United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:50 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
If it were an out of contract freebie sure, but then so was Sánchez and we put him on some daft five year contract so it's the same thing.

As a huge money signing it's a big change in direction and not a welcome one.

Still if it's what we have to do to get this season off the ground. Jesus what a depressing prospect, but get on with it.
Every signing is seemingly to lift us from a slump or swinging our dick rather than being a piece in a jigsaw.

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:50 AM
Sparky***

The effects of that would of course mean that in time the club would become less profitable which means that our wonderful owners would then scale back investment on players and it becomes a vicious circle.

The one small crumb of hope is that they may decide to just sell up while they can but i doubt it. They ran that NFL franchise into the ground and still own it.

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:52 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Every signing is seemingly to lift us from a slump or swinging our dick rather than being a piece in a jigsaw.
Yeah I thought he was a misguided signing, a bad fit for the squad as it was and signed without any vision, and the way he's played so far hasn't done loads to disabuse that notion.

Willian at least is part of a plan, whether it be the plan I want isn't the quibble here.

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Kangared

Quote:
I think we need a different manager and a hierarchy that sees beyond sponsorship.

You're asking me what curtains I think we should get for a living room of a house I want burnt to the ground.
Poor analogy
What you are saying is you want the whole squad shipped out simply because Jose has coached them .
The signings you criticise, Matic & Alexis are 2 of the only 3 players we have who are comfortable on the ball & who want it & will try to use it even under pressure in big games. The other is Pogba, another Jose signing
I’m over Jose as manager, but it’s about his negative style of play. Not about the players he has bought

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:53 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The effects of that would of course mean that in time the club would become less profitable which means that our wonderful owners would then scale back investment on players and it becomes a vicious circle.

The one small crumb of hope is that they may decide to just sell up while they can but i doubt it. They ran that NFL franchise into the ground and still own it.
£#%&! don't start pobbers and dunk off again

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
United aren't in the position unfortunately to wait around for 'potential' we need a premier league title soon, within the next couple of seasons or we really are going to be in the wilderness for a long time.
Always thought we’d go 5-10 years without a title when Fergie left given the squad, the lack of investment leading up to fergie’s retirement, and the dicks in charge. Now I fear more like 10-15 years before we’re anywhere near where we should be. We’ve a whole generation of shit@#%&!s to get out and replace and we’re doing it at a rate of about 4 a year, and the replacements are old or not good enough in the majority of cases. Given the massive increase in transfer fees and our apparently meagre budget, it’s going to take £#%&!ing ages and the current people making the decisions aren’t the ones to be shrewd enough to do it.

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
£#%&! don't start pobbers and dunk off again
Too late

Unread 29-07-2018, 10:57 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Too late
I meant about the NFL franchise. That post was fine.

Unread 29-07-2018, 11:00 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Need a right winger and we're in for one. What kind of jigsaws do you buy?

Unread 29-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
United aren't in the position unfortunately to wait around for 'potential' we need a premier league title soon, within the next couple of seasons or we really are going to be in the wilderness for a long time.
No we don't. We need to work towards something that comes close to a vision of how we want the team to be. Right now we're just panicking and chasing instant success with the ultimate cheque book 'right here, right now'. Spurs and Liverpool haven't touched a title yet they're buzzing for the new season and hardly in the wilderness. They're exciting and excited for their football this season.

I don't have a problem with us not winning the league. I have a problem with not looking forward to watching us play or how we go about things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Need a right winger and we're in for one. What kind of jigsaws do you buy?
Read my other replies . It's all there

Unread 29-07-2018, 12:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
No we don't. We need to work towards something that comes close to a vision of how we want the team to be. Right now we're just panicking and chasing instant success with the ultimate cheque book 'right here, right now'. Spurs and Liverpool haven't touched a title yet they're buzzing for the new season and hardly in the wilderness. They're exciting and excited for their football this season.

I don't have a problem with us not winning the league. I have a problem with not looking forward to watching us play or how we go about things.
Fair enough. And that's good, it shows that our standards are still high and we haven't lost all sense of perspective.

Liverpool and Spurs are like men who've been walking in a desert for 10 years. If you gave them a jacobs cream cracker they'd tell you it was the most delicious and wonderful thing they've ever seen. Spurs entire premier league existence has been loitering around mid table or just staving off relegation in the mid 90s, they're excited now because they're not a joke team any more.

Unread 29-07-2018, 01:08 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Fair enough. And that's good, it shows that our standards are still high and we haven't lost all sense of perspective.

Liverpool and Spurs are like men who've been walking in a desert for 10 years. If you gave them a jacobs cream cracker they'd tell you it was the most delicious and wonderful thing they've ever seen. Spurs entire premier league existence has been loitering around mid table or just staving off relegation in the mid 90s, they're excited now because they're not a joke team any more.
And fair enough on your 'starving man' analogy. I wouldn't swap our last 20 years for theirs obviously.... but right here and now those two and city have exciting players, onside with their managers vision...that has come about by the club backing them , doing their homework and/or continuing a style.

They play good stuff and are optimistic and generally happy about their set up.

We arent

The club lacks a vision, chases the £ above all else, panics, has shit people in charge and hired a manager out of fear.... And now we're seeing what hes all about and the only way the club backs him is by pretending to show off in the transfer market.

Unread 29-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
And fair enough on your 'starving man' analogy. I wouldn't swap our last 20 years for theirs obviously.... but right here and now those two and city have exciting players, onside with their managers vision...that has come about by the club backing them , doing their homework and/or continuing a style.

They play good stuff and are optimistic and generally happy about their set up.

We arent

The club lacks a vision, chases the £ above all else, panics, has shit people in charge and hired a manager out of fear.... And now we're seeing what hes all about and the only way the club backs him is by pretending to show off in the transfer market.
Talk of city having a vision they've spent almost a billion on 2 years since that freak came in.

Unread 29-07-2018, 01:13 PM
dunk

Looks like we’ll be paying for Pulisic

Unread 29-07-2018, 01:14 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Talk of city having a vision they've spent almost a billion on 2 years since that freak came in.
Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Link to the house

Unread 29-07-2018, 01:19 PM
Jethro

9/10ths done

Unread 29-07-2018, 01:34 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
By a guy with a vision who we should have got.

Unread 29-07-2018, 01:43 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Vision quest though

Unread 29-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
9/10ths done
I heard only 8/10ths

who knows what to believe

Unread 29-07-2018, 03:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
By a guy with a vision who we should have got.
Maybe we did. You can’t force someone to work for you. Possibly we weren’t prepared to buy him and his brother a professional club in Spain to work on in retirement.
Closed Thread