Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Mourinho?
Yes please 49 66.22%
No thanks 25 33.78%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2010, 07:01 PM
dodger

Default Re: When Fergie retires would you like to see Mourinho suceed him?

Am I imagining this or has the Jose giddiness increased since he won two matches in the last couple of weeks?

Unread 18-03-2010, 07:01 PM
koppas

Martin O Neill - I can think of nothing worse.

Unread 18-03-2010, 08:00 PM
borsuk

look at the people voting 'yes'

Baron_van_Marlon, BarryX, Bobda, Bral, BryanRobson'sLiver, carlosartorial, Dezzie, El Chalten, fatherflange, Ginners, Gizza, helmet, Kent Brockman, Lok, Mark Corrigan, naes_sean, partyboy, rafabio, Redordead, RedRage, ReligiousRed, ScarFace, silv, soup_nazi, Sparky***, Stakker, Street Magician, Stubbsy, Sullingtons, TaylorMUFC, THEOS, Spiffy

looks like red @rmy forgot to turn them off. they're out of control

Unread 18-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Spiffy

In a perfect world, when SAF retires we'd get some young up and coming manager who likes to play attacking football and we'd stand by him while he sorts things out like we did SAF. But in the world we live in, we're deeply in debt. What would happen if we finished outside the top 4 a couple of seasons in a row? We'd be spiralling out of control, selling players to pay the interest on the debt.

The only thing that matters when replacing SAF is that we get someone who can keep us in the mix right from the off. Jose's the man for that. I don't think we can risk say Moyes who whilst being OK hasn't really done the biz at Everton.

Unread 18-03-2010, 10:54 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
In a perfect world, when SAF retires we'd get some young up and coming manager who likes to play attacking football and we'd stand by him while he sorts things out like we did SAF. But in the world we live in, we're deeply in debt. What would happen if we finished outside the top 4 a couple of seasons in a row? We'd be spiralling out of control, selling players to pay the interest on the debt.

The only thing that matters when replacing SAF is that we get someone who can keep us in the mix right from the off. Jose's the man for that. I don't think we can risk say Moyes who whilst being OK hasn't really done the biz at Everton.
sad but true.

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:08 PM
redhegemony

I really don't buy this tactical brilliance against Chels, they set out to waste time from the off, fell over and fell over again.

He's the Saatchi and Saatchi of football managers.

I'd like someone who plays football the right way.

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:15 PM
jem

mourinho's teams cheat and play without style. that does not fit our tradition. also, he is a bit of a @#%&!.

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:19 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
mourinho's teams cheat and play without style. that does not fit our tradition. also, he is a bit of a @#%&!.
Correctomundo Pierpont

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman

It should be him in about 3 or 4 years, by which time he'll be over 40 which is a good age to be coming in.

I love how people are using the no one else is qualified enough to take the job other than that Portuguese gobshite as a reason. Will someone tell me what these men had won before they took over the clubs that made them famous, Busby, Paisley, Michels, Capello, Guardiola & Trappattoni.
That's all well and good and if we had no debt we could afford to take a risk but with the debt, we can't. As I said, if we don't finish in the top 4 we're £#%&!ed. Maybe we'll miss out on the next SAF by playing it safe but the consequences of getting the appointment wrong would be devastating for United.

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:39 PM
thankseric

I'd be fine with Mourinho. Yeah he's arrogant, so what? He's won everything, could cope with the size of the challenge.

I really don't see many alternatives. Maybe Capello?

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:40 PM
Sandman

Quote:
That's all well and good and if we had no debt we could afford to take a risk but with the debt, we can't. As I said, if we don't finish in the top 4 we're £#%&!ed. Maybe we'll miss out on the next SAF by playing it safe but the consequences of getting the appointment wrong would be devastating for United.
If we have no money to spend then surely it would make more sense bringing in the man who had been working with and knows the strengths and weaknesses of the young players at the club

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:46 PM
BarryX

I wonder if the Glazer's would put their greasy red necks on the line and outbid the likes of Real/City for his services...

It looks like he is currently earning over 50% MORE than Fergie. Therein lies the problem - even if they did want him, would they actually pay top top dollar for him. They will ask Fergie his opinion of course - surely he wouldn't be too happy to rubber stamp such a deal.

http://www.southasiablog.com/2009/09...l-coaches.html

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:51 PM
marlo

moyes ffs

Unread 19-03-2010, 12:08 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
moyes ffs
Have to agree.

I like Moyes a lot. I think he's done a great job with Everton & he's got a great attitude.
But I think that's his level. He doesn't strike me as having that certain 'something special' to manage United.

Unread 19-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
moyes ffs

The man would be out of his depth.

Unread 19-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Have to agree.

I like Moyes a lot. I think he's done a great job with Everton & he's got a great attitude.
But I think that's his level. He doesn't strike me as having that certain 'something special' to manage United.
Slippery slope, you might say it's something special but the next step is people talking about them having the X-Factor. The last thing we need is open auditions for the managers job with Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan acting like the @#%&!s they are. Having said that, I'd like to see Harry Redknapp trying to get his dog to sing.

Unread 19-03-2010, 12:13 AM
marlo

Quote:
Have to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

The man would be out of his depth.
the biggest club in the world being managed by david moyes.

Unread 19-03-2010, 12:15 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Slippery slope, you might say it's something special but the next step is people talking about them having the X-Factor. The last thing we need is open auditions for the managers job with Simon Cowell and Piers Morgan acting like the @#%&!s they are. Having said that, I'd like to see Harry Redknapp trying to get his dog to sing.
Completely understand what you're saying, but I still think Moyes is a level below what we'd need to replace Fergie.
Shame because I'd want a British manager ideally. Big Sam??

Unread 19-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
No but he's the only realistic choice, unless Laurent Blanc can prove himself at a higher level.

Moyes and O'Neill can £#%&! off.
Definitely.

Unread 19-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Completely understand what you're saying, but I still think Moyes is a level below what we'd need to replace Fergie.
Shame because I'd want a British manager ideally. Big Sam??
I'd rather close down the club than have big am anywhere near it.

When the time comes, if we announced that SAF has signed a 5 year deal as Director of Football and will oversee Solskjaer (Manager) and Darren Ferguson (2nd in charge) then that would ease people's concerns.

We're all shitting being without SAF and any new manager will have SAF's reign as a millstone round their neck. If we had a nice long apprenticeship with SAF still there, it would probably be the least traumatic transition.

Obv SAF can stay as long as he wants, I'm not suggesting it would be better for us if he went now, we just need to make sure he can oversee the new manager for a while. As long as SAF wants to work, I'd have him. I just think we need to start thinking what we will do when it does eventually happen.
Closed Thread