United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-06-2018, 01:55 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
When I was hitching across France I got to Lyon with a mad North African £#%&!er who was skinning up while flying down the motorway at 140 in his decrepit Renault. Was a great lift tbh.
didnt happen

Unread 22-06-2018, 02:07 PM
jem

plenty of time for mls when the legs have gone. l.a. is quite boring, but I guess you can take your own party wherever you are. would rather play in chile, tbh.

has to be a top league, so only spain or italy. spain's too hot. italy, then. juve, milan or roma. milan and turin a bit far from the coast, but milan isn't far from the lakes. a jem-led milan revival is on the cards.

Unread 22-06-2018, 02:10 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
plenty of time for mls when the legs have gone. l.a. is quite boring, but I guess you can take your own party wherever you are. would rather play in chile, tbh.

has to be a top league, so only spain or italy. spain's too hot. italy, then. juve, milan or roma. milan and turin a bit far from the coast, but milan isn't far from the lakes. a jem-led milan revival is on the cards.
Atlanta is the only team I'd play for in the us.

Unread 22-06-2018, 02:39 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Atlanta is the only team I'd play for in the us.
going for history, then? :0)

I've been to atlanta, but I can't remember what's there. coke world? what else?

Unread 22-06-2018, 02:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Magic City

Unread 22-06-2018, 02:43 PM
otbarney

I'd have trouble imagining I was a shit player tbh.
So it would have to be Liverpool, I could nip home for my dinner and when we played United, I'd score own goals on purpose.

Unread 22-06-2018, 02:44 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

they have amazing support. no idea what the city is like. very diverse apparently

Unread 22-06-2018, 02:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Bayern. English Garden and Lederhosen. What's not to like?

Unread 22-06-2018, 03:01 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Bayern. English Garden and Lederhosen. What's not to like?
germans and them being overly earnest

Unread 22-06-2018, 03:04 PM
croberts

Quote:
they have amazing support. no idea what the city is like. very diverse apparently

Unread 22-06-2018, 03:05 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts
i hear there are people in atlanta call football football not soccer...is that true?

Unread 22-06-2018, 03:15 PM
croberts

Quote:
i hear there are people in atlanta call football football not soccer...is that true?
It's a bit of a mix. I've had a ST since day one and you find proper football fans, people who are new to the game, and a huge latin/mexican contingent. My ticket is in the "Supporters Section" which is a general admission standing section right behind one of the goals. First come, first served, beer in seats. The club have basically said that section is not for the faint of heart, so no stewards, etc. Go in, and you know what to expect. Beer AOTS after every goal, massive flags, and the club encourage it.

Huge waiting list to get a ticket not only there, but anywhere in the stadium.

It has it's moments of cringe for sure, but you can't really knock a team in the USA that averages over 50K week in week out, and when they open the top tier of the stadium, get over 70K on a regular basis.

Unread 22-06-2018, 03:22 PM
armchair

Quote:
It's a bit of a mix. I've had a ST since day one and you find proper football fans, people who are new to the game, and a huge latin/mexican contingent. My ticket is in the "Supporters Section" which is a general admission standing section right behind one of the goals. First come, first served, beer in seats. The club have basically said that section is not for the faint of heart, so no stewards, etc. Go in, and you know what to expect. Beer AOTS after every goal, massive flags, and the club encourage it.

Huge waiting list to get a ticket not only there, but anywhere in the stadium.

It has it's moments of cringe for sure, but you can't really knock a team in the USA that averages over 50K week in week out, and when they open the top tier of the stadium, get over 70K on a regular basis.
yeah i got some vids in my youtube suggestions and they are now the only team for me

they need to get relegation/promotion going - any news on that?

Unread 22-06-2018, 03:26 PM
croberts

Quote:
yeah i got some vids in my youtube suggestions and they are now the only team for me

they need to get relegation/promotion going - any news on that?
Never will happen. The major problem I see is that the clubs a level down play in tiny stadiums (2-3K), so if they did get promoted, they wouldn't really be fit for the MLS.

I would love to see promotion/relegation, but I don't think it'll ever happen in this country.

Unread 22-06-2018, 03:29 PM
armchair

Quote:
Never will happen. The major problem I see is that the clubs a level down play in tiny stadiums (2-3K), so if they did get promoted, they wouldn't really be fit for the MLS.

I would love to see promotion/relegation, but I don't think it'll ever happen in this country.
I'm not sure I can play in a league without promotion/relegation

Unread 22-06-2018, 03:31 PM
croberts

Quote:
I'm not sure I can play in a league without promotion/relegation
Job security

Unread 22-06-2018, 04:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Bayern for me.
Yep, though arguably they should be part of the "big four".

Unread 22-06-2018, 05:28 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
germans and them being overly earnest
I quite like that. There's no chav Germans either. I think they were exterminated.

Unread 22-06-2018, 05:34 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I quite like that. There's no chav Germans either. I think they were exterminated.
also they are very literal about everything

as a professional footballer i don't think i could put up with that

Unread 23-06-2018, 01:54 PM
Part 36 Offer

I’d go to Juve or Munich I reckon. Or Monaco.

Or maybe Spurs 😱🤟🤟
Closed Thread