United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:14 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Your comprehension skills are seriously lacking.
Thread title - great comedy Man City moments

Post you replied to discussing city -
Plus the nice weather should have added to the numbers
As most have said its not realy been won just purchased.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Thread title - great comedy Man City moments

Post you replied to discussing city -
Plus the nice weather should have added to the numbers
As most have said its not realy been won just purchased.
See. Told you.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:15 PM
AK14

Quote:

The figure I was remembering was up to Jan when they bought Laporte. Of course, you add what we spent on Sanchez and it'd be miles closer.

My point being that United have done their level best to 'buy it' too and haven't even got close due to basically being a bit shit at it.
Wasn’t Sanchez a straight swap with Mikki? Or are we adding wages into the mix now?

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
My point being that United have done their level best to 'buy it' too and haven't even got close due to basically being a bit shit at it.
Apparently you’re the only person who doesn’t know what ‘purchased’ means when referring to city.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Wasn’t Sanchez a straight swap with Mikki? Or are we adding wages into the mix now?
No.

Quote:
Apparently you’re the only person who doesn’t know what ‘purchased’ means when referring to city.
Of course I do Jammy, I also understand that United are attempting to do the exact same thing. Badly.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:19 PM
AK14

Quote:
No.
No it wasn’t a swap?

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Of course I do Jammy, I also understand that United are attempting to do the exact same thing. Badly.
The only club who haven’t ‘bought’ the league is united with the busby babes. The term is different as applied to city. It could just as easily have been any other club. United are applying their own resources to the task, like every other club who aren’t city.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
The only club who haven’t ‘bought’ the league is united with the busby babes. The term is different as applied to city. It could just as easily have been any other club. United are applying their own resources to the task, like every other club who aren’t city.
It doesn't make the goal or the tactics any different. Over power the others with wealth. United have earned it, so have the moral high ground, but it feels empty chucking that moral superiority about when United are just sour that their spending has failed.

And if every league has been bought, why chuck that slur about if it's anything but sour grapes?

Just switching focus from the actual reason City have run roughshod over the league being very much in house with United.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:29 PM
andyroo

Leicester?

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

The figure I was remembering was up to Jan when they bought Laporte. Of course, you add what we spent on Sanchez and it'd be miles closer.
Ah yes i see we're including agents fees and stuff that only ever gets tallied up when United sign players? How silly of me...

well i'm sure If you added up everything they really spent on their players (including bungers, backhanders and agents fees) Then we'd actually be even further apart than we are now.

If you want to look at the real issue you have to take a look at the last decade as a whole.

As it stands since the sheikh took over City in 08 they've spent 1.3 billion on transfers

During that same period we've spent about 800m, the vast majority of which has been spent in the last 4 years as we try desperately to play catch up, even so we've still got a good half a billion to go before we even get anywhere near their spending over the last decade.

And that's not even taking into account what they've splurged on redoing the ground several times and then building that training complex that's the size of a small town.

The very fact that i'm having to type all this to a United fan should give you cause to go and give yourself a serious talking to.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ah yes i see we're including agents fees and stuff that only ever gets tallied up when United buy players? How silly of me...

well i'm sure If you added up everything they really spent on their players (including bungers, backhanders and agents fees) Then we'd actually be even further apart than we are now.

If you want to look at the real issue you have to take a look at the last decade as a whole.

As it stands since the sheikh took over City in 08 they've spent 1.3 billion on transfers

During that same period we've spent about 800m, the vast majority of which has been spent in the last 4 years as we try desperately to play catch up, even so we've still got a good half a billion to go before we even get anywhere near their spending over the last decade.

And that's not even taking into account what they've splurged on redoing the ground several times and then building that training complex that's the size of a small town.

The very fact that i'm having to type all this to a United fan should give you cause to go and give yourself a serious talking to.
dunk's argument is only about us, not them. Can we really be said to get much of a bang for our buck? We're still spending waaaaay over the odds for assets we don't have much of a clue about how to get the best out of. Pogba ffs.

Sure their project(ile vomit) is unprecedented but it doesn't excuse our own recklessness and shoddiness.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ah yes i see we're including agents fees and stuff that only ever gets tallied up when United sign players? How silly of me...

No. I'm just saying we have bunged him £30m instead of Arsenal. Still £30m spent isn't it.

You need to give yourself a talking to, because you're caught up in Jammy's hype and are missing my point.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:33 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
It doesn't make the goal or the tactics any different. Over power the others with wealth. United have earned it, so have the moral high ground, but it feels empty chucking that moral superiority about when United are just sour that their spending has failed.
In case you hadn’t noticed, Abu Dhabi have been chucking cash about since 2008. Fergie spent the first 5 years of that going on about no value whilst the pressure of the debt allowed a slow decline as key players aged. The glazers have been playing catch up since, but they’re discovering how hard it is to get something back once you’ve let it slip.

I’m not sour United’s spending has ‘failed’. Current manager has been here two seasons. Things take time.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:34 PM
andyroo

Maybe we're in their 2010 phase. Riddled with mercenary syndrome. Too many Nasris and not enough David Silvas.

Or maybe we're just a bit rubbish at the transfer market.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
No. I'm just saying we have bunged him £30m instead of Arsenal. Still £30m spent isn't it.

You need to give yourself a talking to, because you're caught up in Jammy's hype and are missing my point.
Seriously pal, you’re all over the shop. You’ve basically just said Sanchez was free in another thread

Have a beer and watch a movie or something.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:38 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
And if every league has been bought, why chuck that slur about if it's anything but sour grapes?
Because the ‘achievement’ isn’t city’s. It’s abhu dhabi’s. The vehicle they used to buy it was irrelevant. abu dhabi are a bottomless pit of cash making dodgy deals to cook the books.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Seriously pal, you’re all over the shop. You’ve basically just said Sanchez was free in another thread

Have a beer and watch a movie or something.
I said I wouldn't have taken one for free, not that one was free. Clearly it is you who is all over the place.

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:39 PM
AK14

Quote:
I said I wouldn't have taken one for free, not that one was free. Clearly it is you who is all over the place.
Ok pal

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Because the ‘achievement’ isn’t city’s. It’s abhu dhabi’s. The vehicle they used to buy it was irrelevant. abu dhabi are a bottomless pit of cash making dodgy deals to cook the books.
I don't care whose achievement it is, I care about United. Hence I'm more interested in what United are doing wrong than coming up with excuses about City's spending.

Quote:
Ok pal
See.

£#%&!ing hell

Unread 16-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
dunk's argument is only about us, not them. Can we really be said to get much of a bang for our buck? We're still spending waaaaay over the odds for assets we don't have much of a clue about how to get the best out of. Pogba ffs.

Sure their project(ile vomit) is unprecedented but it doesn't excuse our own recklessness and shoddiness.
They've signed much more expensive duds than we have, it's just that they can throw them aside and sign another 50 million quid player if they want because money is no object to them. They've spent 54 million quid on £#%&!ing goalkeepers in the last 2 years. Signed Claudio Bravo for 19 million then didn't fancy him so they spent 35 million on Ederson the next season.

30 million on willfried bony, 40 million on Mangala, 25 million on jesus navas, 20 million on Negredo, 18 million on jack rodwell etc etc etc.
Closed Thread