United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Fat Al

Default Re: Why do you support United

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Paul_Parker
Family more or less - dad, uncle, grandad, all matchgoers in their day.

I say more or less because it doesn't always come down to family, a couple of mates hail from blue families. United were also playing the first game I remember seeing live on telly. I also remember it was against the skaus, and the fact for some inexplicable reason I hated them already

it's difficult to pin down if you've just 'grown up' with them. that sounds a bit top red-ish I mean there was never a point where I thought 'I'll start supporting united'.
This too for me. Altho I was born in London, Dads side of the family were from Manchester, all United supporters. United & football have just always been there .... I have no memory of there being none of either.

Unread 12-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Pop

Daddly Doodly is a top red. My best friend was too. Just happened from there I guess.

Unread 12-08-2011, 07:44 PM
HarkNowHear

In the bloodlines.

Unread 12-08-2011, 07:49 PM
The Stella Fella

Dad born and bred Salfordian - took me to my first game when i was 4.

Never in doubt!

Unread 12-08-2011, 07:54 PM
thatsfuctit

Dad's family were Salford then Sale, Dad and my Aunt Dot used to go with their parents dating back to at least the 40s, I know they all went to the 48 cup final, Dad started taking me on my gran's season ticket when she was getting a bit old for a few of the rucks in the mid 70s. Me and my Dad kept going for years after we moved over to Leeds, but let the tickets go when I started playing rugby fairly seriously and it was clashing all the time

Aunt Dot still goes 1940s -> now. top red aunt dot

Unread 12-08-2011, 07:54 PM
djsst

Family from Manchester , now live 15 miles away.
There was no other choice.
First game was Coventry at OT 1969
SO long ago.

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Tommy M

Family moved to Sale when i was three months old, in 73. As a kid my dad or his mates would take me to OT , first memories of united were being at the 79 cup final , all i remember is having a good cry when that goal went in.

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:05 PM
jem

family - my uncle marky... and, indirectly, bestie. indoctrinated as soon as I would sit still long enough (actually, before that, he probably ran after me shouting stuff as well).

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Neo

Basically during Euro 96 I got hooked on the drama of football. Man U were the best and they're now definitely in my blood. Loved the Treble!!! <3

Looking to go to an actual EPL game soon. Just need to get a new digital camera sorted as I lost my last one when I was on safari in Zambia. First game was the Champion's League final against Barca a couple months back, as I got a few complimentary tickets through work. Bad luck, but they were great. Messi is a ledge!!

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Basically during Euro 96 I got hooked on the drama of football. Man U were the best and they're now definitely in my blood. Loved the Treble!!! <3

Looking to go to an actual EPL game soon. Just need to get a new digital camera sorted as I lost my last one when I was on safari in Zambia. First game was the Champion's League final against Barca a couple months back, as I got a few complimentary tickets through work. Bad luck, but they were great. Messi is a ledge!!
haha marlo's forgot to change his login.

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Amish Mash

Grew up in Newton Heath. First memory was being held aloft when Stevie Coppell belted it over Corrigan (Joe not Mark) and that was that. No choice anyway thank £#%&!

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Mash
Grew up in Newton Heath. First memory was being held aloft when Stevie Coppell belted it over Corrigan (Joe not Mark) and that was that. No choice anyway thank £#%&!
£#%&!ing loved Steve Coppell as a kid. him and Merlin on the wings

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Signor Whippy

Had no choice in the matter. My dad is a red and his brothers are all glory hunting dippers. Live just over 10 miles from the ground and this season will be my first as a ST holder. Cant wait!

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Zorg

Dad took me to my first game against Ardwick in 1883.

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Numbers of reasons & the answer always came back as Manchester United.

My school years were through the 80's, everyone supported Liverpool mostly or QPR (My local team) I wanted to be different & choose United.

I loved Bryan Robson

My b'day is ways around cup final. It was 82 & my old girl ask me if I wanted a football kit for my b'day whilst I was watching Spurs v QPR cup final. I said I want a red Man United kit. We had to go to Steve Perrymen Sports shop & pre order it as you could not walk in & buy them off the shelf in those days

Neither my Dad or Mum were in to Football so it was all my decision without influence.

cockney Red & proud !!!

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Numbers of reasons & the answer always came back as Manchester United.

My school years were through the 80's, everyone supported Liverpool mostly or QPR (My local team) I wanted to be different & choose United.

I loved Bryan Robson

My b'day is always around cup final. It was 82 & my old girl ask me if I wanted a football kit for my b'day whilst I was watching Spurs v QPR cup final. I said I want a red Man United kit. We had to go to Steve Perrymen Sports shop & pre order it as you could not walk in & buy them off the shelf in those days

Neither my Dad or Mum were in to Football so it was all my decision without influence.

cockney Red & proud !!!

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:42 PM
no fun

dad was a blue

we moved to the garden city from hulme when I was 3, then to a different part of it when I was 5.

first day in our new house I got introduced to the older lads on our street, they were about 7 or 8

they made it very clear to me that unless i supported united I was going to get £#%&!ing battered

took the sensible decision

cheers kenny, cheers brian (rip)

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Marlon Van Baron

And Norman Whiteside

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
dad was a blue

we moved to the garden city from hulme when I was 3, then to a different part of it when I was 5.

first day in our new house I got introduced to the older lads on our street, they were about 7 or 8

they made it very clear to me that unless i supported united I was going to get £#%&!ing battered

took the sensible decision

cheers kenny, cheers brian (rip)
Thank £#%&! I didn't succumb to that kind of peer pressure.

Unread 12-08-2011, 08:52 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Thank £#%&! I didn't succumb to that kind of peer pressure.
He likes sucking cum Al.
Closed Thread