it. Even called them beating City the next game.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:32 PM
AK14

Quote:

Quote:
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...2&postcount=95

Saged it. Even called them beating City the next game.
Saged it...

Hates being wrong does Ethers, bloody hates it...

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Crazy fee... but then everyone said that about Rio when we signed him in 2002.

He's looked every inch a top class defender for Liverpool so far. They are going to be a serious contender this season.

I suppose we can only sit here and hope that City blow everyone away again to spare us all the £#%&!ing ignominy of having to watch Liverpool win the league.
The sick thing is were going to be secretly grateful pep is at city so it stops the verm.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Saged it...

Hates being wrong does Ethers, bloody hates it...
Oh, here’s Akers replying to something about me again. Imagine my surprise....

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
The sick thing is were going to be secretly grateful pep is at city so it stops the verm.
There's no guarantee they're going to be as unstoppable as they were last season either.

The only thing that could possibly derail Liverpool is injuries as we saw at Dortmund. After a couple of season's of Klopp's style, players start breaking down.

Unread 21-08-2018, 03:41 PM
AK14

Quote:
Oh, here’s Akers replying to something about me again. Imagine my surprise....
Ethers right about now...

Closed Thread