United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2016, 07:39 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I know what you are saying and with a 30 per cent rate you are doing well ours has been less than 20 per cent for years now, but if you didn't get a ticket in the ballot you could always be sure someone would sort you put without having to use touts etc, not any more if this is what they are planning to do...unless you know an exec

it's a further dilution of an away support that has been targeted more and more every year

wonder if they will do the same for execs
Agree mate, I can see both sides of the argument.
For me the big problem is the execs. Lad in front of me at the match gets sorted for every away without fail, only had his season ticket 5 years. Now I know the lad can't help his age, and to be fair he's a decent lad, but when I've had a ST for 30years and had no problems getting my hands on tickets up until the takeover, then obviously somethings not right.
I would seriously consider just doing the ID checks for the execs, because I'd be surprised if more then 50% went outside of the 'glamour' fixtures. But as is the norm it'll be us the great unwashed who get inconvenienced the most.
Also the sponsors and players allocation need a serious looking at.

Unread 30-09-2016, 07:51 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Agree mate, I can see both sides of the argument.
For me the big problem is the execs. Lad in front of me at the match gets sorted for every away without fail, only had his season ticket 5 years. Now I know the lad can't help his age, and to be fair he's a decent lad, but when I've had a ST for 30years and had no problems getting my hands on tickets up until the takeover, then obviously somethings not right.
I would seriously consider just doing the ID checks for the execs, because I'd be surprised if more then 50% went outside of the 'glamour' fixtures. But as is the norm it'll be us the great unwashed who get inconvenienced the most.
Also the sponsors and players allocation need a serious looking at.

Agree 100 per cent about the execs,that's the biggest problem... I have used them lots of times and both execs I got them from hardly ever went to even the bigger away games, that avenue is closed now ....that's not right about the lad getting tickets for aways when 30 year plus season ticket holders are losing out I'm sorry it's just not right on any level even though we have all used exec tickets in the past

there's no way they will clamp down on them though too scared of losing the business and the dollar they get from them

I hear the players now have to fill out a form for away games for tickets (which they aren't happy about, ) and as a result several of them cba surprise surprise.....

I actually wish Chubb was still in charge he always used to sort us for aways on a Friday

Unread 30-09-2016, 07:52 PM
est.1878

£#%&! news

but only surprised is wasn't done years ago

Aside from euros what was game did it a few years ago? Southampton?

Got passed on a chelsea ticket last week but heard this was on the cards so thanfully didn't book train . Small group of mates who apply for every game and pass on amongs selves. 20% not 30% success rate would seem about right recently

Retina scans on the gates within 20 years twici

Unread 30-09-2016, 07:57 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Agree 100 per cent about the execs,that's the biggest problem... I have used them lots of times and both execs I got them from hardly ever went to even the bigger away games, that avenue is closed now ....that's not right about the lad getting tickets for aways when 30 year plus season ticket holders are losing out I'm sorry it's just not right on any level even though we have all used exec tickets in the past

there's no way they will clamp down on them though too scared of losing the business and the dollar they get from them

I hear the players now have to fill out a form for away games for tickets (which they aren't happy about, ) and as a result several of them cba surprise surprise.....

I actually wish Chubb was still in charge he always used to sort us for aways on a Friday
Yep.
There's no quick fix but the sooner the club implements some kind of points system the better. A certain amount of tickets for the yoof and the rest to genuine Red's.
Basically give me Chubbs old gig and I'll sort it all out

Unread 30-09-2016, 07:58 PM
ryanMUFC

It's not all games. Someone from the fans forum has been spouting rubbish

Unread 30-09-2016, 07:58 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Basically give me Chubbs old gig and I'll sort it all out
You always were a little £#%&!ing hitler at school.

Joking. Dont forget your old pal earsy when you get the gig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Why dont you give us the exact details pal

Unread 30-09-2016, 08:05 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
apparently it's 'all games..where possible'

which means you know they will try to enforce it pretty much everywhere if they get their way

UWS been hinting about it for months

Unread 30-09-2016, 08:05 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Why dont you give us the exact details pal
Quote:
It is NOT planned for all to have id checks + picks up for every game.But club think current process too slow so will do all for some games
From Red News.

A few fans forum reps have also reiterated this.

Unread 30-09-2016, 08:06 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Shit in general, but funny that it greatly inconveniences kev.
Uncalled for

Unread 30-09-2016, 08:07 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
apparently it's 'all games..where possible'

which means you know they will try to enforce it pretty much everywhere if they get their way

UWS been hinting about it for months
Of course it will happen eventually but it won't be at every game for everyone this season.

Unread 30-09-2016, 08:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Of course it will happen eventually but it won't be at every game for everyone this season.
agreed not every game but it's definitely more games than they were planning to do.....no way can they do it at Anfield but I bet they try it at Stamford Bridge, they are planning to do it at higher profile games

Unread 30-09-2016, 08:18 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
agreed not every game but it's definitely more games than they were planning to do.....no way can they do it at Anfield but I bet they try it at Stamford Bridge, they are planning to do it at higher profile games
Where its safe there's a good chance they'll do it. I suppose its a good thing that the tickets for the 'glamorous' fixtures are going to the fans and not touts or anyone else. If they're doing it for Fenebahce away then I wouldnt put it past them for Anfield.

Unread 30-09-2016, 08:42 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
You always were a little £#%&!ing hitler at school.

Joking. Dont forget your old pal earsy when you get the gig

l
How long have you had your ST? You'd be at the back of the £#%&!ing queue.

Unread 30-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Where its safe there's a good chance they'll do it. I suppose its a good thing that the tickets for the 'glamorous' fixtures are going to the fans and not touts or anyone else. If they're doing it for Fenebahce away then I wouldnt put it past them for Anfield.
Not necessarily, euro away games they've done for years on and off...

Kiev away they did as I had a letter from the holder...had to go to posh hotel and GMP / united were behind the desk checking ID.

They weren't going to give me mine but as Kiev we're smashing the bars up they probably thought it safer that we were inside....

Unread 30-09-2016, 08:53 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforeric
Totally gutted about this. For years i have gone to away games ticketless and depended on the goodwill of other reds to sort me out with one once I'm there. With the new rules in place it is now unlikely to happen.

RIP United's away support
People have been saying this since literally before youtube existed pal

Unread 30-09-2016, 08:53 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not necessarily, euro away games they've done for years on and off...

Kiev away they did as I had a letter from the holder...had to go to posh hotel and GMP / united were behind the desk checking ID.

They weren't going to give me mine but as Kiev we're smashing the bars up they probably thought it safer that we were inside....
If they have no concerns about fans meeting them at random locations in seedy countries for their ticket then there probably isn't much chance of them worrying about the fans safety at league games in that case.

Unread 30-09-2016, 09:15 PM
lookingforeric

I have it on good word there are only 5 PL grounds where this is feasible. That Tufty @#%&! is chatting shit.

Unread 30-09-2016, 09:34 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforeric
I have it on good word there are only 5 PL grounds where this is feasible. That Tufty c*** is chatting shit.
Not a dig mate, just genuinely interested.
How do you get your tickets for aways and how long have you had your ST?

Unread 30-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Not a dig mate, just genuinely interested.
How do you get your tickets for aways and how long have you had your ST?
Proper snidey Dig that....

Unread 30-09-2016, 09:44 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Proper snidey Dig that....
Genuinely interested. Don't know what you're on about............................................. .....................

Closed Thread