De Gea

Jones -- Rio -- Vidic -- Evra

Carrick -- Fabregas

Mata

Rooney ---- Van Persie ---- Bale

Unread 26-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Sparky***

Oh please don't.

Not yet, i'm still recovering from that scintillating tactical masterclass from the negative one.

Unread 26-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Vedder

Dave

Evra Rio Vidic Fabio

Carrick Anderson

Zaha Shinji Rooney

Rvp

Unread 26-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Mr Castro

Rafael scored a beauty against them last year

Unread 26-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Rhodzy

Kagawa or bust. not really

Unread 26-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Jez Quigley

Same back 5

Front 6......

Valencia Carrick Anderson
Kagawa

Rooney RVP

Unread 26-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Jethro

Not too dissimilar to tonight. He's going to take the safe option for a good few games yet, it's going to be effective but frustrating.

Unread 26-08-2013, 10:50 PM
jem

expect we'll be buy mata, bale and fabregas, but play the same team, with giggs and young coming off the bench.

Unread 26-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
expect we'll be buy mata, bale and fabregas, but play the same team, with giggs and young coming off the bench.
This

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Aman27deep

Ffs. Shouldn't left this till tomorrow Neo. You know there's no medal for creating thread:. :'(

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Not Valencia. Not Jones. I can't handle watching those two down the right again so soon.

Unread 27-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Tumescent Throb

same team 5 yards deeper with rvp more isolated and a series of £#%&!ed up breakaways. hopefully valencia will win the match for us again like he did last season.

Unread 27-08-2013, 12:17 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not Valencia. Not Jones. I can't handle watching those two down the right again so soon.
I think for now with this tough run of fixtures we have to go with Valencia but we really need Fabio to play while his brother is out

With all due respect to Jones, he is like a big lumbering oaf when running down the wing trying to support Valencia.
Should only play at centre half or not at all

I genuinely believe we would have won tonight if Rafael was playing as there were so many good overlapping positions not exploited during the match by Jones

Apart from bringing in Fabio for Jones I'm not sure what changes we can make as Moyes is not going to drop Rooney for Kagawa and Kagawa can't do the defensive job that Moyes is asking from Welbeck

Unread 27-08-2013, 12:18 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
same team 5 yards deeper with rvp more isolated and a series of £#%&!ed up breakaways. hopefully valencia will win the match for us again like he did last season.

Unread 27-08-2013, 12:22 AM
MJ Ramone

Agree about Jones at rb, would love to see a better option used in the absence of Rafa. Not sure who that is though.

I think he'll go same again but I wouldn't be surprised to see Giggsy start.
They've started the season well tbf so it'll be a £#%&!ing tough game.

Unread 27-08-2013, 12:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Agree about Jones at rb, would love to see a better option used in the absence of Rafa. Not sure who that is though.

Fabio. As with Kagawa and Anderson, he's probably going to need a few games to prove himself and he won't get them until things have started to settle down a bit, games coming thick and fast and not quite as big as Chelsea/Liverpool/City etc.

Big DM still never won at OT.

Unread 27-08-2013, 12:27 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Yep. They'll be buzzing and ready to go against us as per. I'd take another draw.

Unread 27-08-2013, 12:44 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Fabio. As with Kagawa and Anderson, he's probably going to need a few games to prove himself and he won't get them until things have started to settle down a bit, games coming thick and fast and not quite as big as Chelsea/Liverpool/City etc.
Yep, it's definitely not the right game to throw Fabio in considering he hasn't pulled on a United shirt for so long.
Jones will give his all of course, but it just isn't his position. His crossing is dire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Yep. They'll be buzzing and ready to go against us as per. I'd take another draw.
Yeah, maybe...but I'd like to see us go for it. We're still crying out for a midfielder who gets beyond the front men. Cleverley played well tonight I thought but what a signing Fabregas would have been

Unread 27-08-2013, 12:47 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I think for now with this tough run of fixtures we have to go with Valencia but we really need Fabio to play while his brother is out

With all due respect to Jones, he is like a big lumbering oaf when running down the wing trying to support Valencia.
Should only play at centre half or not at all

I genuinely believe we would have won tonight if Rafael was playing as there were so many good overlapping positions not exploited during the match by Jones

Apart from bringing in Fabio for Jones I'm not sure what changes we can make as Moyes is not going to drop Rooney for Kagawa and Kagawa can't do the defensive job that Moyes is asking from Welbeck
If he doesn't trust someone like Fabio defensively in one-v-one situations, then at least stick Valencia at right back and play Kagawa. The Jones-Valencia combination down the right depresses me. There were several openings tonight, but they were so ineffective.

Unread 27-08-2013, 05:17 AM
Aman27deep

One thing you'll are forgetting, is that it's almost certain that we'll be making signing(s) before the match on Sunday.

Let's see who it is, and if it's someone good - then he'll be in the first team.
Closed Thread