United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-08-2013, 10:21 PM
carlosartorial

United's best player tonight. End of.

Unread 26-08-2013, 10:30 PM
ZiggyStardust

He was pretty good tonight considering he was out for so long but I'm not sure why people are raving about this performance

It was more perspiration than inspiration.

To me he just isn't creative enough in that role. Never seems to receive the ball on the half turn and rarely finds a penetrative pass

Unread 26-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
this.

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He was pretty good tonight considering he was out for so long but I'm not sure why people are raving about this performance

To me he just isn't creative enough in that role. Never seems to receive the ball on the half turn and rarely finds a penetrative pass
That was true of the team as a whole.

Still, when you compare Rooney's display tonight with his totally disgraceful (non) performance in last season's opener........

Just possibly, Motes has something about him after all

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:08 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Moyes has lost my backing, official.

Rooney will be a disgrace tonight and they made the right call going with no striker, gonna swamp our midfield 2.
Jesus £#%&!ing Christ.

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That was true of the team as a whole.

Still, when you compare Rooney's display tonight with his totally disgraceful (non) performance in last season's opener........

Just possibly, Motes has something about him after all
I would just prefer we had another player who could be playing in that position between midfield & attack and offer more creative passing to the side
Someone like Mata would be ideal or obviously Fabregas

Leave Rooney to do damage in the final third as to me he just isn't top class in that number 10 role but he is top class in a forward role

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria

Oh yeah, agree with that.

Still a week to go

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:23 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:

There were 4 or 5 during the 1st half.

Plus I'm not sure anyone is 'raving', if you are looking for histrionics the thread starter is a good place to start.

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Absolutely

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:27 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
There were 4 or 5 during the 1st half.

Plus I'm not sure anyone is 'raving', if you are looking for histrionics the thread starter is a good place to start.
Was there

He had one in the match to Welbeck in the 2nd half but apart from that I can't remember any other ones

Not saying he played badly but when you play in the role Rooney had tonight then the onus is on him to breakdown the opposition’s defence

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Plus I'm not sure anyone is 'raving'
silv had a facial with his brother when the match was on. nft.

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:35 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Was there

He had one in the match to Welbeck in the 2nd half but apart from that I can't remember any other ones

Not saying he played badly but when you play in the role Rooney had tonight then the onus is on him to breakdown the opposition’s defence
He played numerous 'penetrative passes', not always putting other people directly in on goal (thats something else entirely) but you're going to be disappointed if you expect anyone to deliver that multiple times against a good team set up for a point.

Rooney can't win...even when he plays well it's still his fault he hasn't provided a match winning assist.

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Tapper Zukie

Thumbs up

He played very well tonight. The most exiting player on the pitch.
He's dead to me though the potato headed scouse @#%&!.

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
He played numerous 'penetrative passes', not always putting other people directly in on goal (thats something else entirely) but you're going to be disappointed if you expect anyone to deliver that multiple times against a good team set up for a point.

Rooney can't win...even when he plays well it's still his fault he hasn't provided a match winning assist.
The one he laid off to Van Persie in the first half was just a fraction out and would have put him clean through.

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:40 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
state of saffers in particular ffs ...£#%&!ing seething because Rooney had a pretty good return after 4 months out.
Pining after lightweight 'tika-taka' footballers just because they're the in thing these days. Ooh, we need a nippy little tricky floating false number 10 like Mata or Silva...we're just not Guardian Podcast enough

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:43 PM
S/Side.Red

He did well considering it was his first start in months. But of course it's largely his fault he's so lacking in sharpness, so...

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:45 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He did well considering it was his first start in months. But of course it's largely his fault he's so lacking in sharpness, so...
What?

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
What?

Unread 26-08-2013, 11:58 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think Draggers actually believes the reported injuries Rooney has had this pre-season

In fairness he maybe right as why would Moyes not want him to play in pre-season if he was happy to select him tonight

Unread 27-08-2013, 12:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I think Draggers actually believes the reported injuries Rooney has had this pre-season

In fairness he maybe right as why would Moyes not want him to play in pre-season if he was happy to select him tonight
I think it may have been more about Rooney not wanting to play in pre-season. Either way, I don't buy that he was injured.

Overall, him being behind everyone else in fitness/sharpness is a consequence of his ongoing situation.
Closed Thread