United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2016, 12:02 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

He was adequate,

Our standards have been set so £#%&!ing low the last 3 years that not being a complete bucket of £#%&! ups makes someone a player, that's all it is. I remember the shit haired @#%&! looking unplayable for Everton before I saw him week in week out. If the qualification for being a United midfielder is not being a walking pinball bumper then yeah he finally managed it after 3 years.

Unread 20-08-2016, 12:03 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Says a lot about him that a game in which he merely didn't £#%&! up gets this reaction.
I'd still have him out of here as soon as possible

Unread 20-08-2016, 01:35 PM
Sufferin Succotash

He wasn't shit but did absolutely nothing of note. If any other player had produced that performance it would have been completely ignored. Still a marked improvement on what we are used to but it's insane how people are saying he was "excellent".

Unread 20-08-2016, 01:40 PM
barca99

I dont get the hate for him on here. Even in his shittest of shit @#%&! phases he was doing more than the other shit @#%&!s but gets singled out.

Plenty to offer, must be a nightmare to play against I think he will play an important role.

Thats not me saying he should start every game btw....

Unread 20-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufferin Succotash
He wasn't shit but did absolutely nothing of note. If any other player had produced that performance it would have been completely ignored. Still a marked improvement on what we are used to but it's insane how people are saying he was "excellent".
I think that's unfair, he did plenty of note for the
Position he played. He mopped everything up, his distribution was good, he was tough in the tackle without being reckless and he brought the ball forward confidently when needed.

Whether that translates to 'excellent' might be a bit much but he basically did everything expected of him in the role. As he did at Bournemouth.

If he plays well, he plays well. He's a United player and I want him to do that. He's there on merit right now.

Unread 20-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Mourinho has worked wonders with the shitc***s so far.
Has simplified his game, just there as a spoiler, to break up attacks and give the ball to the closest player. Moyes tried him as a deep lying playmaker and LVG based much of the attack around him. Limited player needs a limited role, happy not to see him breaking up our moves on the edge of the box.

Unread 20-08-2016, 01:50 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Position he played. He mopped everything up, his distribution was good, he was tough in the tackle without being reckless and he brought the ball forward confidently when needed.

Whether that translates to 'excellent' might be a bit much but he basically did everything expected of him in the role. As he did at Bournemouth.

If he plays well, he plays well. He's a United player and I want him to do that. He's there on merit right now.

i jose's teams he has always had someone that has played this role. Fellers has done a fantastic job this season

Unread 20-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Has simplified his game, just there as a spoiler, to break up attacks and give the ball to the closest player. Moyes tried him as a deep lying playmaker and LVG based much of the attack around him. Limited player needs a limited role, happy not to see him breaking up our moves on the edge of the box.
Very true. He looks happy to do it too. He seems more comfortable, which in turn is giving him the confidence to play better.

Unread 20-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Sufferin Succotash

Quote:

He's there in the shop window right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
How many proper clubs have a "spoiler" in the team with such a limited skill set? I see the point of having someone to break up the play but you can find those players who can also play a bit (Vidal, Kante, etc).

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
He's there in the shop window right now.

How many proper clubs have a "spoiler" in the team with such a limited skill set? I see the point of having someone to break up the play but you can find those players who can also play a bit (Vidal, Kante, etc).
But he's not his player. If he'd sign him for that purpose, then fair enough, but he's just utilising him as best he can. And it's working for now. That's really all that matters. For now.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:03 PM
ryanMUFC

Had another good game. Fellerz

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Sufferin Succotash

Quote:
But he's not his player. If he'd sign him for that purpose, then fair enough, but he's just utilising him as best he can. And it's working for now. That's really all that matters. For now.
Sure. Will be interesting to see what the team looks like post August 31st. There are still two or three players in that team last night that wont be in the squad let alone the first team come September.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:05 PM
Sparky***

Done alright hasn't he so far. funny how even the most limited players can look half decent when you get them to play to their strengths.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Sure. Will be interesting to see what the team looks like post August 31st. There are still two or three players in that team last night that wont be in the squad let alone the first team come September.
I don't think there will mate. Don't expect any of that eleven to leave in this window. They wouldn't be starting if they were.

Who do you think will leave?

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Sufferin Succotash

Quote:
I don't think there will mate. Don't expect any of that eleven to leave in this window. They wouldn't be starting if they were.

Who do you think will leave?
Don't think Mata is safe. Don't think Rooney is either - although squeezing him out before September is obviously a little too early for Mou. Fellaini will go if a decent offer comes in - that's pretty much common knowledge.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:13 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Don't think Mata is safe. Don't think Rooney is either - although squeezing him out before September is obviously a little too early for Mou. Fellaini will go if a decent offer comes in - that's pretty much common knowledge.
rooney is the captain he is not leaving nqat

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:15 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
An outside minor chance that he might sell Mata, but given he's started over a £25m signing, it's unlikely.

He likes Fellaini. He's said as much. No chance he leaves.

And you really think he's going to sell Wayne Rooney in the next fortnight?

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Sufferin Succotash

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
rooney is the captain he is not leaving nqat
Rooney's gotten subbed every single game we've played since his testimonial. He's been taken off penalties, corners, free kicks, etc. Unless he pulls something out of the hat ( ) then he'll be starting games on the bench very VERY soon.

Quote:
An outside minor chance that he might sell Mata, but given he's started over a £25m signing, it's unlikely.

He likes Fellaini. He's said as much. No chance he leaves.

And you really think he's going to sell Wayne Rooney in the next fortnight?
These team selections mean nothing. Do you think he honestly prefers Blind to Smalling? Or Fellaini to Carrick? Or Mata to Miki?

Fellaini isn't in his long term plans. He wont be given a new contract.

I just said that Rooney won't be sold this window. But he won't be starting games soon.

Unread 20-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Rooney's gotten subbed every single game we've played since his testimonial. He's been taken off penalties, corners, free kicks, etc. Unless he pulls something out of the hat ( ) then he'll be starting games on the bench very VERY soon.
He was never on penalties duties. Three players have taken penalties since he last did.

The media loves that one too.

The 'eight players culled' nonsense never happened and ridiculous amounts of people adding 2+2 to get 5 regarding departures.

Can't see any major departures other than maybe Young or a Depay on loan or something. Nobody who is regularly.

And not should he. He's got a good balance as it is. A few months to assess the squad and bin a few off for higher fees to desperate clubs in January.

Unread 20-08-2016, 03:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
These team selections mean nothing. Do you think he honestly prefers Blind to Smalling? Or Fellaini to Carrick? Or Mata to Miki?

Fellaini isn't in his long term plans. He wont be given a new contract.

I just said that Rooney won't be sold this window. But he won't be starting games soon.
Not really. If any players had *no* future in JM's plans, he wouldn't be playing them (cf Basti)

Good chance this will be Fellaini's last season at United, ditto Mata, maybe even Rooney. That wasn't the line you were pushing originally, though.
Closed Thread