United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

we are about 43 days away from administration.

vidic is going to chelsea for 55m in january
i doubt it with there ban and everything

Unread 03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane

Unread 03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
In 76 now this is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
£6million net spend since they took over.

Nothing to do with the debt of course

Joel's £4m gift to himself for hitting the Ronaldo jackpot.

Nice to see the money ploughed back into something we can all appreciate and enjoy

http://www.sportshometribune.com/ima...azer-Tampa.jpg
If you read the actual article, you would see he bought that house 2 and a half years before ronaldo was sold!

Unread 03-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

we are about 43 days away from administration.

vidic is going to chelsea for 55m in january

Unread 03-09-2009, 05:27 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
woooosh

Unread 03-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
If you read the actual article, you would see he bought that house 2 and a half years before ronaldo was sold!
So we agreed to sell Ronaldo to that mob 2 and a half years ago???

The £#%&!ing @#%&!s!!!!!

Unread 03-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Surely though, with United already teetering on the edge, the world economic crisis should've sent them into the abyss?
Not sure of your point.

He asked why people aren't really that bothered about getting rid of them and I gave my answer as to why I think it hasn't happened yet.

Unread 03-09-2009, 05:43 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
I think you're getting confused with his second palace in Palm Beach that he aquired 2 and a half years ago-paid for by the ACS

This [his 3rd gaff]was bought april 2008.around the same time that everything was being agreed with the Iberian fascists to move Ronnie on a year later.

Unread 03-09-2009, 05:53 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Not sure of your point.

He asked why people aren't really that bothered about getting rid of them and I gave my answer as to why I think it hasn't happened yet.
You said things haven't got shit enough which is a fair point. However we were told before the sale that it was doomed. Now given that the sale relied on dodgy loans and the world economy just collapsed because of dodgy loans, how is it things haven't got shit? We didn't even need a bailout.

Unread 03-09-2009, 05:56 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
what's fergie supposed to do, just sign players for the sake of it?
It wouldn't be for the sake of it though, would it?

United don't have enough strength in midfield and clearly lack 'something' since Ronaldo has gone, and there were plenty of players we could have signed but we didn't.

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:01 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
You said things haven't got shit enough which is a fair point. However we were told before the sale that it was doomed. Now given that the sale relied on dodgy loans and the world economy just collapsed because of dodgy loans, how is it things haven't got shit? We didn't even need a bailout.
50% rise in ticket prices

£1.5million net spend per season since they took over

Renegotiated the debt on the debt and still sinking in it despite record profits

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It wouldn't be for the sake of it though, would it?

United don't have enough strength in midfield and clearly lack 'something' since Ronaldo has gone, and there were plenty of players we could have signed but we didn't.
Which players? Just asking 'cos I can only really think of Silva and maybe Fergie just didn't fancy him at the price much as i'd have loved him?

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Which players? Just asking 'cos I can only really think of Silva and maybe Fergie just didn't fancy him at the price much as i'd have loved him?
Ignore him, his bottom lip is still out.

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:08 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Ignore him, his bottom lip is still out.
i'm not havinga pop it was a genuine question, he's alright is One Lovers.

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:11 PM
armchair

Quote:

Renegotiated the debt on the debt and still sinking in it despite record profits
I'd agree for the most part but you had to put in "sinking in it." I actually think the debt is almost irrelevant as United, if the Glazer's went, wouldn't die it would simply become the play thing of someone super-rich.

OT was never going to be turned into a carpark.

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Withers

Quote:
Some of the loans were refinanced sometime in 2006 before the world economy collapsed due to dodgy loans as you put it.

They then tried to refinance the whole lot again in 2007 but were unable to do so and gave up.

Since then they have been able to repay the debts they are asked to repay. Luckily for them them but unluckily for United in the long term, in my opinion, they are not being asked to make all their interest payments but are allowed to let some of their interest roll up against the value of the club.

Think about it like a really big equity release mortgage.

Unless something drastic changes, such as a break up of TV rights or an opportunity to refinance, before 2013 then the problems will really start because they will no longer be able to roll up their interest but will have to pay it back.

The present profit levels would have no chance of doing so.

Four years ago they promised £25 million a year plus £25 million for a one off special purchase. Thats £125 million, we have spent £6 million.

Now we've done ok on that £6 million, but thats despite the Glazers not because of them.

Not sure I would be confident of Ferguson managing to be just as successful over the next 4 years with £6 million to spend if he gets asked to do so though.

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
i'm not havinga pop it was a genuine question, he's alright is One Lovers.
He is, top poster. But some of his whining about our transfer business has bordered on the ridiculous.

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:22 PM
marlo

"2 years ago promises was all I heard, wait a minute, let me finish"

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:24 PM
In 76 now this is true

When it comes to the Glazers, they dont just make funds from Utd, they have other business interests. You do wonder what exactly pays for what, with recent business interests sold by them.
Utd was valued at over £1.1 billion today, yet its only worthwhile having that value if either your going to refinance or you have a buyer willing to but at that price. The actual selling price should they ever sell will probably be a lot lower. They have maximised revenue streams since they took over, its just a pity the PLC werent as good at doing that, as the Glazers would never have been abel to come in and takeover.

The effect of transfer spending and what we have to spend from the Ronaldo sale wont be seen till the end of the window next August.
Fergie probably feels he has enough to get hrough this season, what with Lljic coming over in Jan. The key part comes when having to replace Scholes, Giggs and even VDS if Foster doesnt prove his worth, with another forward needed. We can all debate all day long on who we would bring in, but in reality there is not an outstanding player who we could go out and get.
Look at the world transfer market and taking Madrid and City out of it, its been quieter than its ever been, even Milan who received a lot for Kaka havent spent massively.

Unread 03-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

staggering isn't it?

the money we must have made over the last 3 seasons must be the most in the club's history - yet it all seems to get swallowed up in the black hole of debt.

The day we don't qualify for the champions league every single season, we are £#%&!ed.
Closed Thread