United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:46 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Default Whilst I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend's football

I am still deeply unimpressed that Liverpool might go top of the table this evening.

That is all.

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:56 AM
wiganste

It'll be good watching them fail in spectacular fashion though.

The giddy-o-meter on Merseyside will be of city-esque proportions at the minute. It's worth seeing them top just to see their faces when we make it 18 in May

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:06 AM
mark o

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It'll be good watching them fail in spectacular fashion though.

The giddy-o-meter on Merseyside will be of city-esque proportions at the minute. It's worth seeing them top just to see their faces when we make it 18 in May
As good as that would be I would still rather them be out of as soon after Christmas as possible; just in case.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:08 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

A small percentage of me wants them to go the distance and £#%&! it up

But the sooner there out the better.

They have Arsenal 4 days before XMas, what's the odds Arsenal roll over for them

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Spiffy

Wait for he pressure of being top. They're pansies and they'll crack.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:11 AM
BarryX

a perch that can be only fallen down from.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:21 AM
irk

i've got a bad feeling about them this season. never underestimate their £#%&!ing luck eg european cup in 2005. the longer this goes on the more worried i am.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:28 AM
dunk

Benitez won la liga with a team that was shit but didn't get beat. They finished the season as lowest scorers, their top scorer had 8.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Fountz

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark o
As good as that would be I would still rather them be out of as soon after Christmas as possible; just in case.
Concur totally.

They worry me.

Heard all this #@&%!y bravado back in 2005 when they kept sneaking through round by round in the European Cup. "Oh it's good they they're through because they'll get shown up and humuliated in the next round by Juventus/Chelsea/Milan..."
Err no.. it was like sleep-walking into a threshing machine.

Want to get above them asap.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:35 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
i've got a bad feeling about them this season. never underestimate their £#%&!ing luck eg european cup in 2005. the longer this goes on the more worried i am.
Yep.

The sooner the @#%&!s are out of it, the better. Chelsea have been poor against every decent side they've played this season, while we've waited till the end of November to start playing If we don't win the League this year, those @#%&!s will.

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:41 AM
BarryX

I am going to shellsuit up and join the equivalent skaus forum, in some undercover wummery. My aim is pure and simple. To evoke the curse from within

I maybe gone some time...

Unread 01-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
I am going to shellsuit up and join the equivalent skaus forum, in some undercover wummery. My aim is pure and simple. To evoke the curse from within

I maybe gone some time...

There goes a brave man.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:26 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
There goes a brave man.

it's a code red.

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Benitez won la liga with a team that was shit but didn't get beat. They finished the season as lowest scorers, their top scorer had 8.
That Valencia side were crap to watch but won the league - this troubles me as the vermin are clearly very hard to beat.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
That Valencia side were crap to watch but won the league - this troubles me as the vermin are clearly very hard to beat.

Yep. My point precisely.

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

I don't think they're not hard to beat, I just don't think they'll last the pace.

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

they're beginning to remind me of Newcastle in 96 - except with only a fraction of the style

back then Newcastle got a flier in far better style, but by round about now they were getting all the breaks going - remember they spawned a few games running, including Lids, vermin and then Wimbledon away 3-3 when they just looked feeble

the vermin have had more than a season's worth of luck already this time around - Wigan, Portsmouth, even Wes to name but 3, and that's without even starting on how second rate they've been in Europe (out-played in Belguim, Marseille home and away, and for long spells of both games against Atletico by all accounts.)

there is no way it can last.

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:42 PM
dunk

Don't forget how many times they have played against 10 men.

I remember Arsenal having a spell when they only ever played against 10 men.

Unread 01-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Albert Tatlock

Arsenal will beat them.

We will beat them at home

We will win our game in hand

9 points .... sorted !

Unread 01-12-2008, 02:14 PM
RedMenace

What's that stat they always churn out about the team that's top of the league at Christmas (or is it New Year's Day?), I can't remember it exactly but something like 90% of the time they win the league. Now granted we've won the league a couple of times not being top on that date but it is a rarity so for that reason I'd like to see them off top spot as soon as possible just in case.
Closed Thread