United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2022, 01:40 PM
Joe Biden

Default Players who let you down

Mark Hughes for me, loved him even more than Robbo as a younger. Turned into a massive ABU @#%&! when he left. £#%&!er.

Special shout for martial, watched him just after his debut at home vs Sunderland and was convinced he'd be the best striker in the world. All the talent in the world only gets you so far. @#%&!.

Unread 13-06-2022, 01:51 PM
92ToBury

Unread 13-06-2022, 01:52 PM
Lok

On the pitch:

Martial - He really looked the real deal when he could be arsed. Probably the best debut I can remember apart from Rooney/Ronaldo. I thought we'd signed someone of their level. The moody @#%&! is more comparable to Bellion than those greats.

Liam Miller - Billed as the new Roy Keane. Was quite hyped and I've always loved our Irish players. He was absolutely gash.

Januzaj - He really looked like he had it all. He reminded me of Giggs and I was convinced he'd push on and become one of the best. Now I can barely remember how to spell his name (had to look it up).

Pogba - So much hype. So little.... anything. I guess we'll always have that derby match to remember. Very expensive memory.

Off the pitch:

Greenwood - For obvious reasons
Morrison - For obvious reasons

Unread 13-06-2022, 01:52 PM
windy waffles

Erling Haaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Mark Hughes for me, loved him even more than Robbo as a younger. Turned into a massive ABU @#%&! when he left. £#%&!er.

Special shout for martial, watched him just after his debut at home vs Sunderland and was convinced he'd be the best striker in the world. All the talent in the world only gets you so far. @#%&!.
His debut was against Liverpool.

Unread 13-06-2022, 01:54 PM
Patty_b

Schmeichel was one of my favourite players as a kid. Left the club on top of the world and then ended up in a City shirt.

Dozy Danish #@&%!.

Unread 13-06-2022, 01:55 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
His debut was against Liverpool.
imagine some punctuation.

Unread 13-06-2022, 01:55 PM
andyroo

Mason Greenwood

Unread 13-06-2022, 02:00 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Schmeichel was one of my favourite players as a kid. Left the club on top of the world and then ended up in a City shirt.

Dozy Danish #@&%!.
It's hard not to picture him gooning after city scored in the derby. But the bloke did so much for us and was a genuine legend. Possibly the greatest GK I've ever seen and we had him for in his prime for 8 years.

Unread 13-06-2022, 02:01 PM
Chris Quayd

Four in a row and European domination was my expectation when we signed Veron

Unread 13-06-2022, 02:05 PM
NedKelly

Andy Carroll

Unread 13-06-2022, 02:12 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Four in a row and European domination was my expectation when we signed Veron
This.

Giuliano maiorana (read him in the programme and the 9 year old brain thinks new Maradona)
John curtis
Bojan djordic

Unread 13-06-2022, 02:15 PM
Pop

Dong.

Expected big things from him, huge enormous things

Unread 13-06-2022, 02:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Mal Donaghy. Left me stranded at the airport.

Unread 13-06-2022, 02:19 PM
Dasilvatwins

Tevez- type of player every club wants. He was determined, ran loads and was actually a very gifted footballer . The type the club needs currently actually. Once he left , onto the #@&%! list he went.

Unread 13-06-2022, 05:26 PM
redhegemony

Oh my what list let's try a team

Gary Birtles
Ted McDougal
Neil Webb
Mark Bosnich
Morgan Schniderlin
Mkytaryan
Pogba
Lukaku
Jordi Cruyff
Jonny Sivabek

Unread 13-06-2022, 05:30 PM
92ToBury

A team. Hmmm.

Taibi
Wan Bissaka
Maguire
Bailly
Telles
Sanchez
Di Maria
Pogba
Veron
Sanchez
Birtles

Subs:
Bosnich, Brazil, Falcao, Kleberson, Djemba, Jones

Unread 13-06-2022, 05:58 PM
redhegemony

Sanchez, Di Maria, Pogba the unholy Trinity

Unread 13-06-2022, 06:19 PM
NedKelly

I’ll tell you who really disappointed me - Schweinsteiger. I was hopeful that, as he’d never been a particularly pacey player and his game didn’t revolve so much around that anyway, that he’d have at least a couple of seasons in him with us. He was rubbish, think the most I can remember him doing is pointing and looking fat and sweaty.

Then he started going to tennis games and it annoyed me even more because it looked like he had a crap attitude along with being shit in general.

Never trust Bayern again.

Unread 13-06-2022, 06:24 PM
est.1878

Is there a way of isolating on Wikipedia every single transfer we've done since rvp

Unread 13-06-2022, 07:10 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Oh my what list let's try a team

Gary Birtles
Ted McDougal
Neil Webb
Mark Bosnich
Morgan Schniderlin
Mkytaryan
Pogba
Lukaku
Jordi Cruyff
Jonny Sivabek
Schniderlin was a huge disappointment. I had high hopes for him but I just couldn’t believe how poor he was.

Hargreaves was another massive disappointment. He had everything to be an outstanding player. How his career went after we won the Champions League in 2008 beggared belief
Closed Thread