United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Coracao

Default Re: Being honest is 35 million justifiable for the potential of a player

Carroll is a nuisance.

A major threat in the air.

Lacks pace.

Has a mediocre first touch.

Below average in his approach play (taking away his heading).

£35m is borderline acceptable for a prospect. If that prospect has the potential to go on to become a World Class player and be a key player in pushing for major honours. Carroll ain't never gonna be that imo. He's a fairly limited footballer. The kind who will do well for a top 10 side, but will probably fall short when it comes to being a key player in a side who are looking to win the league.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:28 PM
dunk

Default Re: Being honest is 35 million justifiable for the potential of a player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
He has scored some cracking goals with his feet tbf.

Look I £#%&!ing hate the wall pushing £#%&!s as much as the next red but carroll is a good signing, irrespective of the price.
Bebe scored one of the best goals I've seen this season with his right foot. Still can't trap a bag of cement or pass a ball 10 yards. Obertan got an absolute belter in the CL too.

He may be a good signing, he's not as good as is being made out though.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up Re: Being honest is 35 million justifiable for the potential of a player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Carroll is a nuisance.

A major threat in the air.

Lacks pace.

Has a mediocre first touch.

Below average in his approach play (taking away his heading).

£35m is borderline acceptable for a prospect. If that prospect has the potential to go on to become a World Class player and be a key player in pushing for major honours. Carroll ain't never gonna be that imo. He's a fairly limited footballer. The kind who will do well for a top 10 side, but will probably fall short when it comes to being a key player in a side who are looking to win the league.
Spot on.

The Rooney comparison.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:32 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
In the sense he'll look good in comparison?
Just think they might make a decent pairing, Carroll winning it in the air and providing physical presence and Suarez plying off him.

I prefer our forwards tbh but I think the dippers have done as well as they could in the circumstances imo.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Bunker Buster

The Hair
The build
The mongy face
The voice
The 'threat'
The England Caps
The Holding up of Play

He has Aston Villa written all over him.

White Heskey.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Zorg

I really haven't seen him play that much, but he looks like a player who's always described as 'a handful'. Good, even very good sometimes, but never going to be in the top bracket.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:47 PM
borsuk

coracao is spot on imo

it's a sign of the dippers' owners' desperation that they are willing to splash this kind of money on a player who has five average games for every outstanding one. more a case of comolli justifying his existence than a buy they actually needed, especially with suarez already on his way.

i still hold to the opinion that it's not strikers and midfielders they need: as long as they've got a defence with shite like johnson, an aging carraaaa, that slovak with the vowel problem and kelly (a centre half masquerading as a full back imo) then they're going nowhere. and long may it continue.

Unread 03-02-2011, 02:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
coracao is spot on imo

it's a sign of the dippers' owners' desperation that they are willing to splash this kind of money on a player who has five average games for every outstanding one. more a case of comolli justifying his existence than a buy they actually needed, especially with suarez already on his way.

i still hold to the opinion that it's not strikers and midfielders they need: as long as they've got a defence with shite like johnson, an aging carraaaa, that slovak with the vowel problem and kelly (a centre half masquerading as a full back imo) then they're going nowhere. and long may it continue.
That's true, they had to splash out on strikers after Torres left though, had no choice, just to keep their support and the midia from slaughtering them. their young RB looks decent.

Unread 03-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
That's true, they had to splash out on strikers after Torres left though, had no choice, just to keep their support and the midia from slaughtering them. their young RB looks decent.
Their best player against us in the facup I thought

Unread 03-02-2011, 02:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Yup.

Unread 03-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

The revolution has begun in earnest. Carroll/Suarez will make Berbatov/Rooney look very ordinary.

Unread 03-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

One good striker and they are heads and shoulders above the scumofthefilth.

Unread 03-02-2011, 02:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
One good striker and they are heads and shoulders above the scumofthefilth.
Same shite defence tbh. Oh and a manager who thinks they need a fatter slower midfielder than Hudd.

Unread 03-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Ah they can both stick it up their jumpers tbh.

Unread 03-02-2011, 02:25 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Ah they can both stick it up their jumpers tbh.
Yup.

Unread 03-02-2011, 02:31 PM
andyroo

Mike Ashley's "leisure wear" business has been flogging over-priced shit to scousers for years, why stop now

Unread 03-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I was a bit bemused by the praise he got after that game. I thought Giggs gave him the roundaround and was motm.

Not seen the lad since though. I don't like inflicting punishment on myself

Unread 03-02-2011, 03:00 PM
FannyBanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Mike Ashley's "leisure wear" business has been flogging over-priced shit to scousers for years, why stop now
who'd you nick that from?

Unread 03-02-2011, 03:01 PM
andyroo

A Mackem mate texted it to me the other night.

Unread 03-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Carroll's probably worth half what they've had to pay if you compare him with say darren bent's transfer.

on the other hand, if dog unearths the new steve heighway carroll could score shit loads and the price tag will become standard
Closed Thread