United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 11-01-2024, 02:59 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
What would we all do different given a year to live diagnosis?

Anyone to make peace with, or perhaps better, enact calculated revenge?

Might spur you on to do that grand larcenry you've been thinking about for a long time
you would be really disappointed if you'd based your final year round last year's foty vote.

Unread 11-01-2024, 03:00 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
I wonder why he hated him so much? Must have something to do with United players on international duty.
rabidly anti scottish apparently.

hated Braveheart with a passion and was always following Fergie around shouting ‘och aye the noo’ and humming the Rab c nesbitt theme tune

Unread 11-01-2024, 03:07 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Poll!!!
i do that anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you would be really disappointed if you'd based your final year round last year's foty vote.
difficult to tell which one is last year's.

feel like we could report and sue him for GDPR breach

Unread 11-01-2024, 03:27 PM
Dr Stranger

£#%&!ing hell

Older I get, stuff like that really gets to me.

Unread 11-01-2024, 07:44 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
#@&%!

very sad news. always seemed a nice bloke
Agreed & apparently he was ready to quit the England job to take-over The United Job before Fergie changed his mind back in Feb 2002, could you imagine the outrage & foaming of the mouth's from the ABU's if that had happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Wasn't he in the running for the United job when Fergie announced his retirement the first time?

Or was it merely something I thought might happen rather than actually being a possibility?
Yes I belive he was one of the main front runners for the job

Unread 11-01-2024, 08:27 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Ploughed Ulrika in her prime (iirc). I’d be happy with that achievement
Ulrika popped up as a potential match for me on a dating app recently. She's definitely not in her prime now.

Unread 11-01-2024, 08:39 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Ulrika popped up as a potential match for me on a dating app recently. She's definitely not in her prime now.
Don't mean to pry but why did your marriage break down?

Unread 11-01-2024, 08:46 PM
est.1878

Ulrika never did it for me but let me tell you we are so close to a fittest woman of the 90s poll, subject to passing female objectiveness test.

Unread 12-01-2024, 12:24 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Don't mean to pry but why did your marriage break down?
yhpm

Unread 12-01-2024, 08:26 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
What would we all do different given a year to live diagnosis?

Anyone to make peace with, or perhaps better, enact calculated revenge?

Might spur you on to do that grand larcenry you've been thinking about for a long time
I often (too often) wonder the best way - no warning heart attack or a drawn out one like Sven which at least gives you time to say your goodbye's properly and maybe do a few things you always said you would do. A friend's granddad recently died at 94. Went to bed all okay and never woke up. Assuming he had already made his peace, that's a way out I would hope for. As I read from someone recently, I'm not necessarily afraid of death but I am shit scared of a slow painful death.

Unread 12-01-2024, 10:07 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Was often reported at the time that part of the reason he changed his mind is he didn't want Sven taking over

But actively pushed for Moyes.

Unread 12-01-2024, 10:30 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
As I read from someone recently, I'm not necessarily afraid of death but I am shit scared of a slow painful death.
If you've been watching United this season, then consider yourself fully trained for that eventuality.

Unread 12-01-2024, 01:28 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
If you've been watching United this season, then consider yourself fully trained for that eventuality.

Unread 13-01-2024, 04:52 PM
AK14

Unread 13-01-2024, 04:59 PM
Finport Red

Thanks. It’s been puzzling me the past day or two how they could make this sad news all about them.

Unread 14-01-2024, 01:40 AM
Dacter

Scouse bastard

Unread 14-01-2024, 02:00 AM
Stickman

Very sad news this.

Always thought he seemed a good classy guy.

Hopefully he outlives the prognosis.

Unread 14-01-2024, 02:08 AM
armchair

You hear "a year to live" a lot but I don't think medical professionals ever actually give anyone a year to live.

Unread 14-01-2024, 08:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Very sad news this.

Always thought he seemed a good classy guy.

Hopefully he outlives the prognosis.
This does happen quite often, so fingers crossed.

Remember - his city team might have done the double over us, but they then lost 8-1 in his last game as manager to cheer us up