United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2012, 03:44 PM
Child of Darkness

Default worst United game ever

what was that game were we lost 5 nil i think and about half the crowd (the dirty 30) walked out ??

that was so £#%&!ing bad it was untrue

the other one just for the feeling of being on the highest high to the lowest low was against the vermin and it was a midweek night game about 97 ??? - OT was absolutely jumping - best atmos in years - every one wanted to rio them apart - which we did with out scoring and then that @#%&! danny @#%&!face came on and scored and they nicked it one nil . Utterly robbed , the bishops before hand was a powder keg felt almost revolutionary in there .

Unread 18-12-2012, 05:20 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
what was that game were we lost 5 nil i think and about half the crowd (the dirty 30) walked out ??

the other one just for the feeling of being on the highest high to the lowest low was against the vermin and it was a midweek night game about 97 ??? - OT was absolutely jumping - best atmos in years - every one wanted to rio them apart - which we did with out scoring and then that @#%&! danny @#%&!face came on and scored and they nicked it one nil . Utterly robbed , the bishops before hand was a powder keg felt almost revolutionary in there .
wrong thread pol :shakehead:

Unread 18-12-2012, 05:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

The 2001/02 season, I do believe. We £#%&!ing battered them for 90 minutes and they scored with practically their only chance of the game

We had been in fantastic form going into that one as well (having recovered from our pre-Xmas implosion to go top) whilst their form had slumped. Season never quite recovered from it, tbh

Unread 18-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The 2001/02 season, I do believe. We £#%&!ing battered them for 90 minutes and they scored with practically their only chance of the game

We had been in fantastic form going into that one as well (having recovered from our pre-Xmas implosion to go top) whilst their form had slumped. Season never quite recovered from it, tbh
see,m to remember we did pretty £#%&!ing well for the rest of the season but had no margin for error - and we made a few, like Veron against M'boro', that cost us. Somehow nearly won the CL as well but the whole sideshow of that (witjh Beckham and Roy Keane) did for us in the league and we ended up with neither despite some great games and great results, with Blanc in full effect as the nearest thing we've ever had under Fergie to a genuine footballing centreback Shame it was the fag end of his career though...

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

The Champion's League has been home to some truly harrowing moments.

Dortmund at Old Trafford in 1997.

Both legs against Leverkusen in 2002.

In recent years it is probably the Bayern Munich game at Old Trafford in 2010. I still don't understand how we lost that game, and we should have won the whole £#%&!ing tournament that season. Inter, ffs.

The two Champion's League final defeats against Barca both left me feeling empty for weeks. However, hindsight has eased the pain in the realisation that we simply lost to the better team. In the other games I mentioned we lost to inferior sides, which makes it so much worse.

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:03 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The Champion's League has been home to some truly harrowing moments.

Dortmund at Old Trafford in 1997.

Both legs against Leverkusen in 2002.

In recent years it is probably the Bayern Munich game at Old Trafford in 2010. I still don't understand how we lost that game, and we should have won the whole £#%&!ing tournament that season. Inter, ffs.

The two Champion's League final defeats against Barca both left me feeling empty for weeks. However, hindsight has eased the pain in the realisation that we simply lost to the better team. In the other games I mentioned we lost to inferior sides, which makes it so much worse.

you forgot Monaco in 1998.....at least Dortmund won the £#%&!ing thing in 1997

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:05 PM
suedeshoes

Getting done 1-5 at Maine Rd obviously. Even getting done 1-6 at OT didn't feel as bad.

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
at least Dortmund won the £#%&!ing thing in 1997

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

We lost 0-3 to Chelsea at home.

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

4-0 to Forest at OT

edit: just shuddered at the thought of it after posting

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:14 PM
eusker

Anfield in '92 is the worst I've ever felt over football. Was in the main stand surrounded by scousers chanting "Leeds, Leeds, Leeds". I didn't think I'd ever see Utd win the league.

Have also seen Utd lose 4-0 at Anfield, 5-1 at Maine Rd and 5-0 at St James Park (in the geordie end).

Bit of a Jonah when you think about it.

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:16 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
Anfield in '92 is the worst I've ever felt over football. Was in the main stand surrounded by scousers chanting "Leeds, Leeds, Leeds". I didn't think I'd ever see Utd win the league.

Have also seen Utd lose 4-0 at Anfield, 5-1 at Maine Rd and 5-0 at St James Park (in the geordie end).

Bit of a Jonah when you think about it.
was also in their Main Stand in 1992, bailed as soon as they went 2-0 up horrific day

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:20 PM
carlosartorial

5-1 and 6-1. Fenebahce at home hurt too.

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:21 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Getting done 1-5 at Maine Rd obviously. Even getting done 1-6 at OT didn't feel as bad.
I was at both and the 6-1 was far far worse as far as I was concerned.

The 5 - 1 one was in 1989 - a nadir year as far as Fergie was concerned and City were equally shit. Terible match for united but our support was everywhere, the match was stopped for about 10 mins because of our lot in the north stand so as depressing as it was, I still felt reasonably happy about united's off pitch prowess.

The 6 - 1 was just limp all over the place, on and off field. Grim awful limp wristed shite.

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:45 PM
red in cumbria

Old enough to remember us getting splattered 6-0 at Ipswich - they missed 2 pelanties too. That took some living down at school

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Argentina

FA Cup Semi-final in 2011. Horrible horrible day, especially seeing as we should have been 1-0 up in 8 minutes and they looked shit scared.

Unread 18-12-2012, 07:59 PM
lookingforeric

The 5-0 loss to newcastle. Im still haunted by this.

Its not so much the goal but moreso martin tylers voice

Unread 18-12-2012, 08:03 PM
believe

sheff united v leeds united 92. the only game other than nou camp 99 when I've actually cried watching a football match.

my emotions for the game over the last 7-8 years have been almost deadened but for 30 seconds after the last game of last season they were back. what happened almost made me cry again but instead I told my missus to £#%&! off and went and got pissed.

Unread 18-12-2012, 08:08 PM
Zorg

A drab 0-0 against Aston Villa, think it was in December. Maybe 1991 or something.

Unread 18-12-2012, 08:08 PM
fergieslovechild

There have been a few:

lots of champ league dead rubbers where we have had to pay to watch shite....

1-4 scousers
1-6 them

but for me the worst has got to be getting beat by City at the 50th anniversary of munich game....why them?

Closed Thread