United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 11-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yep; the way we sit back when we haven’t got the ball is sickening.

The big positive for me though was the team he picked; that demonstrated he hasn’t lost his marbles altogether.

Pogba could be our talisman this year. That was him at 20-30% Match fitness and he was class. Make him club captain ffs!!
Offer him 500k pw to drop Raiola and never deal with the @#%&! again.

Unread 11-08-2018, 02:16 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Offer him 500k pw to drop Raiola and never deal with the @#%&! again.
It must have killed Fergie to see us put 40 mil in that @#%&!’s pocket. In our desperation we’ve sold our soul to the devil.

Unread 11-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Neo

Football

Strange game. Most players clearly not fully fit, but it seems obvious that the makings are there for a potentially very good side, given some of the stand-out individual performances. However, once again, the core issue is the total lack of identity and cohesion in our football, and that stems, as always, from the philosophy of the manager.

We sat back for far too much of the game, and didn't control enough of it at all. Given the superiority of our midfield, which looks promising, we should have pushed far further forward, and supported the front-three, who each looked worryingly isolated for large parts of the game, particularly Alexis and the striker (Rashford/Lukaku).

I can see why Mourinho was so desperate for an experienced centre back; I actually think both Bailly and Lindelof are excellent prospects, but they would both be much better off playing alongside an experienced leader, rather than with each other. Which one of them organises? Which one of them takes the lead? The fact we have very young (Shaw) and very shit (Darmian) full-backs exacerbates the problem. Godin would have been perfect.

Pogba is clearly the man to build the team around. We are lucky to have him - a genuine world-class player, and a character that could develop into a proper leader. I imagine the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and PSG will be eyeing him up already as their number one target for next summer. It's up to the manager now to keep him happy and get the best out of him.

Glad United are back.

Unread 11-08-2018, 04:53 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCSYFEUYA
Black shorts at home.
Have to say, it just looks wrong.

Unread 11-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Pogba is clearly the man to build the team around. We are lucky to have him - a genuine world-class player, and a character that could develop into a proper leader. I imagine the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and PSG will be eyeing him up already as their number one target for next summer. It's up to the manager now to keep him happy and get the best out of him.
Thanks Mino

Unread 11-08-2018, 07:28 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Have to say, it just looks wrong.
The red socks are even worse. Dunno why they have to £#%&! around with these things.

Unread 11-08-2018, 08:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
The red socks are even worse. Dunno why they have to £#%&! around with these things.
Yeah, black shorts and white socks would be at least a bit more like it.

Unread 11-08-2018, 08:12 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It must have killed Fergie to see us put 40 mil in that @#%&!’s pocket. In our desperation we’ve sold our soul to the devil.
One thing the last few months has shown, NOTHING kills that old bastard.

Unread 11-08-2018, 09:08 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
One thing the last few months has shown, NOTHING kills that old bastard.

I’d have him back in the dugout TONIGHT! Nqat.

Unread 11-08-2018, 09:39 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Hope to f*** Pogba stays Captain rather than pass back to Mr. Inspiration Valencia or even worse, Smalling.

Midfield starting to look very promising. Hope Pereira stays. Fred going to be great.

The front three though.Quite remarkable how many attacks broke down because Sanchez can't find a pass. Lukaka should have scored but still huge difference when he came on. If we can get Martial on form and into that attack, we'll be okay.

Anyone still arguing we should have signed Maguire at 70m?

Agree with everything here - Rashers was the worst of that lot.

And no on the last bit

Unread 11-08-2018, 09:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
What a @#%&!.

What’s wrong with “great to start with a goal and a win”?

Tosspot.

Loved his interview about the penalty. Basically "yeah there probably was a designated taker, maybe the manager has said someone, but we decided on the pitch something different"

Bit @#%&!y but we want an arrogant Pogs.

Unread 11-08-2018, 09:57 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red
Very pleased for Luke Shaw who I thought had an overall very good game, same for Pereira. Fred looks promising. Poggers put in one of his best for us. (About time).
Thought we were poor in the first half, improved second.

Atmosphere in the ground was much better than I'd expected.

I saw nothing to make me more optimistic about the season ahead.
It was an important win though.
Basically, this.

Unread 12-08-2018, 07:22 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Just watched the highlights, the kit is a bit shit. It’s just not united. We’ve had worse though. Adidas are £#%&!.

Unread 12-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Kangared

Exactly what I expected, typical Mourinho trench style football. Should have been more comfortable, don’t think I have seen a worse performance from a front 3 than that 1st 60 minutes. Mata did improve slightly but Alexis & Rashford in particular were absolute gash. At least Alexis created some chances , Rashford looked like he would rather be anywhere else.
Midfield very good, Reckless Eric living on the edge & going to give a few pk’s & red cards away but had to protectVictor “running in porridge” Lindelof
Darmian was almost as gash as Rashford.
Decent atmosphere created by singing section. A fair few empty seats round where I was, maybe it’s the climb 😳