United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:10 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pogba v Sunderland (? or Palace? or maybe Stoke, at OT)
Pogba and Martial v Boro. Forgot that one.

Pogba scored at Palace, but Zlat got the winner. Martial was the only scorer against Stoke, but that was to give us the lead. I'm talking more about other players scoring to get us points on the board when zlatan isn't scoring. There aren't many. Like the way mikhi got the winner against spurs, or Rooney getting the equaliser at Stoke. Blind v Watford. That sort of thing.

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
So many of the supporting cast promise so much but show form in little patches.

We've yet to have Rashford and Martial playing well at the same time. When other players have proved capable of scoring, we've scored well.

Pogba, Rashford, Mata = 4 v Leicester
Martial 2, Zlatan 2 = 4 v West Ham
Mkihi, Zlatan, Mata = 3 v Leicester

I can't recall many lower scoring games where players other than Zlatan have scored the crucial winner/equaliser.

Rashford at Hull, Rooney at Stoke, Mkihi v Spurs, spring to mind, but cant recall many more.

Be nice if someone else stepped up to turn draws into wins and losses into draws.
Martial is the big one for me. I've long felt that our hopes of top four rest on getting more out of him during the last third of the season. He scored 11 league goals last season. Natural progression would be 12-15 this year. If he'd done that we'd have been fine.

Still time for a late burst from him, especially with Zlatan likely out the way for 3-4 games. Maybe more

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Pogba and Martial v Boro. Forgot that one.

Pogba scored at Palace, but Zlat got the winner. Martial was the only scorer against Stoke, but that was to give us the lead. I'm talking more about other players scoring to get us points on the board when zlatan isn't scoring. There aren't many. Like the way mikhi got the winner against spurs, or Rooney getting the equaliser at Stoke. Blind v Watford. That sort of thing.
Who did Pogba get the winner at OT against with a late header? Was that 'boro?

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:30 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Martial is the big one for me. I've long felt that our hopes of top four rest on getting more out of him during the last third of the season. He scored 11 league goals last season. Natural progression would be 12-15 this year. If he'd done that we'd have been fine.

Still time for a late burst from him, especially with Zlatan likely out the way for 3-4 games. Maybe more
Yes. And Rashford. We're not even talking 15-20 goals. 10-15 would comfortably support Zlatan. Mkihi will hit around 10. Mata 10-15 aswell. In all comps too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Who did Pogba get the winner at OT against with a late header? Was that 'boro?
Yes. Boro. Martial and Pogba in the last five mins.

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yes. And Rashford. We're not even talking 15-20 goals. 10-15 would comfortably support Zlatan. Mkihi will hit around 10. Mata 10-15 aswell. In all comps too.

Yes. Boro. Martial and Pogba in the last five mins.
Rashford you can forgive a little given his age and the honest reality that Mourinho hasn't given him game time as a striker.

But Martial off the left is where he's comfortable. Bright yesterday at times, but still needs to do more. Three league goals ffs.

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Rashford you can forgive a little given his age and the honest reality that Mourinho hasn't given him game time as a striker.

But Martial off the left is where he's comfortable. Bright yesterday at times, but still needs to do more. Three league goals ffs.
I can forgive both, in a sense, but could just do with them doing better.

Rashford confidence in front of goal has deserted him at times this season.

As you say though, time to turn it round and a big chance now will zlatan likely banned.

I hope Rashford is given the three games down the middle. I can see it being a switch up between him and rooney though.
Closed Thread