United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-07-2017, 03:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
They are winning european cups as a result of years of them winning paul pogba, david de gea style transfer battles.

As siders says, last summer signified a shift. If a Neymar suddenly becomes avaliable, you know where he'll end up. And it's not Real.

Griezmann was only gonna go one place this summer.

Game has changed buddy.
Expect UEFA to start moving goalposts at the behest of their masters in Barcelona and Madrid if this continues.

Unread 18-07-2017, 03:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Whereas Real Madrid etc

Unread 18-07-2017, 03:20 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Expect UEFA to start moving goalposts at the behest of their masters in Barcelona and Madrid if this continues.
TBF both madrid and barca have received a lot of help from refs and uefa in some of their cl triumphs in the last few years. The Uefalona thing is no joke, and Real had a laughable run to the final a year ago facing the likes of wolfsburg, city and roma in knockout ties

Lets not forget the extremely dodgy ref in the 2nd leg of Bayern v Madrid this season.

Unread 18-07-2017, 03:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
TBF both madrid and barca have received a lot of help from refs and uefa in some of their cl triumphs in the last few years. The Uefalona thing is no joke, and Real had a laughable run to the final a year ago facing the likes of wolfsburg, city and roma in knockout ties

Lets not forget the extremely dodgy ref in the 2nd leg of Bayern v Madrid this season.
Didn't the Spanish FA's offices get raided today as well?

Unread 18-07-2017, 03:53 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
When the pl teams had two or three spots in the semis about 10 years ago uefa where making noises about sharing tv revenue across all leagues IIRC

Unread 22-07-2017, 12:20 PM
dunk

Beat Bayern Munich 4-0 today..

Unread 22-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Beat Bayern Munich 4-0 today..
Didn't Dortmund @#%&! them last week? Milan that is.

Unread 22-07-2017, 12:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Didn't Dortmund @#%&! them last week? Milan that is.
Dunno

Unread 22-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dunno
Yeah 3-1. Thought it was more

They're a good bet for the Europa. 9/1 to win it

Unread 22-07-2017, 06:53 PM
red in cumbria

Sky talking about "a shift in European power" on the basis of one friendly

Unread 01-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Clarkie

Unread 01-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

Unread 01-03-2018, 07:04 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Pirlo's autobiography is one of the best football autobiographies i've ever read.

Unread 01-03-2018, 07:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Pirlo's autobiography is one of the best football autobiographies i've ever read.
Fairly low bar, generally speaking

The ones that are good are often very good, though.

Unread 01-03-2018, 07:18 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Fairly low bar, generally speaking

The ones that are good are often very good, though.
Read it - you won't be disappointed.

Unread 01-03-2018, 07:19 PM
sa7

Quote:
Only in Italy would that be a genuine bargaining chip in a contract negotiation

Unread 01-03-2018, 07:20 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
it is ace.

Zlatans was predictably brash, but still enjoyable enough.

Didn't get far with G nevs maybe need to give it another shot

Unread 01-03-2018, 07:21 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
it is ace.

Zlatans was predictably brash, but still enjoyable enough.

Didn't get far with G nevs maybe need to give it another shot
pirlo spent months and months getting it translated from italian to english, making sure it read properly and was in context.

properly fascinating read.

Unread 01-03-2018, 07:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
pirlo spent months and months getting it translated from italian to english, making sure it read properly and was in context.

Magnificent player and one of several I was gutted never graced the shirt. Should have had him off AC

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:40 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:

Pirlo:

‘’Even Sir Alex Ferguson, the purple-nosed manager who turned Manchester United into a fearsome battleship, couldn’t resist the temptation. He's a man without blemish, but he ruined that purity just for a moment when it came to me. A fleeting shabbiness came over the legend that night.

At Milan, he unleashed Park Ji-sung to shadow me. He rushed about at the speed of an electron. He'd fling himself at me, his hands all over my back, trying to intimidate me. He'd look at the ball and not know what it was for.

They'd programmed him to stop me. His devotion to the task was almost touching. Even though he was a famous player, he consented to being used as a guard dog’’

He said hodgson called he Perla which means #@&%!

When did hodgson manage him?
Closed Thread