United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:15 PM
carlosartorial

Default Re: Manchester United voted 'most hated company in Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
United have been a big name across the globe for over half a century.
Yes - which become a self-styled 'global corporation' round about the turn of the century.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Could you please start following him about the forum fixing his there, their, they're, your and you're?
You're Dead to/too me.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Red in Asia

Quote:
United is not a brand of soap, you can't just go and buy a different make.
Yes you can.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:22 PM
beansy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Its sullers doing his 'Intellectual London Head' thing....
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Fixed it for you.
I really don't, I just like winding throbs up. He'd argue with a wall if he could.

I still think he's a huge contradiction the way he deflects any blame away from United onto Sky when we are the club who has benefited most from that very corporation.

What's worse is his hypocrisy of how he badmouthed FC (I remember the thread, even if he doesn't) which seems like a group of United fans who are indeed rejecting the Sky'ification.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
You're Dead to/too me.
Ghost watch bitch.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:30 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Manchester United voted 'most hated company in Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansy
I really don't, I just like winding throbs up. He'd argue with a wall if he could.

I still think he's a huge contradiction the way he deflects any blame away from United onto Sky when we are the club who has benefited most from that very corporation.

What's worse is his hypocrisy of how he badmouthed FC (I remember the thread, even if he doesn't) which seems like a group of United fans who are indeed rejecting the Sky'ification.
Just banting tbf.

Disney’s a great movie studio with a rich history, so comparing United to them was a good move

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:33 PM
beansy

Quote:
Just banting tbf.

Disney’s a great movie studio with a rich history, so comparing United to them was a good move
I meant to ask a question (the sort *RIC* would know): is Disney considered (by conspiracy theorists) as zionist or antisemitic? I know it's one, something to do with the old movies.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Yes - which become a self-styled 'global corporation' round about the turn of the century.
timeframe's debateable though isn't it - knighton, 1991, murdoch... there were regular features on, and constant passing references to, united's stock market performance bandied around in mainstream news programmes and football coverage alike throughout the 90s. i remember the german media ripping the piss out of united's merchandising operation in the run up to the 97 s/f...

kenyon was just part of the next wave of exploitation, which is ironic because it is the united from when he was chief exec that the playstation fans of today crave after - big signings, wage structure-smashing deals...

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

yeah you wind me up. no really. just to be clear, if you love sky that's up to you.

can't recall the thread - was it brighton? did i criticise FC about something or other? heaven forbid.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:44 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
I meant to ask a question (the sort *RIC* would know): is Disney considered (by conspiracy theorists) as zionist or antisemitic? I know it's one, something to do with the old movies.
There are claims that Walt Disney was an anti-semite. But then, many of the animators and writers at Disney in his lifetime were Jewish too. However, there’s no doubt that a number of Disney cartoons during the inter war period did use ethnic stereotypes for humor which would, by modern standards, be considered racist.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:45 PM
beansy

Quote:
yeah you wind me up. no really. just to be clear, if you love sky that's up to you.

can't recall the thread - was it brighton? did i criticise FC about something or other? heaven forbid.
I don't love Sky United do though.

You spent an awful amount of time on early FC threads, as you do, conjuring up an argument from no where which clearly indicated you had a problem with them. It's strange, because they're doing more veto'ing Sky than you ever will. Perhaps that was what made you dislike them.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

This £#%&!ing #@&%! will disagree with anything just to disagree.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:51 PM
beansy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I don't.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:52 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up Re: Manchester United voted 'most hated company in Britain

Quote:
Love Disney

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:53 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Love Disney

Love Disney Hate Walt

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
3rd person. £#%&! off.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I don't love Sky United do though.

You spent an awful amount of time on early FC threads, as you do, conjuring up an argument from no where which clearly indicated you had a problem with them. It's strange, because they're doing more veto'ing Sky than you ever will. Perhaps that was what made you dislike them.
more gibberish. the standard of debate amongst the likes of you, one love and magic cantona has dipped alarmingly tbh.

Unread 29-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Crumps

Quote:

I still think he's a huge contradiction the way he deflects any blame away from United onto Sky when we are the club who has benefited most from.
He's probably going to disagree with you on that point.

Unread 29-03-2011, 04:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Basically, my understanding is similar to Watcher's on this.

Also, Disney was an extreme right-winger - rabidly anti-union, and strongly pro-McCarthy.

Unread 29-03-2011, 04:33 PM
stax

What's the difference between Bing Crosby and Walt Disney?

Bing Sings and Walt Disney

Closed Thread