View Poll Results: Should Mason Greenwood ever be allowed play for United again
yes 11 12.64%
no 76 87.36%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2022, 07:01 PM
armchair

Default Should Mason Greenwood ever be allowed play for United again

(regardless of the outcome of any criminal proceedings?)

Unread 13-06-2022, 07:06 PM
BarryX

Heart says definitely no, head says possibly yes. Would have been far more straightforward if his ex had pressed charges or will be if he gets found guilty without her cooperation. A real tragedy for the club, in so many ways.

Unread 13-06-2022, 07:11 PM
Rorschach

No.

Unread 13-06-2022, 07:12 PM
naes_sean

no.

Unread 13-06-2022, 07:17 PM
Patty_b

No

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:03 PM
WackTheJack99

We're not Liverpool, scraping the barrel to excuse anything just to keep a player who might restore former glories. So it's a "no" from me. £#%&! him off as soon as we legally can. Anyone who moans if he plays elsewhere and does well can also £#%&! off.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:04 PM
jem

not sure what you mean by regardless. I mean.... there are limits. but basically... if he is not charged, not found guilty or is guilty and serves his time.... and shows some remorse and a willingness to change.... would be a shame to waste. was our best player till he was scooped. everyone deserves a second chance*.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:08 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not sure what you mean by regardless. I mean.... there are limits. but basically... if he is not charged, not found guilty or is guilty and serves his time.... and shows some remorse and a willingness to change.... would be a shame to waste. was our best player till he was scooped. everyone deserves a second chance*.
Sorry but the second chance after being found guilty is an opportunity to be a member of society. Not the privilege to play for one of the biggest sports teams in the world earning millions along side it and whether he likes it or not be a role model to millions of children around the world .

Zero tolerance on shit like this if he’s guilty .

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:10 PM
History

Sounded like Lingard on the recording to me. Bring him back

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:10 PM
Joe Biden

As it stands yes.

If he's charged and found guilty no. (which I think is highly unlikely)

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:16 PM
Finport Red

It would be wrong to punish him if he is found to be innocent in a court of law, or the charges are withdrawn.

It would be equally wrong to ever employ him again if found guilty.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Sorry but the second chance after being found guilty is an opportunity to be a member of society. Not the privilege to play for one of the biggest sports teams in the world earning millions along side it and whether he likes it or not be a role model to millions of children around the world .

Zero tolerance on shit like this if he’s guilty .
perhaps, he could donate his millions to a charity for abused women.

why shouldn't he have an opportunity to earn money at something he is good at?

is it just redemption on your terms?

does he have to be miserable for the rest of his life, however much he changes personally?

any kid who has a footballer as a role model wants his head examining.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:19 PM
est.1878

Would a hidden vote poll yield different results

It's a no from me. Even if no conviction I want escapist heroes on the pitch not people I suspect are utter #@&%!s

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
I want escapist heroes on the pitch not people I suspect are utter #@&%!s
you are destined for disappointment, my friend.

aside from eric, they will all disappoint you.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:22 PM
marlo

if he found no guilty or charges dropped then there is no reason why he should not play for us again.

but then again this forum is populated with peoples who morals are all over the place.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:22 PM
Sparky***

I'm shocked some people with actual daughters have voted for yes.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:24 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
It would be wrong to punish him if he is found to be innocent in a court of law, or the charges are withdrawn.

It would be equally wrong to ever employ him again if found guilty.
A court wouldn't find him to be innocent. They might find him to be 'not guilty' but that is not the same thing.

I remember doing jury duty and we all knew the bloke did it but we couldn't make say guilty because of the way the case was poorly prosecuted and because of some destroyed evidence. It was ridiculous.

The audio is pretty clear. The pictures could obviously be staged but that is unlikely. If (big if) it goes to court, there's a very good chance he'll be found not guilty. But either way, I want him nowhere near the club. I don't care how good he is.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:27 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
if he found no guilty or charges dropped then there is no reason why he should not play for us again.

but then again this forum is populated with peoples who morals are all over the place.
Would your opinion be different if he was white?

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:28 PM
Bunker Buster

The recording and pictures are Very hard to ever forgive on a united stage for me....

So no.

Unread 13-06-2022, 08:29 PM
ryanMUFC

I think he was very over rated by United fans, especially when playing out on the right.

That aside, he’s a piece of shit and shouldn’t be anywhere near the club.
Closed Thread