United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-06-2018, 06:21 AM
flixton

Unread 25-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Sparky***

I'm sure the usual suspects are waiting in the wings for England to lose so they can rub it in for people having the temerity to celebrate their country winning at the world cup. How very dare they.

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:03 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Yep. Slowly feeling the rumble of the middle class Henmaniac types getting right behind Harry and the boys now they’ve given Johnny Foreigner a damn good thrashing. Hate those @#%&!s.

Panama could’ve scored £#%&!ing four today. As edifying as it was to see England playing some nice fluid football at a tournament, the defence is a bit shite. Plus Henderson and Loftus-Cheek/Alli against a quality midfield could be embarrassing. He’ll need to break out The Stare [SIZE="1"]TM
Agreed.

Harry Maguire is absolutely awful. Should be nowhere near the first XI.

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:14 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm sure the usual suspects are waiting in the wings for England to lose so they can rub it in for people having the temerity to celebrate their country winning at the world cup. How very dare they.
And rightly so. People are going mental cos they beat Panama ffs. It's the equivalent of United beating Gillingham in the FA Cup or something. The giddiness is completely disproportionate to what's been achieved.

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:17 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
And rightly so. People are going mental cos they beat Panama ffs. It's the equivalent of United beating Gillingham in the FA Cup or something. The giddiness is completely disproportionate to what's been achieved.
True.

It can't be denied that we are playing some good football though. May aswell enjoy it - especially for us, not often we get to see attacking football.

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Buck

No one is going mental. Most people crying "it's coming home" are doing it tongue in cheek. The £#%&!ing stadium played that song after every goal ffs.

England will probably be knocked out by the first decent side they face. But in the past it's been games against lesser sides they have froze. If that was Big Sam England would have drawn 0-0 with qualification in the air. Clean sheet tho so swings and roundabouts :mourinho:

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:20 AM
AK14

Kane is now England’s joint second top scorer at a World Cup

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:24 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
True.

It can't be denied that we are playing some good football though. May aswell enjoy it - especially for us, not often we get to see attacking football.
Couldn't care less about England. Whilst this squad isn't as hateful as previous incarnations, I just feel absolutely nothing when they score a goal - at least when they get beat it's funny.

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:27 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Couldn't care less about England. Whilst this squad isn't as hateful as previous incarnations, I just feel absolutely nothing when they score a goal - at least when they get beat it's funny.
why are you starting threads on it then if you feel so strongly ?

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:32 AM
shenwen

Quote:
I also like the team and manager. Refreshing. But many years of apathy have made it hard to get too involved. As soon as Jessie went off, I stopped caring.

Also from what I’ve see so far, not been quite the feast of football some are suggesting. Long diagonal balls. Strong set pieces. Nervous defence. Tactically I can see the positives, but the football is just okay. Belgium were way more exciting to watch.

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:36 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
No one is going mental. Most people crying "it's coming home" are doing it tongue in cheek. The £#%&!ing stadium played that song after every goal ffs.

England will probably be knocked out by the first decent side they face. But in the past it's been games against lesser sides they have froze. If that was Big Sam England would have drawn 0-0 with qualification in the air. Clean sheet tho so swings and roundabouts :mourinho:
I'm not so sure you know.

The so called, big teams, have looked pretty shit Belgium aside. I don't think there is anyone England will fear facing and nor should they.

That said, Belgium will beat us on Thursday,

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:38 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
why are you starting threads on it then if you feel so strongly ?

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I'm not so sure you know.

The so called, big teams, have looked pretty shit Belgium aside. I don't think there is anyone England will fear facing and nor should they.

That said, Belgium will beat us on Thursday,
Germany will blitz us

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:48 AM
andyroo

Actually the England supporters have been quite level-headed and good-humoured, it's not every day you win 6-1 at a world cup however shit the opposition, why not enjoy it?

Rather annoying actually. I prefer it when they act like @#%&!s so I can sneer at them.

Unread 25-06-2018, 10:54 AM
My Name is Heath

I am a huge fan of Rashford and Lingard.

For me, they are what keeps me passionate about football.

Local lads, up through the ranks - representing their country and seem good lads.

I really like them and buzz to see them do well.

I like a lot of the other players too - especially Kane, Trippier, Stones, Maguire. Hell - I really admire Henderson for how he has dragged his career up to being a legit WC midfielder and CL final captain. I'm not 12. I'm impressed by how he has done that.

I know that if our midfield comes up against Croatia's they'll be ripped apart. So what? Should we all stay home and just let the World Cup be limited to potential winners?

I enjoyed yesterday and thought we did well to stay cool in the face of some awful thuggery.

Unread 25-06-2018, 11:34 AM
dunk

Reckon Japan in the last 16 is England's best bet. Their set pieces would deffo cause Japan major problems.

How England handled Japan's passing and movement through CM would be interesting. Henderson all on his own isn't going to cut it.

1/4's and anything can happen, and would represent a good effort for this England side imo.

Unread 25-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Buck

Unread 25-06-2018, 12:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
England have won 1 game in the last 2 major tournaments before this. They didn’t even win a game in 2014

We’re constantly being told they’re shit (which they mostly are) and that they’ll get nowhere, so people are enjoying it while it lasts, like any other country would.

So what is it then? You need to make up your mind Because now you’re telling us that they shouldn’t get excited about beating Panama by a record score? Are they a good side that should have loftier ambitions then, or are they an poor team that is just seeing where they go?

What you want is for England to lose every game so you can go “ hahaha you’re shit, told you.” But when they don’t you want to blame the fans for celebrating.

In short, you’re a bit of a #@&%!.

Unread 25-06-2018, 12:57 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
England have won 1 game in the last 2 major tournaments before this. They didn’t even win a game in 2014

We’re constantly being told they’re shit (which they mostly are) and that they’ll get nowhere, so people are enjoying it while it lasts, like any other country would.

So what is it then? You need to make up your mind Because now you’re telling us that they shouldn’t get excited about beating Panama by a record score? Are they a good side that should have loftier ambitions then, or are they an poor team that is just seeing where they go?

What you want is for England to lose every game so you can go “ hahaha you’re shit, told you.” But when they don’t you want to blame the fans for celebrating.

In short, you’re a bit of a #@&%!.
Weird really, given it was Spurs fans who whined about the United>England banner on the Stretford End and got it taken down.

Unread 25-06-2018, 12:59 PM
est.1878

Talking

Page four todays metro - "you will always remember where you were when england beat panama 6-1". Dave snelson,25
Closed Thread