United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-05-2016, 10:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I didn't like the way he went about things under van gaal. Came across as a proper snide bastard. Get the impression that he fundamentally didn't agree with what van gaal was doing (fair enough) but chose to undermine him rather than have it out and as necessary resign from the post.

I'm joining a lot of dots up here I know but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him and I get the impression that he was important in the downfall. The root cause remains van gaal but he wasn't helped by the boss eyed snide.
While we are @#%&!ing off our record appearance holder I would add that the Norwich game at OT when he went and stood on the touchline for the final minutes was ultimate snide. Masterful act of disassociation right when shit was getting deep.

There's no way he should have stayed last summer if he was at such odds with LvG's crew.

Unread 24-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i would be pleased. he's a united legend and has been there and done it as a number 2.

i don't really understand this calling club legends @#%&!s palaver just because they have the temerity to find work at another club and/or cheer if their new team scores against us. seems a bit pathetic.
Agree with this 100% - however I'd draw the line at singing his name just after he's gooned down the touchline at city winning the league, as happened at FC. I know he's just doing his job and we all know he's a red, but... that just felt too weird.

Unread 24-05-2016, 10:09 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Agree with this 100% - however I'd draw the line at singing his name just after he's gooned down the touchline at city winning the league, as happened at FC. I know he's just doing his job and we all know he's a red, but... that just felt too weird.
yep......plus his comments when we won the league in 2013

he made his choice no coming back not now

Unread 24-05-2016, 10:12 PM
saffers

Would love it, welcome home Kiddo

Unread 24-05-2016, 10:14 PM
S/Side.Red

You can imagine Mou being wary of the Co92 but he usually gets someone steeped in the history of the club on his staff

Might be time to bring 'Butch' Wilkins home.

Unread 24-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

as if united would have £#%&!ing kidd back, jesus christ where does this shit come from

and as if LVG would be forced to work with giggs either - if he didn't want to he wouldn't have, simple as that. you lot are £#%&!ing mental

Unread 24-05-2016, 10:26 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Would love it, welcome home Kiddo

welcome to a care home you @#%&!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
as if united would have £#%&!ing kidd back, jesus christ where does this shit come from
this ffs

more chance of Eddie Kidd tbh

Unread 25-05-2016, 12:08 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

and as if LVG would be forced to work with giggs either - if he didn't want to he wouldn't have, simple as that. you lot are £#%&!ing mental
I assume your view was that it was a fully functioning supportive partnership between the two then? Fair enough, I don't agree. I just think that there was enough evidence to suggest that it was more a marriage of convenience rather than anything else.

As I've said before though, I don't give the Gigg's van gaal thing a huge amount of weight in the overall failure of van Gaal. It was just unhelpful.

Unread 25-05-2016, 01:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
As I've said before though, I don't give the Gigg's van gaal thing a huge amount of weight in the overall failure of van Gaal. It was just unhelpful.
I can imagine that with Van Gaal and his staff's confrontational and ultra demanding style, it could have benefited from a good link to the players through the assistant. When that assistant, who has the good relationship with the players, is seen as as someone who disagrees with the regime, it's a completely self-defeating thing.

Again, it's not blaming Giggs at all. But really him being in that role probably made little sense and should have been addressed if so.

Mourinho I think is no less demanding but is more pally with the players (or used to be) so perhaps it wouldn't be as big of an issue.

Unread 25-05-2016, 02:02 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

this ffs

more chance of Eddie Kidd tbh

£#%&! me; you're getting a bit long in the sporran mate.

Unread 25-05-2016, 02:55 AM
Stickman

No ta

Unread 25-05-2016, 05:01 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You can imagine Mou being wary of the Co92 but he usually gets someone steeped in the history of the club on his staff

Might be time to bring 'Butch' Wilkins home.

Think we've had enough of going backwards and sideways

Unread 25-05-2016, 07:08 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I say £#%&! off Kiddo hth

Lids and Citeh...£#%&!ing tit...him not you
Oh yeah I was just reminding myself of the song.... why on earth would we want him back, and why would he come back? He's made his bed, he can lie in it with that bald fraud.

Unread 25-05-2016, 08:05 AM
dunk

Have City binned him?

Unread 25-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I assume your view was that it was a fully functioning supportive partnership between the two then? Fair enough, I don't agree. I just think that there was enough evidence to suggest that it was more a marriage of convenience rather than anything else.

you assume sillyly then, since how could it be a "fully functioning" partnership when giggs had never encountered a way of working that was anything quite like van gaal's? giggs has had to learn it from scratch and train the players as he goes and still have the banter with players most of whom he knows very well and most of whom had also never encountered such a regime before.

most agree van gaal is a straight-talking kind of guy - for example s/side does absolutely, and i do by and large even though he clearly bullshits as well to make sure as much of the criticism as possible is aimed at himself. he has pointedly stated that he was more than happy with the support he got from his managerial staff.

the reality is that van gaal is a top class proven winner across europe and if he didn't want to work with giggs he wouldn't have agreed to do it just for the sake of managing united. he could have taken the spurs job, for example. he bought into the idea of mentoring giggs. he revealed this already publicly from early on in his 3 year stint, i believe. the idea of dismissing all of this in favour of local tittle-tattle does amuse me greatly though.

Unread 25-05-2016, 08:38 AM
My Name is Keith

Amazed that you can ignore what were quite obvious public signs of a disconnect (either directly or through his pals network).

Anyway, agree to disagree as I can't be arsed trying to agree a point neither of us can prove.

Personally, I hope Gigg's isn't involved in Jose's back room staff - would quite like him involved in the academy or summat - a snide free role.

Unread 25-05-2016, 08:58 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Amazed that you can ignore what were quite obvious public signs of a disconnect (either directly or through his pals network).

Anyway, agree to disagree as I can't be arsed trying to agree a point neither of us can prove.

Personally, I hope Gigg's isn't involved in Jose's back room staff - would quite like him involved in the academy or summat - a snide free role.
agree to disagree for the reason you gave

would point to the clearly improving performance on the field in the 2nd half of season 2 and the fact they could often be seen discussing the game amongst the 3 of them as evidence to back my view up. would also point to the banter they had between them. the hugs , and van gaal's statement.

not interested in the tittle-tattle one bit, although maybe if someone can point to even one example that was specifically intended to undermine van gaal i'd be surprised. if you're referring to commentaries from ex-players then give your head a wobble

Unread 03-07-2016, 06:26 PM
saffers

Kiddo and Pogba back in the fold, stay frosty Ferie

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...jose-mourinho/

Unread 03-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Ethers

Would be a great move.

Unread 03-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Clarkie

Jesus...

Fergie would go apeshit....He's been unusually quiet
Closed Thread