United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:12 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Angry MOTD comparison between EBJTs straight red and Vidic's first yellow

Did anyone else seethe with an incandescent rage when, with totally straight faces the MOTD crew claimed that the first yellow that Nemanja got was the same thing as John Terry’s David Campesesque tackle? They didn’t mention that the 4th official told touchline reporters that the straight red was for serious foul play and not for him being the last man they just went on with themselves as though some national tragedy had happened.

On the plus side I watched most of that game and it was the first time I noticed that 19million pound super striker Jo was on the pitch.

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:14 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Did anyone else seethe with an incandescent rage
nope, wanna know why?

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:14 AM
wiganste

I'm still not convinced Vidic got anything on Keane. It looked as though Keane went down before Vidic got to him. Maybe it's my red tinted specs.......

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Gruber

Apart from Fred I have had a complete blackout from tv, media etc.. since Saturday afternoon. It will be lifted prior to Kick Off against Villareal.

Have the dippers had their trophy presentation yet?

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:17 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
nope, wanna know why?
Were you stoned?

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Whalefish

Vidic on Saturday was as dumb as he looks. He's been pretty £#%&!ing shit all season too. If he had turned round on Saturday and there was a large brown shit stain on the back of his shorts I wouldn't have been surprised. Played like someone who was scared to death.

The second yellow, could have been a straight red fwiw, and with the time remaining was a needless and pretty stupid thing to do.

Yes I did get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:19 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I'm still not convinced Vidic got anything on Keane. It looked as though Keane went down before Vidic got to him. Maybe it's my red tinted specs.......
im with you, contact looked minimal, the £#%&!ing @#%&! has previous too

anyway, £#%&! them, let them gloat for a few days before getting @#%&!ted by marseille or whoever the £#%&! are lining them up in the champions league

scouse @#%&!s

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:19 AM
waynes ear's

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Were you stoned?
no no, nothing as drastic.

the real reason is quite simple, i didnt watch MOTD

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:24 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
no no, nothing as drastic.

the real reason is quite simple, i didnt watch MOTD
Damn, that was going to be my second guess. No sorry my third after you were too tired after doing the silly amounts of overtime that everyone seems to be getting pressured to do.

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

The second yellow, could have been a straight red fwiw, and with the time remaining was a needless and pretty stupid thing to do.

I didn't think that was even a foul, he couldve gone for he first though.

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Pop

Quote:
im with you, contact looked minimal, the £#%&!ing @#%&! has previous too

anyway, £#%&! them, let them gloat for a few days before getting @#%&!ted by marseille or whoever the £#%&! are lining them up in the champions league

scouse @#%&!s
I'd put money on them dropping points to Stoke next week.

I think its a given they'll lose their first three Champions League games before scraping through by the skin of their teeth in the final of the group matches.

And then get to the final

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:51 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
Apart from Fred I have had a complete blackout from tv, media etc.. since Saturday afternoon. It will be lifted prior to Kick Off against Villareal.

Have the dippers had their trophy presentation yet?
snap - the papers didn't have sports sections yesterday..

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

How could you bring yourself to watch MOTD after that disaster. I could barely even read the front of the Times Sports suppliment and I wish I didn't.

It's going to be worse today though in work.

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:54 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
snap - the papers didn't have sports sections yesterday..
There was no newspapers yesterday. And today. And maybe tomorrow.

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I didn't think that was even a foul, he couldve gone for he first though.
Led with his elbow I thought, dangerous play.

Unread 15-09-2008, 08:58 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
There was no newspapers yesterday. And today. And maybe tomorrow.
i trust Caz gets a good hiding if she even looks at you in the wrong tone of voice

Unread 15-09-2008, 09:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Led with his elbow I thought, dangerous play.
I honestly thought he went for the ball, didn't think there was any intent, thought it should've just been play on.

Unread 15-09-2008, 09:06 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I honestly thought he went for the ball, didn't think there was any intent, thought it should've just been play on.
i thought he just attacked the ball - don't think the arm was up as such - but obviously you do use it for leverage when jumping

Unread 15-09-2008, 09:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
i thought he just attacked the ball - don't think the arm was up as such - but obviously you do use it for leverage when jumping
that's what I thought, he could easily have gone for the first challenge though.

Unread 15-09-2008, 09:14 AM
puressence

vidic to me has started very sluggish this season imho .. and going by facial expressions doesnt look entirely happy
Closed Thread