United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:20 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Default North East Clubs "We'll sue United"

Quote:
MANCHESTER UNITED were last night sensationally warned: Play a weakened side against Hull and we’ll sue you.

Relegation-haunted Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Sunderland fear Alex Ferguson will rest his stars against Hull on Sunday ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League final against Barcelona.

If Hull win they will stay up — and send two of the three North East clubs down, costing them £30million apiece in lost revenue.

Paragraph E20 of Premier League rules states: “In every league match each participating club should field a full strength team.”

No club has ever been cited for breaching the rule. But officials from Newcastle, Boro and Sunderland have discussed taking action if United send out a shadow side in the final game of the season.

A source close to the talks told SunSport: “United have every right to think of themselves but that shouldn’t be to the detriment of others.

“If they field a reserve team at Hull who then win and stay up, then the consequences for two of the three North East clubs will be dire.

“No one is looking for a favour, just a level playing field. And if the rules are not adhered to there are means of recourse.”

If found guilty of breaching rules, United could face anything from a warning to a big fine.

They would also be open to legal action from any relegated club for compensation.

A Premier League spokesman said: “We are aware of this situation and we will be monitoring all matches on the final day of the season.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2438309.ece

Normally I have something to say on almost every matter but on this I am properly speechless.

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Sloane

was just about to post this. they should look at themselves over the other 37games instead of trying to blame us if they go down, the problem is as its united i can see this being supported. nobody said this about fulham and liverpool did they?

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Time For Heroes

So when Benitez rests gerrard or Torres then isn't he not fielding a full strength team??

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Smeggs

all bullshit, will come to nothing. tons and tons of precedents with no action.

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Baron

how about they go £#%&! themselves, yeah?

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Street Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2438309.ece

Normally I have something to say on almost every matter but on this I am properly speechless.
Whats the point on having a 'Squad'?

£#%&!ing desperate £#%&!wits. They should start winning some games for a start before trying to sue third parties!

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:29 AM
forzagarza

As long as first team players are used there is no argument. Should just play a ful strength team but then get them to sit in the centre circle playing cards

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:30 AM
elephantstone

the kids will beat hull

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:31 AM
n48

Foster
Fabio
Brown?
2 Weeks?
?
Nani
Fletcher
?
?
Macheda
Wellbeck

Aye throw the book at them NE. Plenty of weak players there.

It's a tactic by Newcastle and Mboro in partic to ensure that United try hard WHOEVER they pick to 'told you so' so that they get half a chance at staying up. Sign of a desperate team.

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:32 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Foster
Fabio
Brown?
2 Weeks?
?
Nani
Fletcher
?
?
Macheda
Wellbeck

Aye throw the book at them NE. Plenty of weak players there.

It's a tactic by Newcastle and Mboro in partic to ensure that United try hard WHOEVER they pick to 'told you so' so that they get half a chance at staying up. Sign of a desperate team.
Who is two weeks ?

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Zorg

Completely made up %@#$&!s.

They're on about it on the radio, wheeling out rent-a-quotes like Neil @#%&!, I mean Warnock. As someone pointed out, the second string would probably be more enthusiastic as they're trying to get in the squad for Rome and stake a claim for next season, whilst the first team players might just stroll around making sure they don't get injured.

Still, as we know, ABU-ism includes the complete absence of rational thinking, so I fully expect it to all be United's fault whatever happens.

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:35 AM
Sloane

hopefully rio will play

“Hopefully Rio’s fit for Sunday,” Sir Alex said. “If not, he’s a doubt [for the final].

“He starts training tomorrow. Once he’s back in football training we’ll have a better idea.”

For Sunday’s trip to the KC Stadium, Sir Alex is expected to rest those players who will start against Barcelona in Rome. Rio, however, appears to be the exception to the rule.

“If he doesn’t play on Sunday then he won’t start in Rome.”

toseeunited

we'll do Hull regardless!

and we gave the barcodes a point on the opening day so they can £#%&! right off.

as for middlesbrough - what a @#%&!s club that is, and sunderland shouldn't have £#%&!ed up on monday night at pompey.

not to mention the other 37 games.

the north-east right now =

My Name is Keith

To be honest, I'm surprised no one has commented on the font used in the extract.

I like it. Kind of elegant without being up it's own arse or anything. Not too precious about itself. And caring.

A breath of fresh air compared with Arial I can tell you.

n48

2 Weeks is mike duxbury

toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
“If he doesn’t play on Sunday then he won’t start in Rome.”
SAF knows what he's doing here.

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Withers

I hope he picks more kids than he planned to now.

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Ashley's Grime

Remember all that bollox the other year about Tim Howard not playing againstus the day we won the league? Came to £#%&! all.

I wonder why Neil Warnock never mentions that when Sheff United went down they played Wigan at home on the last day, only needing a draw to stay up with Wigan needing a win? That's got £#%&! all to do with United resting players.

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:39 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
To be honest, I'm surprised no one has commented on the font used in the extract.

I like it. Kind of elegant without being up it's own arse or anything. Not too precious about itself. And caring.

A breath of fresh air compared with Arial I can tell you.
Cheers Keithingtons, I fancied a bit of a change and since the quote is from the the Sun, which is a comic, I thought Comic Sans might be a nice font to use. It just seemed apt.

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:41 AM
SilverSurfer

No named quotes means it could be made up from the journalist himself.

Unprecedented? how about Liverpool against Fulham in 2007.

The Fat Spanish Waiter before the game.

Quote:
"I know it's a difficult situation for some clubs, but I need to think about my club and the Champions League final is our priority," Benitez said. "It's not just Liverpool who will make changes. Look at Watford, who are already relegated, and the teams in mid-table. They may look to use squad players or young players. All managers want to look after their own club. That is normal.
No fine, no action against them.
Closed Thread