United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Sloane

i think the rule is worded too loosely you cant define 'your strongest team' so im sure the lawyers of united wouldnt have much trouble defending them

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

what's the betting rooney and ronny have both picked up little knocks and won't be fit for sunday

Unread 20-05-2009, 10:56 AM
My Name is Keith

It's never been tested and would fail if they did.

It's just something to sell papers and get people on message boards excited.

The only real application I can see for it is to add weight to Grimson's Rawk wum about the scousers still being able to win the league if United receive point deductions.

Unread 20-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Baron

'Boro played a team full of kids in their last game a couple of years ago when they were in the UEFA Cup final... £#%&!ing SUn 'reporters' are an appalling bunch of @#%&!s.

Unread 20-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Sparky***

play the kids.

let them try and sue. Let them £#%&!ing try.

They'll end up owing us money and we'll go and take the furniture they're sitting on.

Unread 20-05-2009, 11:16 AM
koppas

What do they class as a full strength team? Some people may rate Nani higher than Ronaldo (unlikely!) so, if Nani doesn't play, it could be interpreted that we are fielding a weakened team?

Nothing will come of it ffs - especially with the Final on Wednesday.

Unread 20-05-2009, 11:27 AM
TaylorMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
As long as first team players are used there is no argument. Should just play a ful strength team but then get them to sit in the centre circle playing cards

Dont be so £#%&!ing stupid! Dominos surely?

Unread 20-05-2009, 11:28 AM
armchair

Paper talk.

Unread 20-05-2009, 11:58 AM
BulgarianSpectator

More lazy tabloid journo %@#$&!s. It's almost as if they just flick through the internet all day and pick the odd story off message boards. Oh, wait a minute.....

Nothing was ever done about the last few games in the previous seasons when the league was won at Easter (losing to a shite Derby team at OT, I remember.)

Anyway, United's 12-22 include more internationals than Hull's first XI, so how can it be a weaker team?

Defo Starters
Feltcher (capt)

Maybes
Neville
Park
Tosic
Nani
Scholes
Wellbeck
Fabio
Raphael
Gibson
PIG
Martin
Possebon
Amos
Macheda

Pretty much all of above have played a fair number of games this season, either in the cups or league, so there's no justification for saying it's just a run-out.

Injured
Hargreaves
Foster
Rio
Brown

Rested
VDS
Evra
Ronaldo
Anderson
Berbatov
Rooney
Giggs
Vidic
Carrick
O'Dear
Evans
Tevez

Unread 20-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Zorg

Top Geordie on a phone-in then: 'If they tried to sue anyone I'd hand my season ticket back in, it's pathetic'.

Top red.

Unread 20-05-2009, 12:22 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Imagine if it went to court

Defence attorney: "Mr Southgate, do you remember the UEFA cup final played by your club against Sevilla in which the defence marshalled by you conceded 4 goals?"

Southgate: "Yes"

Defence attorney: "did you as club captain play in the league game before that?"

Southgate: "No, I was rested as were all of the first tea………oh %@#$&!s"

Defence attorney: "So it was alright for Middlesbrough to rest players before a European final but you intend to invoke premiership rules when it might be to your detriment? Speaking of premiership rules when do you get your FIFA Pro license which you require to coach in that league?"

Unread 20-05-2009, 12:42 PM
RedMenace

The three clubs have quickly denied it apparently. With regards to the team we'll be putting out, Possebon is away on some trip with the Youths to Italy, so is Amos and Fabio is injured I think. De Laet reckons he could be on the bench according to something I read.
Closed Thread