United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2022, 07:19 PM
History

Completely erased Falcao from memory.

Went into that season with Falcao, Rooney, RVP and Di Maria. Barely any of them could hit the net after august

Unread 13-06-2022, 07:32 PM
Finport Red

Macheda. Thought he was going to be a superstar.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:10 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Completely erased Falcao from memory.

Went into that season with Falcao, Rooney, RVP and Di Maria. Barely any of them could hit the net after august
That Leicester game created and destroyed all belief we had of being a fantastic entertaining team who would win loads.

Hindsight is a £#%&!er but would have been nice to see how the team panned out if they did win that game and take that form into the season

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:12 PM
WackTheJack99

Old enough to remember Birtles.

Poborsky and Cruyff were also very underwhelming in such a good side.

I get the point about Hughes after he left, but I can't hold much against him. Along with Robson, he embodied the spirit we had in the 80s and played a big role in the success of the early-mid 90s. Watched full 1990 FA Cup final reply on YouTube last week, he was immense.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:13 PM
Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
That Leicester game created and destroyed all belief we had of being a fantastic entertaining team who would win loads.

Hindsight is a f***er but would have been nice to see how the team panned out if they did win that game and take that form into the season
When that Di Maria scoop went in I genuinely though we were back.

Lasted about 30 minutes.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:18 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Is there a way of isolating on Wikipedia every single transfer we've done since rvp
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manc...ers/verein/985

Unread 13-06-2022, 09:46 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden

Lasted about 30 minutes.
I blame the ref, Rafael was fouled nothing 2 seconds later does the same thing and it’s a pen.

Unread 14-06-2022, 06:06 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden

Lasted about 30 minutes.
Same

Unread 14-06-2022, 11:14 AM
Seamus

Peter Davenport
John Curtis was a good shout
Axel - I thought he was destined for great things, I cant fathom where it went wrong and that Ole never played him more often.

Luke Shaw
Closed Thread