Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Lenny Kravitz never looked the real deal
couldn't even fly, the lying bastard.

Unread 07-06-2018, 07:02 PM
atticusgrinch

King Louis. Great player.

06/07 still the best i've ever seen United play for me Brian.

Unread 07-06-2018, 07:20 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
King Louis. Great player.

06/07 still the best i've ever seen United play for me Brian.
Yep, loved that season. Unexpected too for me, what with Chelsea dominating the previous two seasons and us only signing one player in the summer (I think?)

Unread 07-06-2018, 07:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep, loved that season. Unexpected too for me, what with Chelsea dominating the previous two seasons and us only signing one player in the summer (I think?)
Carrick, who many were deeply underwhelmed by. Add to that the media hype over Ronaldo "getting Rooney sent off" at the WC and most United fans were in full Sparky mode

And then we kicked off against Fulham.......

Unread 07-06-2018, 07:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Albeit Evra and Vidic had arrived in January and Ronaldo was about to really kick on.

Getting Saha fit and firing was huge though. Fergie moved Van Nistelrooy to help make that happen of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Before you posted that, the miss was the firs thing which popped into my head. He lost all his confidence and was the beginning of the end.
Think the Chelsea goal posted was a few days later, as alluded to during the commentary.

Larsson thing also mentioned but you got the impression with Saha it was always going to be something to throw him off. I remember Evra saying he always tried to tell him how good he could be. Henry raved about him too; those French lads knew how talented he was.

That was a big goal against Chelsea though. Didn't win the game but we'd gotten used to them beating us and there was a fear there.

Unread 07-06-2018, 07:45 PM
Red Santos

Calendar year 2006 he was £#%&!ing awesome

Technically wise he was the most complete centre forward the club has ever had IMO

Shame he was made of glass. Career blighted with injuries..

Unread 07-06-2018, 08:25 PM
S/Side.Red

You aren't stopping this.

The boos

Unread 07-06-2018, 09:24 PM
TheFatGoth

This game

Unread 07-06-2018, 10:42 PM
jem

can't watch. too sad.

Unread 07-06-2018, 11:01 PM
Why Don?

Both footed from what I remember.

Loved him.

Unread 07-06-2018, 11:02 PM
Pop

I remember that segment on Soccer AM years ago, can't remember which Utd player it was but he instantly answered that Louis was the longest Utd player ever in the shower

Unread 08-06-2018, 04:03 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I remember that segment on Soccer AM years ago, can't remember which Utd player it was but he instantly answered that Louis was the longest Utd player ever in the shower
I think it was Rooney...

Unread 08-06-2018, 08:20 AM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I can't do more than 15 minutes - I'd expect a fit athlete to do up to 20-25.

Unread 08-06-2018, 08:36 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
His injury record was shocking... great scorer of goals though
Agreed. Brilliant when not injured.

Unread 08-06-2018, 08:37 AM
thatsfuctit

Unread 08-06-2018, 09:11 AM
Coracao

Had one decent year.

Talented but doubt he would break the top 20 for United strikers.

Unread 08-06-2018, 09:14 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Love the story from that game about Saha coming in at half time buzzing thinking he was the man with United 3-0 up and him with two goals, to find Fergie waiting to absolutely %@#$&! him for missing a chance for the hat-trick because he was too careless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Had one decent year.

Barely a year tbh. In time you forget how frustrating his injuries were, but no doubt he was fantastic on his day.

Unread 08-06-2018, 09:20 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Had one decent year.

would walk into our team now. on crutches.

Unread 08-06-2018, 09:32 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Really? Had he any more talent and application martial has? Saha benefitted hugely from the winning machine we were in those days. i suspect his results would be similar to martials currently.
Interesting in those clips to see how many long balls he latched on to and how high up the pitch teams were defending against us at times.

Unread 08-06-2018, 10:09 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Love the story from that game about Saha coming in at half time buzzing thinking he was the man with United 3-0 up and him with two goals, to find Fergie waiting to absolutely %@#$&! him for missing a chance for the hat-trick because he was too careless

Barely a year tbh. In time you forget how frustrating his injuries were, but no doubt he was fantastic on his day.
That's why I said decent rather than gold tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
And people are giving Lukaku pelters cause he didn't score enough league goals...

Saha got double figures in the league twice in a decade.
Closed Thread