United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2022, 10:51 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He’s an idiot. Leaving maguire out would be perfect man management. Let him go on his holidays early, come back with a clear slab.

Unread 14-06-2022, 10:53 PM
Zorg

Unread 15-06-2022, 09:21 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Southgate is what happens when some faceless boffin from accounts gets promoted beyond his capabilities. Says all the right things about the latest social issues and i'm sure he's very into group bonding and all that %@#$&!s but he's a cripplingly poor football manger
You can let the Germany and Italy games slide as they’re big teams (generally I know Italy haven’t made the WC).

To lose to Hungary at home and draw away is unforgivable. The manner too, didn’t score a single goal from open play?

The maguire selection is him trying to show who is top dog, if you’re dropping. Rashford and Sancho for having a poor club season you have to drop slab head.

Like I said, even if In his gut he wants maguire at the WC, let him go on his holidays early, new season starts, hopefully he picks up form and you bring him back into the fold in autumn. Vast majority of idiots booing would have forgotten about this season. Maybe Maguire even puts the season behind him.

He has literally thrown him into the firing line when the whole English team is on its knees.

Even after the sending off, you’re getting booed , the team is getting booed, don’t bring on a player who is so far off form and currently is on the fans “shit list” when you’re 3-0 down and 10/15 mins to go.

Unread 15-06-2022, 10:05 AM
Parlabane

I've got a bit of sympathy with the players who seem to have been playing non stop now for 18 months now and playing in a glorified friendly is hardly going to get them up and at it.

England fans are a dim lot though aren't they ? last year Ingerlund were fantastic and the unlucky losers, now they get beat in a largely meaningless friendly and they are booing the players and calling the manager out

Unread 15-06-2022, 10:28 AM
dunk

£#%&!ing hell, I turned off at 1-0 had no idea it finished 4-0

Unread 15-06-2022, 11:17 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
I've got a bit of sympathy with the players who seem to have been playing non stop now for 18 months now and playing in a glorified friendly is hardly going to get them up and at it.

England fans are a dim lot though aren't they ? last year Ingerlund were fantastic and the unlucky losers, now they get beat in a largely meaningless friendly and they are booing the players and calling the manager out
Crazy isn't it? They got to the semi final of the World Cup and the final of the Euros. Despite not having a particularly great team. You could argue they had a lot of luck to achieve that but it's absolutely mental to turn on them so quickly.

Unread 15-06-2022, 11:54 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Crazy isn't it? They got to the semi final of the World Cup and the final of the Euros. Despite not having a particularly great team. You could argue they had a lot of luck to achieve that but it's absolutely mental to turn on them so quickly.
isn't it more that the football is defensive, boring and shit, especially given the amount of attacking talent he has to pick from? Harder to justify moaning when you're winning games.

Tbh, I barely watch England games but that's the impression I get from on here.

Do agree though that England fans are dim

Unread 15-06-2022, 12:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
last year Ingerlund were fantastic and the unlucky losers, now they get beat in a largely meaningless friendly and they are booing the players and calling the manager out
last year, england failed due to the selections and tactics of the manager. he's a wet blanket.

Unread 15-06-2022, 12:37 PM
Patty_b

Just seen the highlights, that second yellow card for Stones is brilliant

Unread 15-06-2022, 03:24 PM
tatty

I’ve never been anti-England, even during the late 90’s.

I can’t even rouse myself to be particularly interested, I have to pretend in the pub during tournaments.

Unread 15-06-2022, 06:30 PM
armchair

Quote:
masonmount
Hungary for more!
40 w
dumbo rice:

Quote:
I like that caption.
Closed Thread