United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-11-2016, 10:39 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Never broken my toe , but have my arms a few times and you knew straight away something was up.

What gave it away?

Unread 11-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

What gave it away?
tbf that statement is spot on...

once smashed my collar bone on the corner of a transit van going over the handlebars of a bike and knew something was quite wrong when i could hardly get my shirt on next day...

went to x-ray the day after that cus pain was starting to get beyond a joke and turned out it was a clean break and the bones were split by over a centimetre... started to hurt even more after i saw the pics...

Unread 11-11-2016, 11:04 AM
AK14

It just tickled me a little

'When I broke my arm I knew straight away something wasn't quite right'

Unread 11-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Tiberian

You can walk, or hobble, on a broken toe. Playing top level professional sport against the best in the country is a different challenge altogether.

If Smalling or someone close to him released this news I can not be surprised. Played through an injury at Chelsea, then a few weeks later chucked under the bus.

Forget the individual and ask if this attitude towards injuries from Mourinho is healthy. I want the players to be tougher, mostly on the mental side of the game but not a situation where players are trying to play when they are not ready and their inclusion negatively impacts the team and their long term fitness.

Unread 11-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
You can walk, or hobble, on a broken toe. Playing top level professional sport against the best in the country is a different challenge altogether.

If Smalling or someone close to him released this news I can not be surprised. Played through an injury at Chelsea, then a few weeks later chucked under the bus.

Forget the individual and ask if this attitude towards injuries from Mourinho is healthy. I want the players to be tougher, mostly on the mental side of the game but not a situation where players are trying to play when they are not ready and their inclusion negatively impacts the team and their long term fitness.
so what you're saying is that smalling is a mouse and was too scared to say no...

instead of being honest with the manager he chose to be a martyr.

so psychologically disturbed was he that the first time the ball came to him he ran away from it and let chelsea score.

he then decided to do that thing he does all the time even when all his toes are just fine - leave his man wide open at a corner - and chelsea scored again.

but yeah, bad jose.

Unread 11-11-2016, 11:22 AM
THEOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
I fail to see what a broken toe has to do with being constantly caught out of position, not being able to read a game and being a complete @#%&!.
This

Unread 11-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so what you're saying is that smalling is a mouse and was too scared to say no...

instead of being honest with the manager he chose to be a martyr.

so psychologically disturbed was he that the first time the ball came to him he ran away from it and let chelsea score.

he then decided to do that thing he does all the time even when all his toes are just fine - leave his man wide open at a corner - and chelsea scored again.

but yeah, bad jose.
You are psychologically disturbed when it comes to Smalling mate.

Unread 11-11-2016, 11:30 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
You are psychologically disturbed when it comes to Smalling mate.
it's not my fault he's shit.

did his toe really stop him intercepting that through ball?

did his toe really make him lose his man at a corner like he so often does?

Unread 11-11-2016, 11:38 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's not my fault he's shit.

did his toe really stop him intercepting that through ball?

did his toe really make him lose his man at a corner like he so often does?
It is very possible he might have made the same mistakes even fully fit, especially with how abysmal the rest of the team was and how little protection the back 4 were given from midfield. I doubt playing with an injury helped though, and despite that he is being called a weak @#%&!, he tried to play with a couple of injections. Perhaps he should have been smarter, not a mouse, and told Mourinho no, but we have seen the reaction that gets.

Move it beyond Smalling Throb, what do you make of this stance from Mourinho on injuries?

Beyond the pair of them by the way this situation reflects extremely poorly on the medical team at Utd, toe broken in 2 places and they do not spot it for weeks and try to manage it with injections? Not Good.

Unread 11-11-2016, 11:46 AM
andyroo

Maybe we should sign Victor Moses. He supposes his toeses are roses.

But Moses supposes erroneously.

Unread 11-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
It is very possible he might have made the same mistakes even fully fit, especially with how abysmal the rest of the team was and how little protection the back 4 were given from midfield. I doubt playing with an injury helped though, and despite that he is being called a weak @#%&!, he tried to play with a couple of injections. Perhaps he should have been smarter, not a mouse, and told Mourinho no, but we have seen the reaction that gets.

Move it beyond Smalling Throb, what do you make of this stance from Mourinho on injuries?

Beyond the pair of them by the way this situation reflects extremely poorly on the medical team at Utd, toe broken in 2 places and they do not spot it for weeks and try to manage it with injections? Not Good.
it was 30 seconds into the game mate

mourinho's stance on injuries? i agree with him 100%. they're all men, they need to man up. this includes being honest.

if smalling felt he wasn't up to it he should have signalled to the bench early on in the game. why didn't he? you can't have people trying to hide on the pitch.

Unread 11-11-2016, 02:13 PM
Crumps

I've played 2 matches with a broken foot, I was awesome as I couldn't walk but was fine running. It swelled up and went black.

Unread 11-11-2016, 05:46 PM
red in cumbria

Its now being denied Smalling has a broken toe after all

Unread 11-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Its now being denied Smalling has a broken toe after all
By who?

Unread 11-11-2016, 07:19 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Maybe we should sign Victor Moses. He supposes his toeses are roses.

But Moses supposes erroneously.
You didn't read that back before posting, did you?

Unread 11-11-2016, 08:09 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
You didn't read that back before posting, did you?
I'd forgotten I had tbh. Wish I hadn't.

Unread 11-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Pop

Looks a bad one tbf

Unread 11-11-2016, 08:11 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
By who?
The Club according to Sky

Unread 12-11-2016, 02:06 AM
Mr Kaboom

Conveniently disguised absence from football ?
Closed Thread