United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-06-2018, 08:11 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He’s just called Ian Wright a Tom and @#%&!. You want to bet your brand on that??

Wrong.

Easy to agree when it’s not your money/reputation on the line. Sol Campbell is his other witness, a complete fruit loop. Everything to do with being ‘outspoken’, little to do with being black (as evidenced by Jennas and co finding work).
i agree with cream (ffs)

pretty sure collymore was black when he had his gig at talksport too, iirc. he blew that just like he's blown everything else because he can't help being an arse sometimes.

Unread 10-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Ethers

I think Collymore has a point, just not too sure about the examples he’s uses I.e himself and that utter loon Campbell

Unread 10-06-2018, 08:31 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I think Collymore has a point, just not too sure about the examples he’s uses I.e himself and that utter loon Campbell

he's got a point when he compares lampard, gerrard and campbell's playing careers and says only one of them hasn't been offered a decent job in football. like collymore, though, it's the utter shite campbell regularly comes out with that has most likely put people off employing him.

when you look at the number of black players versus the amount of black managers in british football, they are undoubtedly under-represented. if he just left it at that, without laying into people like chris hughton etc, then i'd have more sympathy for collymore's opinion.

Unread 10-06-2018, 08:38 PM
My Name is Heath

1995 - Stan Collymore doesn’t hit anyone.
1996 - Stan Collymore doesn’t hit anyone.
1997 - Stan Collymore doesn’t hit anyone.
1998 - Stan Collymore does hit someone.
1999 - Stan Collymore doesn’t hit anyone.
2000-2018 - Stan Collymore doesn’t hit anyone.

But hey, lovable Gazza can bang about his missus. Waay Eye man - I’m a Geordie bastard and love to hit women me.

Oh - I’ve had enough of football. Let’s watch Boy George on The Voice who held a man hostage and cruelly tortured him.

Collymore has accepted he made a giant mistake and did something terrible - but it was over 20 years ago.

He should have said it was for Irish republicanism - you can blow people up back then and have zero repercussions nowadays.

Lot of latent racism to big Stan. Very sad to see.

Unread 10-06-2018, 08:51 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
1995 - Stan Collymore doesn’t hit anyone.
1996 - Stan Collymore doesn’t hit anyone.
1997 - Stan Collymore doesn’t hit anyone.
1998 - Stan Collymore does hit someone.
1999 - Stan Collymore doesn’t hit anyone.
2000-2018 - Stan Collymore doesn’t hit anyone.

But hey, lovable Gazza can bang about his missus. Waay Eye man - I’m a Geordie bastard and love to hit women me.

Oh - I’ve had enough of football. Let’s watch Boy George on The Voice who held a man hostage and cruelly tortured him.

Collymore has accepted he made a giant mistake and did something terrible - but it was over 20 years ago.

He should have said it was for Irish republicanism - you can blow people up back then and have zero repercussions nowadays.

Lot of latent racism to big Stan. Very sad to see.

When did he belt the living daylights out of Ulricka then ?

Unread 10-06-2018, 08:51 PM
Switching Off

Jez

Unread 10-06-2018, 09:00 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
When did he belt the living daylights out of Ulricka then ?

Paris. World Cup.

20 years.

Joins the ranks of Johnny Depp, Mel Gibson, Emma Roberts, Sean Penn, Nicolas Cage et al.

Oh hang on. They were honkies.

As you were.

Unread 10-06-2018, 09:19 PM
Cream

Quote:

Paris. World Cup.

20 years.

Joins the ranks of Johnny Depp, Mel Gibson, Emma Roberts, Sean Penn, Nicolas Cage et al.

As you were.
None of them premiership footballers afaik.

Unread 10-06-2018, 09:26 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Mel Gibson had 2 seasons at QPR at left back if i'm not mistaken

Unread 10-06-2018, 09:52 PM
Cream

Quote:
Mel Gibson had 2 seasons at QPR at left back if i'm not mistaken
Right you are.
Obsessed with crosses iirc.

Unread 10-06-2018, 10:00 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Right you are.
Obsessed with crosses iirc.

Got a red card against Spurs too

Unread 10-06-2018, 11:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Paris. World Cup.

20 years.

As you were.
And it is in no way an excuse, but he had serious depression issues at the time.

One will never forget John Gregory's response to Collymore's problems - "he should pull himself together". Sadly, there are still far too many who "think" like that out there

Unread 11-06-2018, 12:40 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
As funners might say, Wright is a Tory @#%&! (IIRC he never used to be either, which makes it worse if anything)
Is he?

Tbh his point about opinionated black pundits is %@#$&!s. As Cream suggests, the mainstream media don't want opinionated pundits of any description. Whether it's Shearer, Henry, Muprhy - the production values don't require proper debate or opinion, just banality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I suppose the argument is that if Campbell being a bit weird is enough to rule him out of any managerial job despite being one of the best defenders of his generation, should it not apply to Joey Barton, or indeed have applied to Keane, Adams etc.

Could argue Campbell is a safe pair of hands by comparison.

Unread 11-06-2018, 08:21 AM
Child of Darkness

Speaking as one of the few men of Colour on This forum . I’d just like to say the following

1 who wouldn’t want to smack ulrika round a bit if the chance arouse ?

2 IAN not wright no longer wears an ear ring and has therefore sold out to the man .

We shall over come

Unread 11-06-2018, 08:47 AM
Drexl

Quote:
I've seen Penn's name after loads of goals

Unread 11-06-2018, 08:59 AM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl

Personally, I think it's refreshing when celebs call each other @#%&!s. It makes them more relatable.

Unread 11-06-2018, 09:17 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Speaking as one of the few men of Colour on This forum . I’d just like to say the following

1 who wouldn’t want to smack ulrika round a bit if the chance arouse ?

2 IAN not wright no longer wears an ear ring and has therefore sold out to the man .

We shall over come
Reported.

Unread 11-06-2018, 09:21 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl

Unread 11-06-2018, 10:35 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Collymore had a decade on talksport and hosted tv shows. He's not had a lack of opportunities, relative to his profile as a footballer and person he got more than deserved. Perhaps the lack of opportunities he gets now is because he's just a tiresome £#%&!er whose shtick is old.

There is certainly a subconscious racial issue within football. But does it apply all the time? No - Joey Barton is the same and he too is a certified #@&%!. What they have in common is they spend five minutes reading about a topic, then spend an hour shouting over everyone else while proclaiming to be an expert. All in the name of "I say it as it is"
Collymore was sacked from talksport allegedly for beating up the partner of a woman he was trying to pull in front of his bosses. I think the term 'not renewing his contract' was used.

jornaliste that.

Unread 11-06-2018, 12:34 PM
sub three hours

As much as a #@&%! as he is, I think Collymore has a point, i love Wrighty but he is working for the Sun when they are undoubtedly being racist towards Sterling.
Closed Thread