Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Mourinho?
Yes please 49 66.22%
No thanks 25 33.78%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2010, 12:48 AM
TravellingRed

Default Re: When Fergie retires would you like to see Mourinho suceed him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Completely understand what you're saying, but I still think Moyes is a level below what we'd need to replace Fergie.
Shame because I'd want a British manager ideally. Big Sam??
You think Moyes isn't up to it but Sam is? I'd rather have Moyes out of the 2 tbh if I had to pick.

Unread 19-03-2010, 12:52 AM
taff

i quite like mourinho; he's usually good value for money in the inevitable media sideshow that follows him around. but he's not a united manager. fair enough, he's got the self-assurance and character to take the job on, but i think his way of operating would be out of place at OT. the reasons are as others have mentioned: namely style and development; two cornerstones of united that mourinho seems disinclined towards.

i think he likes the idea of managing a team like united rather than the idea of managing united specifically. he'd like the cachet and the coverage it would bring him, but i'm not sure he has any particular affection for us. he's made overtures towards liverpool and real in the past, and it seems his main interest is self-interest via the cultivation of his own myth. i could see internal frictions if he came in wanting to shake united up and remake them in his own image. better to have someone with a greater awareness of the heritage and traditions that united have emerged from, because i think mourinho - whatever his pretensions - is too far removed from them.

that said, i'm not convinced by the homegrown contenders. i think the likes of o'neill and moyes have perhaps found their level, and are missing the sense of ambition and scale to translate their achievements to somewhere like united, which would be a massive undertaking for any manager. i think the one to watch at this moment in time is laurent blanc: he's spent time at united, has respect for ferguson, had a distinguished playing career, is currently learning his trade within the broader scope of european football, and has already revitalised a flagging bordeaux side. plus the distance between now and ferguson's retirement should be perfect time period for him to develop and refine his credentials - if indeed they are forthcoming.

and that's

Unread 19-03-2010, 02:27 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Wtf?!
very impressive manager imo, did wonders at burnley, now doing a good job at bolton. nowhere near the level we need but in five years who knows?

Unread 19-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Sparky***

You honestly think the gimps in charge will give the slightest £#%&! about our style or heritage.

They'll appoint someone to keep the (vital) stream of trophies and success coming in to keep the debt under control.

Unread 19-03-2010, 02:34 AM
£#%&! KFC

Ole......end of

Unread 19-03-2010, 03:42 AM
les vagas

not the perfect replacement long term,but will be good for the squad of now,he's defo a loose cannon and could cause us damage if he came back to the premier league, so i would take him on and wait to see if theres any manager showing the vision of sir matt and saf coming along in the future

Unread 19-03-2010, 04:02 AM
SNAFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Exactly, and I think that trait would make him an ideal member of the United family. I also think he has enough sense, and respect, to spend some time working WITH Ferguson before the great Glaswegian retires for good.
personally, i don't think his ego will allow him to do so.

Unread 19-03-2010, 04:30 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Slippery slope, you might say it's something special but the next step is people talking about them having the X-Factor. The last thing we need is open auditions for the managers job with Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan acting like the @#%&!s they are. Having said that, I'd like to see Harry Redknapp trying to get his dog to sing.
had to cover my mouth there at me desk
Closed Thread