United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 15-06-2023, 12:38 PM
Patty_b

Default Marcus Rashford

What a player. Forgot how good some of his goals last season were.

Praying to the footballing gods he can stay fit next season.

40+ goals is a realistic possibility if he does.

Unread 15-06-2023, 12:50 PM
believe

Reminds me of the Rooney/Ronaldo situation a little bit. If we can get a “Rooney” who will chip in with the goals and do the work to allow Rashford to do what he does he could genuinely become one the best players in the world.

Don’t want to turn this in to a Kane thread but he would transform the team from the goalkeeper position right though to Rashford. What Rashford has managed to do so far is remarkable considering the reliance on him. Relieve him of that reliance and he’ll be unstoppable.

Unread 15-06-2023, 12:52 PM
Dr Stranger

Tailed off towards the end of the season and still has games where he brainlessly runs into shins, but that spell around Christmas and new year he was unplayable.

This season felt like the first season where his output matched his ability.

Massive season for him now. He’s got to back it up. Do it again next season and he’ll deservedly be labelled one of the best in the world.

Amazing turnaround after last season.

Unread 15-06-2023, 12:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Reminds me of the Rooney/Ronaldo situation a little bit. If we can get a “Rooney” who will chip in with the goals and do the work to allow Rashford to do what he does he could genuinely become one the best players in the world.

Don’t want to turn this in to a Kane thread but he would transform the team from the goalkeeper position right though to Rashford. What Rashford has managed to do so far is remarkable considering the reliance on him. Relieve him of that reliance and he’ll be unstoppable.

I'm interested to hear the thoughts of Marlo and Waffles*

*I'm not

Unread 15-06-2023, 12:54 PM
dunk

Quote:

He’s not going to exorcise the demons in de Gea no matter how many goals he scores.

Unread 15-06-2023, 12:57 PM
Ethers

I absolutely love the guy, and he had an incredible season. I don’t really feel he’s a 40 goals a season kind of forward though, he doesn’t score enough ‘shit’ goals. Which is no criticism at all. As Bellers says, we could really do with someone to take some of the goal scoring strain off him. It’s unrealistic to expect him to pull worldies out of his arse every 5 minutes.

Unread 15-06-2023, 12:59 PM
atticusgrinch

He had a great spell of 10-12 weeks where everything he hit went in.

Ultimately, he’s not a good enough number 9, and I doubt he’s creative/intelligent/unselfish/consistent enough to play off the left long term. As a starter anyway.

Ruud was an amazing striker. On a different planet to Rashford. We were a better team when he left.

Unread 15-06-2023, 01:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
He had a great spell of 10-12 weeks where everything he hit went in.

Ultimately, he’s not a good enough number 9, and I doubt he’s creative/intelligent/unselfish/consistent enough to play off the left long term. As a starter anyway.

Ruud was an amazing striker. On a different planet to Rashford. We were a better team when he left.
If rashford continues how he has played this season he should be the long term LW . Nothing to suggest he isn’t the long term LW/inside forward for us

Unread 15-06-2023, 01:03 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Circumstances surrounding particular limitations of the teams are entirely different.

Unread 15-06-2023, 01:03 PM
Dr Stranger

We need more goals through the team. If he can consistently hit 20-25 every season, which he’s capable of, then that is fine if others are hitting 10-15. We dominated the 90s and rarely had players scoring 30+ goals.

Bruno should be getting close to 20
Garnacho should be 10+
Same for Sancho
Any new striker should be getting 15-20

Antony, Eriksen, Martial (if he stays) should all have more than they did this season. Mount should be 10+ if he signs.

Unread 15-06-2023, 01:49 PM
Vedder

The Arsenal goal when he chopped the ball through Partey’s legs and @#%&!ted it in

Unread 15-06-2023, 01:56 PM
Finport Red

Thumbs up

Quote:

Agree with this.

Unread 15-06-2023, 02:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Love that West Ham header.

Unread 15-06-2023, 02:47 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I absolutely love the guy, and he had an incredible season. I don’t really feel he’s a 40 goals a season kind of forward though, he doesn’t score enough ‘shit’ goals. Which is no criticism at all. As Bellers says, we could really do with someone to take some of the goal scoring strain off him. It’s unrealistic to expect him to pull worldies out of his arse every 5 minutes.
Before last season I would absolutely agree, but after last season he looked like the sort of player that you want to be getting on the end of anything at every opportunity. Lot of strikers goals last season, and them headers were class.

Like Bellers said, if we can get someone who can free him up and add something that would produce more quality for him to attack, i reckon he can target 40 if he stays fit.

A couple of seasons ago I bet a few would have said he'd struggle to break 20 in a season, I bet more would have said he couldn't get 30. I reckon he could do it.

Unread 15-06-2023, 03:20 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Worth noting that was only his joint record league goal season .. so he was simply doing again in the league what he’s already done before. As with Shaw, the issue has been multi-season consistency. We’ll see if ETH breeds that in him

Unread 15-06-2023, 03:42 PM
browser

Mental watching that and seeing Ronaldo in the team for some clips. This season was about 3 years long.

Unread 20-06-2023, 04:31 AM
westcoastvan

£375,000 a week!!!

They are going to pay him the same amount as Haaland and more than Salah???

He hasn't even scored 20 goals yet let alone close to 30, and he's already making more than Harry Kane!

Joel Glazer must be one daft £#%&!!

I've never seen a club run so badly. It makes no fiscal sense. Rashford must be on his last contract year, and their desperate to keep him??? My only guess.

Unread 20-06-2023, 05:21 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
£375,000 a week!!!

They are going to pay him the same amount as Haaland and more than Salah???

He hasn't even scored 20 goals yet let alone close to 30, and he's already making more than Harry Kane!

Joel Glazer must be one daft £#%&!!

I've never seen a club run so badly. It makes no fiscal sense. Rashford must be on his last contract year, and their desperate to keep him??? My only guess.
Wasn’t he already on a big contract? It’s not like he’s going to take a pay cut. 25 year old coming into his prime, on the back of his best scoring season. There’d be a queue of takers if he was on the market. I’m agree the money is crazy and I also think he’s still got much to develop, but I’m also glad he’ll be doing it at the club that raised him

Unread 20-06-2023, 06:14 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Wasn’t he already on a big contract? It’s not like he’s going to take a pay cut. 25 year old coming into his prime, on the back of his best scoring season. There’d be a queue of takers if he was on the market. I’m agree the money is crazy and I also think he’s still got much to develop, but I’m also glad he’ll be doing it at the club that raised him
I like him, and I'm happy that he is staying, but....

Despite this year, his performance doesn't justify that kind of salary.

He hasn't even scored 20 goals yet, and the club wants to put his salary on par with Haaland? Makes no sense.

Unread 20-06-2023, 07:13 AM
Ethers

Who gives a £#%&! about Halaand? How is that relevant?

He presumably thinks he deserves as much as De Gea and Sancho. Hard to argue with that tbh