dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I’m starting to worry that England could fluke this

It will be £#%&!ing awful
Not a £#%&!ing chance..

Unread 28-06-2018, 11:20 AM
Pop

I wouldn't mind the crowing the English media are doing if they had beaten anybody of note, but Tunisia and Panama? Even our womens team would beat them.

France, Spain, Croatia, Belgium, Brazil, Argentina, Ronaldo, Uruguay, can't really see England beating too many of them when the chips are down.

Unread 28-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not a £#%&!ing chance..
Exactly. England won't make it past the quarter finals, if they even get there.

Unread 28-06-2018, 01:13 PM
Zorg

This is going to be a total snoozefest.

Unread 28-06-2018, 01:16 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I wouldn't mind the crowing the English media are doing if they had beaten anybody of note, but Tunisia and Panama? Even our womens team would beat them.

France, Spain, Croatia, Belgium, Brazil, Argentina, Ronaldo, Uruguay, can't really see England beating too many of them when the chips are down.
Lose today and we face Senegal/Japan/Colombia and then Sweden to get to the semi finals. It'll never get easier than that.

Once you get to that stage of the competition all bets are off.

Unread 28-06-2018, 01:24 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Lose today and we face Senegal/Japan/Colombia and then Sweden to get to the semi finals. It'll never get easier than that.

Once you get to that stage of the competition all bets are off.
You're forgetting those teams would also rather play England than the others.

The current wave of hysteria cos they scraped past Tunisia and beat Panama is :

Unread 28-06-2018, 01:25 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
You're forgetting those teams would also rather play England than the others.

The current wave of hysteria cos they scraped past Tunisia and beat Panama is :
Of course they would.

The difference between finishing 1st and 2nd:

Unread 28-06-2018, 01:29 PM
My Name is Heath

Wouldn't fancy us v Croatia or Spain but it's not impossible to get to the semi.

Then - all bets are off.

Why?

Injuries, red cards etc. come into play.

Croatia best XI beats us - but take out their best 2 players and our best 2 and I think it gets closer.

It's a Brazil v England final for sure.

How do I know?

Because I stupidly booked a flight months ago JUST AS THE GAME KICKS OFF.

Unread 28-06-2018, 01:44 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This is going to be a total snoozefest.

Should be a great game imo both team nothing to lose and both will want to win

Unread 28-06-2018, 02:27 PM
Zorg

Lads, it's England.

Unread 28-06-2018, 02:31 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Lads, it's England.

I must admit - when I panic I think of the Croatian midfield against Henderson and relax.

Midfielders: Luka Modric (Real Madrid), Ivan Rakitic (Barcelona), Mateo Kovacic (Real Madrid), Milan Badelj (Fiorentina), Marcelo Brozovic (Inter Milan), Filip Bradaric (Rijeka )

Unread 28-06-2018, 02:33 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

People talking about England have only beaten Tunisia and Panama,and they'll struggle against Spain and Portugal who could only beat one each of Iran and Morocco, Argentina who've been dog shit, France who needed a deflected goal to beat Australia and have looked bang average and Belgium who've only beaten Tunisia and Panama.

Croatia against Argentina is the only team I'd say looked like it would definitely beat this England on their best day, the rest of them have looked very ordinary, even Brazil might have come unstuck against a better striker than that lump Serbia had up front, their keeper is woeful.

Not saying they will win it by any stretch and not honestly that arsed, but suggesting they're miles behind the best at this World Cup is a massive stretch.

Unread 28-06-2018, 02:34 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Filip Bradaric (Rijeka )
Dunno, but we should deffo be having a good look..

Unread 28-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Should be a great game imo both team nothing to win and both will want to lose
FTFY.

Brazil ffs. Absolute no brainer.

Reckon Vardy could go rogue on Gareth and try to bag a couple. He's that evil.

Unread 28-06-2018, 02:36 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
I like Germany and I like Germans so I’m sad they lost yesterday.
Completely understandable; they’re easy to like.

Unread 28-06-2018, 03:50 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Their popularity snowballed at the time of the third like.

Unread 28-06-2018, 05:06 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

I travelled extensively throughout Europe in the 80s and 90s and can only speak as i find. The West German people were always most welcoming particularly those in West Berlin which was one of my favourite places. i have really grown to hate the British media stereotypes pushed out about the German people as they're %@#$&!s.

I've no idea why they've gone out of the competition, so soon, i was only reading the other day that as a team they had a greater fear of loss than enjoyment of success.

Unread 28-06-2018, 07:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
but suggesting they're miles behind the best at this World Cup is a massive stretch
Its the psychology tho innit - we could easily do well as long as the pressure is off, but if it really looks like England *could* win.......

Unread 02-07-2018, 06:17 PM
otbarney

No reports of England fans fighting so far, so, are they behaving? Are they shit scared of the Russians? Or is there a media blackout?

Unread 02-07-2018, 06:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
No reports of England fans fighting so far, so, are they behaving? Are they shit scared of the Russians? Or is there a media blackout?
Or maybe the usual £#%&!ers who follow england about can't afford to get to russia and the experiences of being @#%&!ted all over Marseille by roided up Russian MMA hooligans didn't appeal too much.
Closed Thread