Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2018, 10:03 PM
red in cumbria

Well that was one of the worst games of the competition tbph

Unread 03-07-2018, 10:04 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Despite all the stick Russia got after its bid was chosen, it is a proper footballing country and the last few weeks have driven that home.

Now, let's remember what is happening in 2022
100% this

Been good and I've enjoyed it so far

Unread 03-07-2018, 10:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
100% this

Been good and I've enjoyed it so far
Not every game has been great - neither of today's were classics - but (again) just one goalless draw as we enter the QFs tells its own story

Unread 03-07-2018, 10:23 PM
Cream

Absolute shite, let's have it right.

Unread 04-07-2018, 12:11 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Absolute shite, let's have it right.
I must admit England's game was shite They beat probably the easiest team stil left in it.
Got roughed up and almost bottled it. They
Seriously need to up their game if there going to progress any further.
Let's see how they do against Sweden before we start banging on about it coming home.

Unread 04-07-2018, 01:17 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
They beat probably the easiest team stil left in it.

Colombia are better than Sweden or Russia shirley.

Unread 04-07-2018, 01:50 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Colombia are better than Sweden or Russia shirley.
Not for me. A couple of stars but absolute garbage team. They were awful in one of the easiest groups and just about scrapes through.
Japan group winners Ffs.

Sweden full but effective. Russia drugged to the eyeballs.

Unread 04-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Not for me. A couple of stars but absolute garbage team. They were awful in one of the easiest groups and just about scrapes through.
Japan group winners Ffs.

Sweden full but effective. Russia drugged to the eyeballs.
The same Japan (ffs) who could and should have beaten Belgium?

Unread 04-07-2018, 02:01 PM
TheFatGoth

It is disappointing how imbalanced the knock-out rounds are.

England have been so lucky with their group, fixtures, and knock out opponents.

Unread 04-07-2018, 05:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
It is disappointing how imbalanced the knock-out rounds are.

England have been so lucky with their group, fixtures, and knock out opponents.
The group was an absolute piece of piss, nqat.

Unread 04-07-2018, 06:17 PM
TheKitchenSink

Colombia have plenty of decent players. Unfortunately they didn't want to play football until the end, and ultimately paid the price. If they'd played properly the entire match I think they might have beaten us. They pretty much ruined what might otherwise have been a decent spectacle.

Unread 05-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Part 36 Offer

England are awful but I can see them limping their way to winning it.

Said Brazil all along but England’s path to the final is ridiculously easy.

Unread 05-07-2018, 10:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
Colombia have plenty of decent players. Unfortunately they didn't want to play football until the end, and ultimately paid the price. If they'd played properly the entire match I think they might have beaten us. They pretty much ruined what might otherwise have been a decent spectacle.
Kinda agree, although what they did nearly worked. I think you take James out and they suddenly see their defence as the strength: experienced keeper, two in-form centre halves and a full back who is off to Juve. So they decided to rely on that.

England might have to be a bit snide if they play Croatia. That midfield could make it a tiring game.

Incredible luck so far though with the draw, James injury etc. Very unlike England.

Unread 05-07-2018, 11:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

It's not ridiculously easy at all.

Croatia are a very good team.

Sweden have been pissing on people's chips this whole tournament and throughout qualifying, they are the reason why Holland and Italy aren't here!

Unread 05-07-2018, 11:09 PM
Buck

If France don't win Deschamps has to be thrown in the sea.

Pogba, Kante, Matuidi - that midfield has too much quality and energy for others. Then the depth on the bench is scary. After 60 minutes their game against Argentina resembled Year 11s picking on year 7s.

Unread 06-07-2018, 01:08 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's not ridiculously easy at all.

Croatia are a very good team.

Sweden have been pissing on people's chips this whole tournament and throughout qualifying, they are the reason why Holland and Italy aren't here!
come on mate, quit the wummingtons.

Path to the final - Colombia, Sweden Croatia as opposed to the other half of the draw currently consisting of Brazil, France, Belgium and Uruguay!!

We all get it, you’ve got St George in your heart, but please be realistic lad...

Unread 06-07-2018, 01:29 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Not sure they’ll ever get a chance like this again. Which means they’ll likely £#%&! it up.

Imagine being told before the tournament that the toughest game you’ll face to get to the final is a semi against Croatia? Hands would be bitten off.

Unread 06-07-2018, 03:16 AM
Stickman

Quote:
come on mate, quit the wummingtons.

Path to the final - Colombia, Sweden Croatia as opposed to the other half of the draw currently consisting of Brazil, France, Belgium and Uruguay!!

We all get it, you’ve got St George in your heart, but please be realistic lad...
Whilst im with you here, there's always a bit of a 'lads its England' feel to it.

I personally think you'll lose the final to Brazil and I also think Croatia would be a better draw than the hosts. Hosts tend to get so much rub and the ground would be white hot for Russia v England.

I hope England win it though, all day.

Unread 06-07-2018, 05:29 AM
puressence

office full of em cant wait for saturday booking next thursday already booked the monday its defo coming home ...

Unread 06-07-2018, 06:01 AM
ziggyman17

Sweden will beat England.. Croatia v Brazil final..
Closed Thread