United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-07-2008, 08:27 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Default This Sergio Aguero thing is in the Guradian rumours now

It says we might activate his 35 million pound release clause. I understand that Aguero has been THE best player in spain this year and the only reason that we all aren't talking about him is that Athletico Madrid games don't feature on Sky and so the lazy hacks in our red tops don't know who he is.

Now this is all what I "understand" rather than know because I've only seen him play twice and he dives like a bastard but he did look a cut above. That and he is engaged to Diego Maradonna's daughter.

What would the forum reaction be if United sold Ronaldo and bought this young lad?

Unread 15-07-2008, 08:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

I've no idea, what position does he play?

Unread 15-07-2008, 08:34 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I've no idea, what position does he play?
Sort of up front but a bit wide ish, I think he could be a direct swap.

Unread 15-07-2008, 08:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Sort of up front but a bit wide ish, I think he could be a direct swap.

I see, he's a couple of inches shorter than Ronnie I understand, at 5' 7". Anyway, we will need a player in that kind of position if Ronnie goes, along with a proper striker. AS are reporting we've bid 85 million euros, ridiculous.

Unread 15-07-2008, 08:44 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
I see, he's a couple of inches shorter than Ronnie I understand, at 5' 7". Anyway, we will need a player in that kind of position if Ronnie goes, along with a proper striker.
The thing is the lad would be coming to united with just as much potential as Ronaldo had and a damn site more first team experience, surely this would be a thing to get giddy about?

Unread 15-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Didn't his agent say something about a top English club have enquired and it's not Chelsea? That only leaves United really, Arsenal can't afford that and Liverpool are a cup team a best. I thought he played in the Tevez role but from my experience he helped lead Athletico to four European Cups in a row on Pro Evo a few years ago.

Unread 15-07-2008, 09:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
The thing is the lad would be coming to united with just as much potential as Ronaldo had and a damn site more first team experience, surely this would be a thing to get giddy about?

I can't get too giddy about his possible signing as I don't recall ever seeing him play. As such I really hope we get him.

Unread 15-07-2008, 09:35 AM
Sloane

i have watched him a few times for atletico and argentina. he is an big talent no doubt, he has the touch and dribbling of messi as he can jus walk past players with ease. hes got good pace too and he knows where the net is. but i dont think i have seen him play out wide i have only seen him play through the middle with another striker as he likes too drop deep and pick up the ball which we have two strikers who do already.

Unread 15-07-2008, 10:09 AM
MUFC One Love

If we can't afford Berbatov how can we afford Aguero?

Unread 15-07-2008, 10:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
If we can't afford Berbatov how can we afford Aguero?
AS.com has constructed a set of transfer dealings that involve Robinho going to Chelsea, Ronnie to Real and aguero to us. They seemingly think if they print it, he will come.

Unread 15-07-2008, 10:11 AM
JakeB

I get the feeling the talk from his agent is an attempt for a pay rise.

He's probably on the same pay/contract as when he first came from Argentina, and with his performances last year he'll try to claim a pay rise...sound familiar?

Don't see any chance of him coming to United this summer.

Unread 15-07-2008, 10:12 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
AS.com has constructed a set of transfer dealings that involve Robinho going to Chelsea, Ronnie to Real and aguero to us. They seemingly think if they print it, he will come.

Unread 15-07-2008, 10:14 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I get the feeling the talk from his agent is an attempt for a pay rise.

He's probably on the same pay/contract as when he first came from Argentina, and with his performances last year he'll try to claim a pay rise...sound familiar?

Don't see any chance of him coming to United this summer.
The only way we may get him is if we sell Ronaldo. But I've got the feeling if we sell Ronaldo we won't spend bid and because we've just done the double the club will get away with no spending it. Looks like Berbatov is being bought with Ronaldo staying so he doesn't count. They'll tell us they won't be held to ransom 'cos clubs know have the Ronaldo money, they'll say they're not rushing into signings etc then it will be 1st September and the club have got away with it with some tidy money for other things, and we all know what they are.

Unread 15-07-2008, 10:15 AM
dunk

So, Ronaldo out, Aguero and Berbatov in?

Can we keep Saha as well?

In fact, can we not have all 4?

Oh, and I'm sure I read somewhere that the buy out clauses in Spanish contracts only apply to Spanish clubs.

Unread 15-07-2008, 10:16 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So, Ronaldo out, Aguero and Berbatov in?

Can we keep Saha as well?

In fact, can we not have all 4?
I predict we'll have 2 of those players...Ronaldo and Berbatov.

Unread 15-07-2008, 10:18 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The only way we may get him is if we sell Ronaldo. But I've got the feeling if we sell Ronaldo we won't spend bid and because we've just done the double the club will get away with no spending it. Looks like Berbatov is being bought with Ronaldo staying so he doesn't count. They'll tell us they won't be held to ransom 'cos clubs know have the Ronaldo money, they'll say they're not rushing into signings etc then it will be 1st September and the club have got away with it with some tidy money for other things, and we all know what they are.
Super Doom that post. People keep going on about us selling and the glazers keeping the cash, I'm still yet to see this happen. If Ronaldo goes I am confident that someone will come in with Berbatov

Unread 15-07-2008, 10:20 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I predict we'll have 2 of those players...Ronaldo and Berbatov.
I would agree.

I think Saha will still be here too.

Unread 15-07-2008, 10:21 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Super Doom that post. People keep going on about us selling and the glazers keeping the cash, I'm still yet to see this happen. If Ronaldo goes I am confident that someone will come in with Berbatov
Possibly yeah. I just think with the amount of money they'd get, and with us just doing the double, they'll get away with it. Also, time is moving on now, if a deal is going to be done with Ronaldo we won't have much time to get replacements.

It's looking as though Ronaldo will stay, though.

Baron

He was player of the year in Spain last year wasn't he? Official like...

Not bad for someone not at Barca or Real.

From what I've seen of him... he's a diving little @#%&! who can make people look stupid & he scores his fair share. I for one, am intrigued at the possibility of him replacing Ronnie & having 2 mad Argie forwards in the side can only really be a good thing.

I wasn't going to bother with the usual YouTube-inho style "here's what you could of won" thing but having just watched it he's actually a skillful & tenacious little £#%&!er...

MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I think Saha will still be here too.
Yep, 'cos no £#%&!er will take him off our hands.

He is a waste of space.
Closed Thread