United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2018, 10:24 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
These are interesting and thougth provoking new ideas. I’ve not heard you mention this before. Can you expand?
The truth remains the truth.

Quote:
Except that the white man wouldnt allow that, eh? The racist and divisive system (TM Jammy Dodger) in the UKKK will stop at nothing to stamp on the black man* I don’t know how Sterling copes with the oppression
My post didn’t mention racism.

Unread 09-12-2018, 10:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
His work rate and positioning are his biggest virtues by a mile. If he were a reliable finisher Chelsea would have been chasing the game after 15 minutes.
He's brave too. Always shows for the ball and will keep trying to make things happen. Good close control too. The fact that he scored 18 league goals from a wide attacking area last season and still has improvements to make shows how many problems he causes.

Unread 09-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
expect people to go for the "get on the end of things" homophobic stuff...so i think we're making progress.

he's not the most talented finisher but he keeps on putting himself in those positions. most people would hide.

he's spot on about how the media treat a white kid buying a house versus a black kid.
Nah

Unread 10-12-2018, 12:15 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fair play to him. Remember in the summer when The Sun opened an article with "London's murder rate continues to soar this week, as Sterling unveiled his tattoo" He did well to keep quiet this long tbh.
I mean, that isn't even unconscious or unintentional is it?

Unread 10-12-2018, 11:22 AM
dunk

Unread 10-12-2018, 04:44 PM
windy waffles

Stan is a @#%&! but he, and Sterling who highlighted this, are spot on.

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:05 PM
Hands of Scone

One has started thirteen times for city, one hasn’t. Stan “Chip on shoulder” Collymore? You credulous £#%&!ing arseholes.

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Collymore may be all those things but it doesn't change the fact that racism runs through the UK press like a stick of Blackpool rock.
I would not deny any of that.

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Collymore may be all those things but it doesn't change the fact that racism runs through the UK press like a stick of Blackpool rock.
%@#$&!s.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.n...ching.amp.html

Some actual examples of racism in the press so you can compare and contrast.

“Ooh it’s so subtle you can hardly tell. But we can tell because we’re dead clever and can read the minds of journalists”.

Get some perspective.

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
One has started thirteen times for city, one hasn’t. Stan “Chip on shoulder” Collymore? You credulous £#%&!ing arseholes.
Foden hasn't started 13 games for City. He hasn't even started a single league game I don't think.

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Foden hasn't started 13 games for City. He hasn't even started a single league game I don't think.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Foden

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:37 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Appearances. Includes as sub.

He was on for a minute against us, that's one of those.

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Yeah that's just appearances. He hasn't started a league game, just come on thirteen times so far.

He's clearly the bigger talent of the two, but they've actually each started the same amount of games for City. Five, all of them in the cups.

Dunno what the situation was when each piece was published, but the difference really isn't big in that respect.

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Yeah that's just appearances. He hasn't started a league game, just come on thirteen times so far.

He's clearly the bigger talent of the two, but they've actually each started the same amount of games for City. Five, all of them in the cups.
Is he allowed buy a house?

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Appearances. Includes as sub.

He was on for a minute against us, that's one of those.
So what?

It’s irrelevant anyway. What evidence is there of racism? What’s racist about apart from a tortured analysis that imputes motive on no evidence. What evidence is there that there is even a ‘disparity’? Do you expect them to run exactly the same story with different names?

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:46 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Went to Stafford bingley hall in 1976

Passed through Stafford on a train

That was enough
And neither place is actually Cannock.

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:46 PM
no fun

Quote:
So what?

It’s irrelevant anyway. What evidence is there of racism? What’s racist about apart from a tortured analysis that imputes motive on no evidence. What evidence is there that there is even a ‘disparity’? Do you expect them to run exactly the same story with different names?
Ffs, your on a football forum not the front bench at minshull st

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:48 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Collymore is actually from there, isn't he?

Could explain much.
Born in Stone but moved there as a kid I think.

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
So what?

There's evidence of them being treated very differently. People think race plays a part. Is it an outrageous suggestion?

Unread 10-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Ffs, your on a football forum not the front bench at minshull st
So what? It’s still Idiots believing stuff with no justification and you’re digging me out for highlighting the fact that they’re talking shit?
Closed Thread