United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Clarkie

Exclamation Tom Cleverley Agrees New Deal

Quote:
Midfielder Tom Cleverley has agreed a new contract with Manchester United until 2019, the club have confirmed.

The English Midfielder revealed he had entered surprise talks with the club over a new deal in January when he became free to talk to other clubs with his existing contract due to run out in the summer.

Cleverley has been at United since arriving as a 12 year old in 2002 and had worked his way up to the first team in 2009, showing enough promise for an England U21 call up before making himself a regular at United and caps for the National Team followed.

Injuries and intermittent playing time interrupted progress with United and a difficult season under David Moyes and poor pre-season saw Van Gaal opt to send the young midfielder out on loan despite interest in a permanent deal from Everton.

Cleverley told the club's official site: "I'm delighted to have signed a new contract. I think it's exciting times for Manchester United, everyone can see there's more progress to be made and as a United fan I want to be a part of that"

"I came here as a 12 year old and it's been a difficult 18 months for me. I spoke with the boss at then end of the summer transfer window and he couldn't promise me game time, we both agreed that I needed to be playing week in week out to continue my development and that has happened at Villa. I've enjoyed being a regular and really feel my performances are back to a level United fans expect from a player like me."

Cleverley, 25, played a key part in United's 20th Premier League title in 2013. His partnership with Carrick offering the promise that Scholes' successor didn't need to come from an expensive signing.

Cleverley misses Saturday's match up between his loan club Villa and parent club United at Old Trafford due to League rules regarding loan moves. He will return to the club on July 1st following pre planned club holidays.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...t-with-man-utd

Completely stunned :shakehead:
Does this mean we won't be signing a new midfielder? Someone else is leaving? £#%&!ing hell

Mail, Telegraph and Express reporting it now too:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...lion-deal.html

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...nited-contract

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-contract.html

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:27 PM
saffers

Delete your account.

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Delete your account.
Couldn't help it.
Sorry

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Sparky***

It's after midday.

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:30 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's after midday.
was gonna say.
At least get your 'fool' done in the allocated time period ffs

piss poor:shakehead:

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:30 PM
Charlestown Rouge

It's actually one of his better posts - ironically, like Cleverley this lad started well but has served up sizeable volumes of dog turd since.

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's after midday.
April fools day, not april fools morning

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
It's actually one of his better posts - ironically, like Cleverley this lad started well but has served up sizeable volumes of dog turd since.
He's a fart in the wind. A high concentrate egg fart.
You never know where he's gonna pop up next but he will. And it will stink.

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Jethro

Absolute shambles.

Worthy of a temporary ban imo

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Absolute shambles.

Worthy of a temporary ban imo
£#%&! off!

It was a joke! Get a grip!

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:45 PM
hopkins

Jesus wept!

and to think I voted you for newcomer of the year :shakehead:

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:46 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
He's a fart in the wind. A high concentrate egg fart.
You never know where he's gonna pop up next but he will. And it will stink.
Are we still talking about Big Clevers here?

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
£#%&! off!

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:51 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
£#%&! off!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/joke

Quote:
noun
something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote

Unread 01-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Great news. Always good to have a core group of homegrown players from the youth system.

Unread 01-04-2015, 03:00 PM
forwardirektion

Can't believe that arsenal and liverpool agreed to this tbh

Unread 01-04-2015, 03:03 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Can't believe that arsenal and liverpool agreed to this tbh

Unread 01-04-2015, 03:22 PM
jem

I'd like to see what the fat goth thinks about this before putting on my banning shoes.

Unread 01-04-2015, 03:24 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
£#%&! off!

Unread 01-04-2015, 03:26 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'd like to see what the fat goth thinks about this before putting on my banning shoes.
A banning for an April fools joke?! Good God!
Closed Thread