Unread 23-06-2008, 02:16 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin
There was more pressure on that kick than I've ever seen before
I was shitting it, convinced he'd miss

Unread 23-06-2008, 02:20 PM
The Watcher

And Spain can £#%&! off too. Don't want the likes of Fabregas and Torres winning an international tournament. Not arsed who wins from the other three. Turkey winning would piss lids fans right off, so that could be a laugh

Unread 23-06-2008, 02:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
nani knew if he missed we were out. ando knew if he missed chelsea only had to score to win.

those are pressure penalties.

i'd love to be taking terry's or fabregas's...if you score you're the hero if you miss it's not the end of the world.
Spot on. Nani is a star for the way he took his pen in Moscow. Absolutely horrible situation to be in, knowing that if you miss your team is out and even if you score the other side still have the advantage. With it being in a European Cup final, that's about as much pressure you can have when taking a penalty.

Scoring a winning penalty is a completely different matter. You can afford to miss.

Unread 23-06-2008, 03:22 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Scoring a winning penalty is a completely different matter. You can afford to miss.
Agreed.

I absolutely love the way our 'new generation' stepped up to bury their Pens in Moscow - Anderson, Cougar, Nani, Carrick, Tevez....obviously Giggsy was the 'Fairytale' (can't remember which backstabbing £#%&!er missed the other one now. Name escapes me)
Closed Thread