United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2018, 07:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The dogshit performance from Sanchez in May was just as costly.
The team who scored first was always virtually certain to win that game. Sanchez can't be blamed for us conceding, at least

Unread 09-08-2018, 08:58 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Remember when Spurs beat us at Wembley and we barely had a shot. It was all because of Jones and Smalling.

United can be much better this season without having signed a single central defender. It would have been nice, but the real improvement needed is elsewhere.
To an extent agree with this, but would prefer a leader at CB in the squad (call me old fashioned).

Personally think United needed to improve significantly at full back, especially if he's sticking with counter attacking football. That and a right sided attacking midfielder/wide player/whatever the £#%&! they're called now. Better balance to the starting XI.

End of the day it's apparent he doesn't really want either Young or Shaw as first choice LB and Valencia's getting on (and not really a defender, also picking up a few knocks now). No idea re Dalot but he'll no doubt make a howler or two early doors and be dropped to the stiffs - if he's lucky.

Oh, we're also £#%&!ed if Lukaku is out for a length of time.

Unread 09-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
The dogshit performance from Sanchez in May was just as costly.
well yeah and Pogba missing an open goal with a header

Unread 09-08-2018, 09:16 PM
General Woundwort

Absolute Moyes of a window. Totally in keeping with the state of the club in general.

Unread 09-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Absolute Moyes of a window. Totally in keeping with the state of the club in general.
Brilliant summary.

Unread 10-08-2018, 12:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The team who scored first was always virtually certain to win that game. Sanchez can't be blamed for us conceding, at least
To what extent is Sanchez, or any other attacking player, accountable for the fact that after going behind in the first half we were "virtually certain" not to score? If that still Jones' fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
To an extent agree with this, but would prefer a leader at CB in the squad (call me old fashioned).

Personally think United needed to improve significantly at full back, especially if he's sticking with counter attacking football. That and a right sided attacking midfielder/wide player/whatever the £#%&! they're called now. Better balance to the starting XI.

End of the day it's apparent he doesn't really want either Young or Shaw as first choice LB and Valencia's getting on (and not really a defender, also picking up a few knocks now). No idea re Dalot but he'll no doubt make a howler or two early doors and be dropped to the stiffs - if he's lucky.

Oh, we're also £#%&!ed if Lukaku is out for a length of time.
Of course. But United had a good defensive record last season, and a Mourinho side will invariably avoid shipping loads of goals because they're built to be solid. I just think a bigger positive change than replacing Jones would be drawing more from Pogba, Sanchez, Martial.

Unread 10-08-2018, 02:46 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Of course. But United had a good defensive record last season, and a Mourinho side will invariably avoid shipping loads of goals because they're built to be solid. I just think a bigger positive change than replacing Jones would be drawing more from Pogba, Sanchez, Martial.
Better defenders allowing more freedom for them to take risks, whilst getting the ball to them faster and more accurately may well have helped with that.

Unread 10-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Tiberian

Just imagine Pogba taking even more risks if he thought the defenders could cover his every impulse, or Sanchez worrying even less about giving the ball away self indulgently.

Disappointing that Utd did not secure the CB that Mou wanted, partly for me because it might force the scapegoating of the defenders to end. Probably just move to the full backs as the reason why the attack is more of the same.

Unread 10-08-2018, 04:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Just imagine Pogba taking even more risks if he thought the defenders could cover his every impulse, or Sanchez worrying even less about giving the ball away self indulgently.

Unread 11-08-2018, 11:32 AM
AK14

Big Dunc has his say

Quote:
Concern is expressed about the age profile of United’s signings under Mourinho, yet at acquisition his 10 first-team recruits were 19, 22, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27 29, 29, and 34 (free agent Zlatan Ibrahimovic on a single-season deal). Perhaps the reason why he still wants a ready-made centre-back is because the two signings the club approved were of unfinished 22-year-olds?

Unread 11-08-2018, 12:23 PM
plopborsky

What I don’t get it’s how in any job you have meetings about what your doing so how do you start looking at targets for months showing older players to the board and then in the last week they come out with a surprise of letting the manager know these are not the type of players the club wants

I am amazed if Jose was not told months ago don’t buy old @#%&!s or we ain’t having it vs 4 weeks ago giving a list of 30 year olds as a surprise

Unread 11-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Sparky***

The @#%&!'s only gone and had a hair transplant

Unread 11-08-2018, 12:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
What I don’t get it’s how in any job you have meetings about what your doing so how do you start looking at targets for months showing older players to the board and then in the last week they come out with a surprise of letting the manager know these are not the type of players the club wants

I am amazed if Jose was not told months ago don’t buy old @#%&!s or we ain’t having it vs 4 weeks ago giving a list of 30 year olds as a surprise
Yep

In my opinion they weren’t going to sign any one, no matter the age or ability. The talk of “We’d sign Varane for £100m..... but he wasn’t available” was just an attempt to save face in what was a poor window for the club

I can understand the Alderweireld decision if they were looking for a player or anything over 40m, because he’s available for 25m in a few months or next summer. But just say it as it is and not some half arsed excuse of we’d have signed player x if he was available..... but he wasn’t, so...

Unread 11-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

The sign of an egomaniac

Unread 11-08-2018, 01:01 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Flew back from Australia on emergency transplant business

Unread 18-12-2018, 11:20 AM
saffers

3 managers under him. Time for him to be binned?

Unread 18-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Not when he's so close to signing up Bin warehouse (complete bin solutions) as proud sponsors of Manchester United.

Unread 18-12-2018, 11:23 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
If you had any faith in the owners, you'd expect them to be asking questions about his judgement, unfortunately i don't have any faith in the owners, or Woodward, or the players, or the now departed Jose..

Unread 18-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
AK will be along soon pal....hang in there

Unread 18-12-2018, 11:30 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
If you had any faith in the owners, you'd expect them to be asking questions about his judgement, unfortunately i don't have any faith in the owners, or Woodward, or the players, or the now departed Jose..
Basically this.

Those saying "we're free" or celebrating. Realise the level of incompetency among the clowns who have £#%&!ed up time after time for 5 years.

What makes you think theyll get it right this time? And if they do get it right, what makes you think theyll give the manager the right support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
AK will be along soon pal....hang in there
Stick to murdering 9 year olds in a battle royal game pal.

"buuuuuunks, do you have a miniiiii".
Closed Thread