United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-02-2011, 12:33 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Default Being honest is 35 million justifiable for the potential of a player

A young English striker who scores 24 goals in his first season for his club playing no small part in getting them up in to the Premier league.

He takes his goal scoring form straight in to the premiership with him and has scored 14 goals by January terrorising defences with his physical presence and this remarkable form leads to an England call up and first cap in an international friendly where he comes on as a substitute and impresses.

Then comes the transfer window. Do you reckon this lad is really worth 35 million pounds in this day and age?

Spoiler:
click to showhide
I don't, he's Michael Ricketts.

click to showhide

Unread 03-02-2011, 12:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Being honest is 35 million justifiable for the potential of a player

Great nrews by the way :-

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...716282,00.html

Obertan happy at United
Winger not planning to leave United

By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me on Twitter @skysportspeteo Last updated: 1st February 2011 Subscribe to RSS Feed
Obertan happy at United

Obertan: No transfer request

Gabriel Obertan's agent has rejected reports that the player has handed in a transfer request at Manchester United.

Reports emerged on Tuesday that French winger Obertan had handed in a written transfer request because he doubted he could make the grade at Old Trafford.

The 21-year-old has struggled to make an impact at United since arriving from Bordeaux in the summer of 2009.

The France Under 21 international has made just 14 appearances for United this season and he started last weekend's FA Cup clash at Southampton.

Obertan's representative, Karim Djaziri, insists the Frenchman has not handed in a transfer request and is happy to stay at Old Trafford.

"I have read that Gabriel has handed in a transfer request, but no he has not done this," Djaziri told skysports.com.

"He is very happy at Manchester United and he doesn't want to leave.

"He is still learning and he knows he is not ready to be a regular starter in the team, but he is working hard to be a member of the first team."

Unread 03-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Default Re: Being honest is 35 million justifiable for the potential of a player

Loob

Unread 03-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
A young English striker who scores 24 goals in his first season for his club playing no small part in getting them up in to the Premier league.

He takes his goal scoring form straight in to the premiership with him and has scored 14 goals by January terrorising defences with his physical presence and this remarkable form leads to an England call up and first cap in an international friendly where he comes on as a substitute and impresses.

Then comes the transfer window. Do you reckon this lad is really worth 35 million pounds in this day and age?

Spoiler:
click to showhide
I don't, he's Michael Ricketts.

click to showhide

Unread 03-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

carroll is a good player. he will prove that, unfortunately.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
carroll is a good player. he will prove that, unfortunately.
He's a lump.

I watched him at Derby for Newcastle last season, Derby won 3-0 and he was useless, took him 3-4 touches to get anything under control. Less than 12 months ago.

He will be a handful, as per Ferguson, Dublin, Crouch and so on, but he won't be much more.

I heard the other day that somebody tried to buy him at the start of last season and offered £1m, Newcastle said they could have him for £1.5m, the buying club didn't want to spend that much.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Ethers

How many Premier League goals had Rooney scored when we signed him?

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
He had a few for England IIRC, and was only just 18.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:06 PM
Coracao

Quote:
ffs

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
You're on amazing form today eh.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Ethers

Just to answer my own question, it appears Rooney never even reached double figures in either season at Everton.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He's a lump.

I watched him at Derby for Newcastle last season, Derby won 3-0 and he was useless, took him 3-4 touches to get anything under control. Less than 12 months ago.

He will be a handful, as per Ferguson, Dublin, Crouch and so on, but he won't be much more.

I heard the other day that somebody tried to buy him at the start of last season and offered £1m, Newcastle said they could have him for £1.5m, the buying club didn't want to spend that much.
He certainly isn't a lump.

35m is a lot to pay but who cares. If he turns out to be a good player it makes no difference to them.

There will be a lot of pressure on him, which might prove to be his only stumbling block in terms of making the move successful, but the talent is there.

Just because he plays for the vermin you are allowed to say what you really think everyone!

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Just to answer my own question, it appears Rooney never even reached double figures in either season at Everton.
yeah but we are talking about liverpool here pal so you can never admit if anyone has even the slightest bit of talent

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:18 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Well its nice to hear that someone takes you seriously.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Coracao

Quote:
:shakehead:

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
He certainly isn't a lump.

35m is a lot to pay but who cares. If he turns out to be a good player it makes no difference to them.

There will be a lot of pressure on him, which might prove to be his only stumbling block in terms of making the move successful, but the talent is there.

Just because he plays for the vermin you are allowed to say what you really think everyone!
I've been saying all season he's a handful, which he is, physically no defender will enjoy playing against him, in that respect he's a constant threat. Actually playing football, we shall see. Newcastle used him primarily as a target man, everything directed at him and his head, he will be required to actually play football at Liverpool, in theory.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
:shakehead:
It really does beggar belief.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I've been saying all season he's a handful, which he is, physically no defender will enjoy playing against him, in that respect he's a constant threat. Actually playing football, we shall see. Newcastle used him primarily as a target man, everything directed at him and his head, he will be required to actually play football at Liverpool, in theory.
Suarez will probbly enjoy playing with him, not in a seedy sense that that sentence see,ed to suggest.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
He has scored some cracking goals with his feet tbf.

Look I £#%&!ing hate the wall pushing £#%&!s as much as the next red but carroll is a good signing, irrespective of the price.

Unread 03-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Suarez will probbly enjoy playing with him, not in a seedy sense that that sentence see,ed to suggest.
In the sense he'll look good in comparison?
Closed Thread