United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Nah his distribution is poor. His crossing is inaccurate and his first touch is dodgy. He dives in a lot too. He is a faster version of Bardsley imo.

Nice lad though.
His distribution was pretty £#%&!ing fantastic for Rooneys goal, his cross also set up Cleverly's goal. 2 assists as a fullback's a pretty decent return. Again doesn't mean he will or won't make it with us but he played very well.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
His distribution was pretty £#%&!ing fantastic for Rooneys goal, his cross also set up Cleverly's goal. 2 assists as a fullback's a pretty decent return. Again doesn't mean he will or won't make it with us but he played very well.
His ball for Rooney was a hit and hope.

The cross for Cleverley's goal was too long and Rooney did the hard work redirecting it back for Cleverley to slot home.

Im not adverse to him getting chances to start but I cannot see how he will ever be good enough to play regularly for United's first team. To compare him to a young Gary Neville is £#%&!ing ludicrous.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
His ball for Rooney was a hit and hope.

The cross for Cleverley's goal was too long and Rooney did the hard work redirecting it back for Cleverley to slot home.

Im not adverse to him getting chances to start but I cannot see how he will ever be good enough to play regularly for United's first team. To compare him to a young Gary Neville is £#%&!ing ludicrous.
I haven't compared him to anyone, just saying he played very well on Satdee.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:19 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde

sorry, just cant see it at all. burnley/sheff utd, a mid rate championship team with play off hopes is where he will end up.
He would start for that type of team. I think he'd be a good squad player though, for a lot of Prem teams. If he does go to a Championship side I can see him doing well and moving on to a Prem team.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I haven't compared him to anyone, just saying he played very well on Satdee.
I didn't say you did. Someone else on here referred to Gaz Nev.

I watched it and thought he was okay at best.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I didn't say you did. Someone else on here referred to Gaz Nev.

I watched it and thought he was okay at best.
No sure what more you could askl of a fullback but you're entitled to your opinion.

Anyway, thought Possebon was very quiet.

Unread 28-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He's never going to make it.

Unread 28-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
No sure what more you could askl of a fullback but you're entitled to your opinion.

Anyway, thought Possebon was very quiet.
I know you are wumming now.

Possebon looks the best prospect by a long way. Cathcart has bags of ability too. Those two will make it at United, mark my words.

Also agree with Carrick re Possebon's hair. It's mint.ed.

Unread 28-07-2008, 11:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I know you are wumming now.

Possebon looks the best prospect by a long way. Cathcart has bags of ability too. Those two will make it at United, mark my words.

Also agree with Carrick re Possebon's hair. It's mint.ed.
He was quiet in the game yesterday though that's all I'm saying. Showed good movement but kept it very, very simple. Was impressed with Cathcart, looked strong and to have good pace and poise.

Unread 28-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
He was quiet in the game yesterday though that's all I'm saying. Showed good movement but kept it very, very simple. Was impressed with Cathcart, looked strong and to have good pace and poise.
That is what is so impressive about him. To make the game look easy at his age is incredible. His composure is outstanding.

Unread 28-07-2008, 11:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
That is what is so impressive about him. To make the game look easy at his age is incredible. His composure is outstanding.
I know he's the best prospect at the club currently, Fergie's said he's got first team possibliities this season, I was just assessing his impact on Satdee. I thought he was basically quiet.

Unread 28-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Rhodzy

I agree about his hair, it's great. He's replaced Piques flowing locks.

Unread 28-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Tumescent Throb

so was Possebon quiet on Saturday or on Sunday then

personally I thought his composure and confidence was admirable

as sub yesterday he deferred to Scholes a lot. but Carrick still does that now and he's an established 1st teamer. Possebon's movement and awareness was very good.

the only negative I can see with this lad's emergence so far is that he'll almost certainly force Sam Hewson to look elsewhere, barring a cracking loan season

Unread 28-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so was Possebon quiet on Saturday or on Sunday then

personally I thought his composure and confidence was admirable

as sub yesterday he deferred to Scholes a lot. but Carrick still does that now and he's an established 1st teamer. Possebon's movement and awareness was very good.

the only negative I can see with this lad's emergence so far is that he'll almost certainly force Sam Hewson to look elsewhere, barring a cracking loan season
Yep. Yeah shame about Hewson tbh. I don't think he quite has enough to force his way into our first team. Cleverley seems to have a better touch and is more comfortable in possession. Hewson's energy has always impressed me.

Unread 28-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Yep. Yeah shame about Hewson tbh. I don't think he quite has enough to force his way into our first team. Cleverley seems to have a better touch and is more comfortable in possession. Hewson's energy has always impressed me.
Was impressed with how much Cleverley actually wanted the ball yesterday. He was happy to take the ball off Scholes, rather than just using Scholes as a "get out of jail card", nice simple balls. I like him.

Unread 28-07-2008, 12:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
Was impressed with how much Cleverley actually wanted the ball yesterday. He was happy to take the ball off Scholes, rather than just using Scholes as a "get out of jail card", nice simple balls. I like him.
Good that the commentator went straight in with the "He finished cleverley" comment too wasn't it.

Unread 28-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Manchester

Quote:
Good that the commentator went straight in with the "He finished cleverley" comment too wasn't it.
Too much of an open goal to not make a comment like that though.

No doubt the papers would have a field day too.
Closed Thread