United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Cream

The players should be dead inside and Fergie should have made 11 players out of 10 versus one of the best teams in Europe - who themselves would not have been boosted at all by the sending off of an opposition player, it was purely a numbers issue.

In summary: everything can be solved by tactics and passions do not exist on the football field.

Congratulations amoebas: you have learnt a lot under Fergie's reign.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:25 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
The players should be dead inside and Fergie should have made 11 players out of 10 versus one of the best teams in Europe - who themselves would not have been boosted at all by the sending off of an opposition player, it was purely a numbers issue.

In summary: everything can be solved by tactics and passions do not exist on the football field.

Great Fergie sides have found a way to overcome whatever is placed in front of them. It sounds harsh but we've overcome more than that in Champs Leagues past. 2-0 down in Turin etc, etc.

It's a kop-out blaming our exit on one single injustice. I'm sorry, it just is. Not saying it didnt have a huge bearing but we crumbled at the point we needed to stand up.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:29 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Great Fergie sides have found a way to overcome whatever is placed in front of them. It sounds harsh but we've overcome more than that in Champs Leagues past. 2-0 down in Turin etc, etc.

It's a kop-out blaming our exit on one single injustice. I'm sorry, it just is. Not saying it didnt have a huge bearing but we crumbled at the point we needed to stand up.
It was already a tightrope. We were playing against mainly superior players man for man. Our tactics and game plan meant we were holding them and had the advantage but losing a man in that situation was too much for our tactical approach. It was never going to work after that.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:30 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
It was already a tightrope. We were playing against mainly superior players man for man. Our tactics and game plan meant we were holding them and had the advantage but losing a man in that situation was too much for our tactical approach. It was never going to work after that.
Agreed. Same was said at HT. If they'd have scored first, we'd have been £#%&!ed anyway - regardless of the sending off.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:34 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Truthbomb almost ruined by slapdash spelling, but a truthbomb nonetheless.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:39 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Truthbomb almost ruined by slapdash spelling, but a truthbomb nonetheless.
Quite. Sorry about that.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Cream

Quote:

Let's look at that from the home side's perspective:

We pulled one back and had 60+ % of possession (sound familiar?), all we needed was one more... Juve went into there shells, yes. Understandable.

Last night we lost a player and finished the game attacking for all our worth, their keeper pulled off some cracking saves. Games ebb and flow, Real were good enough to capitalise. SWALLOW IT.

Criticising the team, and the manager, for last night is beyond the pale.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Sparky***

fact of the matter is that team of theirs probably cost about 3 times as much as ours to put together and it showed when they had the numbers

That along with the fact they had 2 previous balon d'or winners in their squad whilst we had homegrown youngsters out there alongside veterans.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:42 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
fact of the matter is that team of theirs probably cost about 3 times as much as ours to put together and it showed.

That along with the fact they had 2 previous balon d'or winners in their squad whilst we had homegrown youngsters out there alongside veterans.
That's future Balon D'Or winner Danny Welbeck my friend

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:43 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Last nights atmosphere was good but not great imo. Lots of passengers in the crowd simply there for the experience. It was loud at times but never got anywhere near intimidating. #truthbomb
they said they were going to turn the tannoy off , it never happened. I thought last night was good and a marked improvement but if we cant get up for a big game like that we dont deserve to go to a soccer ball game again

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
they said they were going to turn the tannoy off , it never happened. I thought last night was good and a marked improvement but if we cant get up for a big game like that we dont deserve to go to a soccer ball game again
They're probably not allowed because they have to do "these are the chaaaampionnnnns"

Used to love hearing that

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
They were out-singing us outside Sinclairs too. Man for man, fan for fan, were were bested.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:48 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Let's look at that from the home side's perspective:

We pulled one back and had 60+ % of possession (sound familiar?), all we needed was one more... Juve went into there shells, yes. Understandable.

Last night we lost a player and finished the game attacking for all our worth, their keeper pulled off some cracking saves. Games ebb and flow, Real were good enough to capitalise. SWALLOW IT.

Criticising the team, and the manager, for last night is beyond the pale.
I'm not really criticising them. I'm just bored of hearing about 'injustice' and everything being the refs fault - that's a bit simplistic. Our tactics were great for an hour but we WERE slow to react and re-adjust after the red card.

I understand not everyone will agree and I promise I'm not trying to be controversial...I just think we should have re-organised and gone one up front quicker.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That's future Balon D'Or winner Danny Welbeck my friend
madrid brought on about £100m worth of subs

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:50 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
fact of the matter is that team of theirs probably cost about 3 times as much as ours to put together and it showed when they had the numbers

Yes, and I've no problem with that tbh. Glory, Glory Man United and I'm certain we'll be back fighting for it next year.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:51 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
They were out-singing us outside Sinclairs too. Man for man, fan for fan, were were bested.
the bastards, they were walking round Manchester like they owned the £#%&!ing place

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Cream

Quote:

Just ignore Carlo mate, some people want jam on it.

YHGR. (CHBR)

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:53 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
madrid brought on about £100m worth of subs
The rest of The Premier League thinks exactly the same about our bench, most weeks.

ealwithit:

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:53 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:

Inter v barca 2nd leg.

And Fergie's reign will not be remembered for his angry fred the red impersonations.

Unread 06-03-2013, 06:54 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Just ignore Carlo mate, some people want jam on it.

YHGR. (CHBR)
What the £#%&! are you talking about, pal?
Closed Thread