United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2007, 01:59 PM
Spiffy

The deciding factor here is money, it's irrelevant what the fans want otherwise every team would kick off at 3PM on a Saturday avo. If they can charge more for tickets in the US, sell out and get the game on US tv, it will happen even if no one from the UK travels.

Unread 26-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Platini has already said he would like to see a European Cup final outside Europe.

Unread 26-10-2007, 02:49 PM
1MUFC

Lets just move old trafford to new york while were at it, it will look nice there.

Unread 26-10-2007, 02:55 PM
shyteds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Platini has already said he would like to see a European Cup final outside Europe.

Will he change the competition title?

Mind you haven’t we had the English FA Cup in another country? So why couldn’t it happen in the USA?

Hope not but the precedent has been made.

Unread 26-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Zorg

I think someone should create a football club run by its supporters to stop this kind of thing happening.

Unread 26-10-2007, 03:02 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I think someone should create a football club run by its supporters to stop this kind of thing happening.
A pipedream - will never happen.

Unread 26-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Spiffy

Fortunately we have a manager who is an ex-shop steward. He has been made a multi millionaire by the fans of this club and he won't stand by and let the money men from abroad exploit our loyal fans (unless it clashes with looking after his mates). It's times like this I'm glad we have someone like Fergie fighting our corner. You can expect him firing a broadside at the FA any minute now.

Unread 26-10-2007, 03:10 PM
montonred

I thought it died in 2005 officially.........well it did for me until FC rose from the pire

Unread 26-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
Get a grip you @#%&!, its never going to happen.
We'll see.

If the Yanks want it the Yanks will get it, there is too much money involved.

I bet most American Football fans didn't think they would have to travel to London to watch one of their teams fixtures, but they have.

Unread 26-10-2007, 03:24 PM
nei

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
it would be brilliant a game in new york £#%&!ing magic
Did you not go in 2003 or 2004 oh super red?

Unread 26-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Enjoying Insanity

And guess which team, being the most supported and famous club in the world will get shafted by all of this the most ????

Aren't Birmingham now owned by a Chinese bloke as well ??? If so I can imagine us playing Brum away in Shanghai in the near future...... That said with the ridiculous prices down there, it will probably be cheaper to get to China to watch the game

Unread 26-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

This will never ever happen.

But how about United (and others) being represented in the American league, and being able to "borrow" from our squad as and when the club sees fit?

World series here we £#%&!ing come

Unread 26-10-2007, 11:22 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
This will never ever happen.

But how about United (and others) being represented in the American league, and being able to "borrow" from our squad as and when the club sees fit?

World series here we £#%&!ing come
Manchester United States of America @ Arsenal of Arizona

Chivas have done so I reckon you could be right. £#%&!ing @#%&!s.

Unread 27-10-2007, 01:53 AM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Fortunately we have a manager who is an ex-shop steward. He has been made a multi millionaire by the fans of this club and he won't stand by and let the money men from abroad exploit our loyal fans (unless it clashes with looking after his mates). It's times like this I'm glad we have someone like Fergie fighting our corner. You can expect him firing a broadside at the FA any minute now.
right on brother.

he £#%&!ed us over big style. the @#%&!.

who the £#%&! does he think he is coming down here from heroinville telling us how to win trophies? cheeky bastard!

he should have put a recruitment consultant in charge. them folks is honest as £#%&!.

i personally think he should £#%&! off from where he came from with his funny accent and inbred genes.

he's done nothing but shit all over the club that is Manchester United. scotch
whiskey jawed alco.

Unread 03-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Baron

Default Re: Football is dead

Kroenke is apparently about to purchase the last 0.3% of shares for Arsenal that would obligate him to make an offer for the club... so basically in a few weeks Arsenal will be American owned as well.

With Us, them & them all US owned, how long before the original prophecy of a game in the £#%&!ing USA takes place?

Unread 03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Kroenke is apparently about to purchase the last 0.3% of shares for Arsenal that would obligate him to make an offer for the club... so basically in a few weeks Arsenal will be American owned as well.

With Us, them & them all US owned, how long before the original prophecy of a game in the £#%&!ing USA takes place?
is it him or Uzmanaov who hasn't actually paid for any of these shares he's "bought"?

Unread 03-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Sloane

Quote:

theres not really any market in the USA though is there, asia is where the big money is

Unread 03-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Baron

£#%&! knows. I suspect the Russian. Kroenke has been coughing up £8.5k a share according to the reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
theres not really any market in the USA though is there, asia is where the big money is
Kroenke has a side there I think, so anything that promotes the game is on his agenda. Not to mention the way the US Sports are coming here like the NFL & NBA at Wembley & O2 respectively, I get the impression a genuine game between PL sides in the States would be a sell out.

The Far East would be on the agenda too obviously, the moment it goes to one place the rest will be falling over themselves to cough up for a game - Middle East, Far East etc.

All a load of £#%&!ing %@#$&!s.

Unread 03-11-2009, 03:59 PM
wiganste

Quote:
£#%&! knows. I suspect the Russian. Kroenke has been coughing up £8.5k a share according to the reports

Kroenke has a side there I think, so anything that promotes the game is on his agenda. Not to mention the way the US Sports are coming here like the NFL & NBA at Wembley & O2 respectively, I get the impression a genuine game between PL sides in the States would be a sell out.

The Far East would be on the agenda too obviously, the moment it goes to one place the rest will be falling over themselves to cough up for a game - Middle East, Far East etc.

When you consider we were getting 80k attendances for the first pre season tour we had in the states, you just know if we play a competetive game over there, it would sell out in minutes. NQAT

Unread 03-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Sloane

Quote:

yeh i agree if we had a competitive game over there we would sell out etc but i think there is a limit they would reach quite quickly in how much they could make out there.
Closed Thread