United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2017, 09:22 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Shouldn't have signed Matic, then. He gets a great press, but he's not a guy who builds the play or helps control a match; he's quite erratic in most aspects of his game. Can ping the odd pass but really he's there to bully people, and he tends to do that best when he's playing against utter mugs. United could do with a brain in midfield; very hard to find someone that special though.
No, we should have signed another good midfielder to play alongside him and Poggers

Unread 06-11-2017, 09:25 AM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
So many of our players are like c**kroaches, surviving summer after summer
It's because they have a few "good" or "outstanding" games every now and then against shit opposition which leads to them getting praised. Which then results in them surviving the next summer, and the next, etc.

For example, there were people on here praising Jones and Smalling for the first 7 games of the season during our good run of results. I imagine the same happens in general with most United fans beyond this forum as well.

Now there's nothing wrong with praising average players when they play well, however you shouldn't let it blind you of the fact that they're average most of the time.

Jones, Smalling and Young will always be shitc***s who are not good enough for United.

Unread 06-11-2017, 09:33 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Harsh on Matic I think. It doesn't help when he is carrying Hererra through the game. He is limited (although much more than a bully) and in the best of worlds he should be able to win the ball and feed it quick to someone like Miki (but not Miki). Desperately need the dynamism of Pogba (erratic I know, but will take that over the alternatives).
Herrera does have the excuse of being out of position. For all his endeavour he's not a central midfielder really. He's an (average) no10.

We've needed a brain in midfield for a few years now. You get so much talk of physicality, but Ferguson's best side had Carrick and Scholes in midfield. Fergie didn't address it despite Scholes and Carrick aging. Moyes tried to get Fabregas and obviously then there was the Schweini gamble, but it remains a huge issue. Well, if you want to play more football than just kicking it to Lukaku.

Unread 06-11-2017, 09:41 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
"Fam", "big up", and what's this grunting noise everyone seems to be making now to express displeasure?

Unread 06-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Shouldn't have signed Matic, then. He gets a great press, but he's not a guy who builds the play or helps control a match; he's quite erratic in most aspects of his game. Can ping the odd pass but really he's there to bully people, and he tends to do that best when he's playing against utter mugs. United could do with a brain in midfield; very hard to find someone that special though.
Shouldn’t have signed Bailly either. Shit crosses and zero assists, never mind goals.

Unread 06-11-2017, 10:06 AM
AK14

Quote:
Not sure that's right tbf

He's a very clever player and knows when to calm things down, as he did against Spurs. Obviously he hasn't got the greatest range of passing, but to say he's erratic and he's only there to bully people is underestimating the qualities he does have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Me too. Except Rashford. Martial is infinitely better.

City have conceded 2 goals every time i've watched them play this season. But they usually score 4 up the other end.

It's the fact they can rotate top quality players every week and they all are good enough, young enough and mobile enough to execute Guardiola's extremely intense playing style every week.

Was yesterday not an indicator of why that happens?

You saw what happens yesterday when this United team tries to out-football a top 5 team away from home. It was a horror show.

To quote neville our midfield got 'ambushed' by Chelsea's. They ran all over them.

When your midfielders aren't good enough to play through, that's what you get reduced to.
Was always going to happen

Kante, Fabregas, Bakyoko or Matic, Herrera and Mikki....

Kind of a mismatch that tbh.

Unread 06-11-2017, 11:09 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Shouldn’t have signed Bailly either. Shit crosses and zero assists, never mind goals.
Have you just compared a midfielder's ability to pass the ball and make the play to a defender crossing and scoring?

Not sure if serious tbh #getyourheaddown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Not sure that's right tbf

He's a very clever player and knows when to calm things down, as he did against Spurs. Obviously he hasn't got the greatest range of passing, but to say he's erratic and he's only there to bully people is underestimating the qualities he does have.
Obviously the description was a bit harsh, but I don't agree he's a clever player. I think he's erratic in every department, which clever players aren't. The way we came out second half with the seeming tactic of just fouling didn't convey genius in many of them tbf.

Unread 06-11-2017, 11:11 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Shouldn't have signed Matic.....hes been our best player this season you £#%&!ing #@&%!

Unread 06-11-2017, 11:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by f*** KFC
Shouldn't have signed Matic.....hes been our best player this season you f***ing #@&%!
You're a middle aged keyboard warrior. Have a word. And get your head down imo.

Unread 06-11-2017, 11:22 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Have you just compared a midfielder's ability to pass the ball and make the play to a defender crossing and scoring?

Obviously the description was a bit harsh, but I don't agree he's a clever player. I think he's erratic in every department, which clever players aren't. The way we came out second half with the seeming tactic of just fouling didn't convey genius in many of them tbf.
Matic erratic? He's the complete opposite. Erratic is Hererra running around like he is being chased by hornets. Or, more literally, Pogba deciding to do a fancy pirouette when surrounded by three players, then later producing a defence splitting pass. Or Bailly in general.

Matic is dependable. Gives us much needed calm. The only time I have any confidence in our team atm is when Matic is on the ball.

Think you maybe need to take an hour off

Unread 06-11-2017, 11:24 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Matic erratic? He's the complete opposite. Erratic is Hererra running around like he is being chased by hornets. Or, more literally, Pogba deciding to do a fancy pirouette when surrounded by three players, then later producing a defence splitting pass. Or Bailly in general.

Matic is dependable. Gives us much needed calm. The only time I have any confidence in our team atm is when Matic is on the ball.

This, anybody who thinks he's anything but a revelation is a piece of idiot

Unread 06-11-2017, 11:31 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Grow up you tit.

You would rather United lose if losing supports your argument. Made up with the result.

Unread 06-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Coracao

Probably the least erratic player in our team

Unread 06-11-2017, 11:33 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Don't make me reach for stats on a Monday morning.

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Red Santos

£#%&!ed up badly against Huddersfield away

Complacent as £#%&!. No excuses

Should've parked the bus and got draw at Stamford Bridge.

At least Old Trafford is becoming a fortress. Thats a major positive.
Last season Ibra and company wasted chances cost us.

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:21 PM
AK14

Quote:

The last 10 minutes of the first half we allowed hazard and fabregas so much time and space it was criminal. Mourinho probably told the midfield to get closer and not allow them the space..... trouble is when shit for brains like Herrera start running around like headless chickens needlessly fouling hazard on the half way line with his back to goal you know you're in trouble...

Matic is a clever player in comparison and I'd say is anything but erratic.

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
The last 10 minutes of the first half we allowed hazard and fabregas so much time and space it was criminal. Mourinho probably told the midfield to get closer and not allow them the space..... trouble is when shit for brains like Herrera start running around like headless chickens needlessly fouling hazard on the half way line with his back to goal you know you're in trouble...

Matic is a clever player in comparison and I'd say is anything but erratic.
Herrera is just clueless. Barely qualifies as erratic tbh. I expect him to be a mess.

Stats: Note that yesterday Herrera made more tackles than Matic, more blocks, had a higher pass percentage and fewer of what is known as unsafe touches. Mr Dependable wasn't doing much of that stuff that makes him dependable. Perhaps why Chelsea got rid..

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Herrera is just clueless. Barely qualifies as erratic tbh. I expect him to be a mess.

Stats: Note that yesterday Herrera made more tackles than Matic, more blocks, had a higher pass percentage and fewer of what is known as unsafe touches. Mr Dependable wasn't doing much of that stuff that makes him dependable. Perhaps why Chelsea got rid..
Truth £#%&!ing nuke

Matic has been alright against the shit teams, been rather average against anyone outside the bottom 6 if we're completely honest.

Could be that he too struggles without Pogba, could be that actually he's just a one dimensional type of player which is why Chelsea were happy to move him on and replace him with younger, more dynamic players..

Herrera is just a bit toss, unfortunately want to like him, but he's just £#%&!ing annoying when he actually plays football.

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:41 PM
AK14

Quote:

Stats

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:44 PM
Buck

Quote:
Stats
Good news is that squawka shite is closing down. Instead of posting a screenshot of a few selected stats now people have to go back to watching games to judge a player.
Closed Thread